Outdoor Forum????

BabaYaga

Do you really want to co-mingle the merits of women's table tennis with finding the perfect ballistic coefficient of a 6.5 Creedmoor, when to set out protein for optimal antler growth, the best food plots for whitetail, a beautiful pissing match between the BGE and pussy pellet-smoker crowd, or whether to go with Bilstein 5100's or Rancho? 

If you build it, we will come...
Edited by BabaYaga

I've requested a hobbies and interests board and it looks like spider is considering it.  I want a place for a woodworking thread and a working on cars thread, and this is another good example of why we need it. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 1

Ford vs. Chevy
Fat side up!
30-06 vs. 270
Glocks vs 1911
Benelli vs Beretta
Neck shots vs. heart/lung
All fly fisherman are dewshes...
Pellet smokers are for pussies (if you have to plug in your smoker, that is fucking cheating)
Whataburger vs. the field
If you put sauce on brisket I will stab you in the fupa!
The price for deer leases in Texas is TOO DAMN HIGH!
Anyone know a guy that can high-game fence my 600 aces for a good price?

We need a home, god dammit!!!!!

Taking my oldest carbon copy out to the ranch this weekend in fact along with a buddy and his son.  Cigars.  Fishing.  A little tannerite as long as mom doesn't find out.  I'm thinking 'Chimi's' from Allsups on the way out, BBQ @ Big O's in Valera for lunch, then grilled backstrap and friend fish tacos for dinner.  All while the rib and daughter are out of town at a tournament.  

But yeah, lacrosse and Quidditch...

There's hunting/fishing/outdoors/nature stuff in one pile. In the other you'll find all other activities in which a person can invest leisure time. So something broadly called "outdoors" is really useful. And don't come in there with any disc golf. I mean, it's enjoyable...but no.  

31 minutes ago, 35dimes said:

What's the board's thoughts on exotic hunting?

Well that's a pretty broad question. I think you'll get starkly different answers whether you're talking about shooting a released lion in a pen, or spot stalking an Aoudad on a 50K acre ranch in West Texas. Just sayin...

46 minutes ago, 35dimes said:

What's the board's thoughts on exotic hunting?

Auodad are nasty.  Sitka are twitchy but taste good.  Blackbuck are some crawling bitches.  Axis will beat the shit out of your whitetail and chase them off feeders.  Asians take too much work but do yell a lot in the sack....

10 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Auodad are nasty.  Sitka are twitchy but taste good.  Blackbuck are some crawling bitches.  Axis will beat the shit out of your whitetail and chase them off feeders.  Asians take too much work but do yell a lot in the sack....

I've found Axis are actually some of the most elusive motherfuckers in the world. I spent 2 years trying to get an axis and two months to track down this fella1muWeES.png

Not pictured: The massive amount of sweat from the hunting suit I took off.

Still pretty proud of this one.

2 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

I've found Axis are actually some of the most elusive motherfuckers in the world. I spent 2 years trying to get an axis and two months to track down this fella1muWeES.png

Not pictured: The massive amount of sweat from the hunting suit I took off.

Still pretty proud of this one.

Nice velvet.  Yeah, depends upon the place.  The pressure they feel.  Other animals, etc.  I've been on places where the Axis were thick, and gave zero shits.  Came right in to the feeders.  Good show sir!  You got after it.   I've got a bucket list to draw tags in any of the western states and hike my happy ass up into the mountains and get after it!  Something more active than sitting in a blind!

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 1:34 PM, Mojo Hand said:

I've requested a hobbies and interests board and it looks like spider is considering it.  I want a place for a woodworking thread and a working on cars thread, and this is another good example of why we need it. 

I started a Classic Cars thread in Help