Dallas Stars 2018-2019 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

9th in the West because we are the Stars.
You know, i wanted to write a reactionary post to this but i decided to sit on it. You could very well be right. A lot of people, myself included, wanted dallas to go make a splash in free agency. But as the preseason takes shape, i read reports about the team, I'm thinking our big offseason acquisition might very well be the coach. It's early, of course, but he could be our new franchise coach. The team has already bought in and by all reports, really respect him and his plan. I think we'll see a lot more out of many. The top players will perform as expected, but i think we'll get significantly more depth scoring this season. I'm not saying we're going be unstoppable, but i think more often than not we're going to be really good.
  • Like 1

If he can get something out of Spezza that Hitch didn't that would be a good start. 

I had rather keep the expectations low and see them over deliver. The opposite is when it sucks all the fun out of a season. After the astoundingly awful end to last year I'd be glad to be in the post season. It's like we reset and have to reload some programs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:
On 9/25/2018 at 8:16 PM, SimonBolivar said:
9th in the West because we are the Stars.

You know, i wanted to write a reactionary post to this but i decided to sit on it. You could very well be right. A lot of people, myself included, wanted dallas to go make a splash in free agency. But as the preseason takes shape, i read reports about the team, I'm thinking our big offseason acquisition might very well be the coach. It's early, of course, but he could be our new franchise coach. The team has already bought in and by all reports, really respect him and his plan. I think we'll see a lot more out of many. The top players will perform as expected, but i think we'll get significantly more depth scoring this season. I'm not saying we're going be unstoppable, but i think more often than not we're going to be really good.

Dude was a good coach in college. Tyler and Benn are locked up so they should be committed. I'm excited, but Stars gonna Stars most of the time.

On 9/25/2018 at 8:08 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Alright, get your shot in now: what is your prediction for the season? I'm going with 104 points, conference runner-up, lose in conference finals. Segs gets the Art Ross, Klinger is Norris runner-up, Heiskanen wins the Calder.

Minimum playoffs. I’m a believer in this team and really think the sky is the limit. Just missing leadership and direction. Also in agreeance regarding Montgomery. I think he’s here at the right time and the right fit for this team. Looking for Janmark to step it up in a big way. I’ll let them skate a few games before I say Stanley Cup... too late. The NHL can be funny like that.

Don’t want to be a negative Nancy but I just don’t see a lot of quality depth on offense, the same problem we had last year. Spezza is 2c and looked done. Devin Shore sucks and is our 3rd line winger. 4th line is an unknown centering 2 guys that have never shown anything (dickinson/Ritchie). 

Hope for the best but I’m not seeing it. 

22 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Don’t want to be a negative Nancy but I just don’t see a lot of quality depth on offense, the same problem we had last year. Spezza is 2c and looked done. Devin Shore sucks and is our 3rd line winger. 4th line is an unknown centering 2 guys that have never shown anything (dickinson/Ritchie). 

Hope for the best but I’m not seeing it. 

It's hard to argue against that, but Spezza has shown signs of life in the preseason and wouldn't be the first player who just played shitty because they hated Hitch. I think Roope makes an impact this year (if for no other reason than I want to be optimistic) and Valeri is automatically a step up from Shore getting top six line starts last year.

Don't misinterpret my argument as "No, we are gonna be great this year," but I definitely think there are pieces there that can be an upgrade from last year. (Which was a team that was all but guaranteed to make the playoffs until hitting a historically bad collapse.)

Edited by scDaeDae
I can't type for shit