Longhorn Network

TXs

16 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Did you watch that game? He wasn't D1 quality at that time. To his credit he's improved. 

i did watch that game.  he was 21/27 for 237 yards with 2 td's and 0 int's.  he also carried the ball 12 times for 51 yards and a td.

it was also something like his 9th or 10th start in college football and we had plenty of idiots who were already considering him a bust.  

it'd be nice if people remembered that the next time this happens, but i'm sure the same group will be saying the same shit.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is it though? They get to develop talent before moving them to the more polished flagship, and they developed and worked out the process to then create sec network.   What are those things worth vs the initial investment/contract with Texas?

I think LHN has become, albeit slightly, profitable

• Hook 'Em 1

We have the excellent reviews of the 1963 and 1969 National Championship Seasons; I wonder if there will be one for the 1970 National Championship Season. I know it was slightly tarnished by the 1971 Cotton Bowl loss to Notre Dame du Lac, but it was a legitimate NC under the way this was determined at the time.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I'm curious if the person who okayed the LHN deal is still employed with ESPN? The ROI on this deal has to be one of the worse ones in ESPN's history. 

Yeah dude- this is an odd take. It’s profitable and makes money. 
it kept the big 12 together which worked for inventory and rights fees purposes for them

it gives people seasoning before being promoted onto a greater platform
It provided a blue print for them to do the SEC network  

it wasn’t a grand slam for them or anything but if it finishes in the black and helps you in other ways (which it has) then how can anyone be upset about it  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If it’s profitable, I wonder if the university would take it over and keep it going if espn decided to opt out. Or maybe without Disney behind it, it drops off of channel listings as contracts expire. 

With all the infrastructure in place, and the low operating expenses, I am sure the university would like to do that. They originally planned to run it themselve I think anyway.

1 hour ago, DaysOff said:

Because it's a sports network and we've generally sucked at sports since its inception.

It shows plenty of sports from when we were good at them. It shows sports that we’ve been bad at that would never have been on tv otherwise. It shows documentaries about the school and people associated with the school, it’s shown speeches at LBJ on the anniversary of the civil rights act.  It’s a multifunctional platform, and it’s great as long as you care about UT, it’s alumni, or the city of Austin. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I presume there’s an All Access coming up soon? Anyone seen a promo for it? I did look the other day, so not being 100% lazy. More like 73%.

(I just searched again on the LHN Twitter feed, and nothing, so I guess nothing in the near future.) 

See post #102 .

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

So I just need to go back to August 2019?  I saw how that season played out, no thanks.

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

So I just need to go back to August 2019?  I saw how that season played out, no thanks.

Ha,  not used to such large time skips on a single page.  Sorry about that.