Put in the big hole and gouge on it (truck driver check in)

drifter379

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:56 PM, drifter379 said:

Hate to see shit like that. But at least he got to go home to his family.

Late update - SIL is now a week into a 30 workers comp/rehab stint; after 10 days off he went back to work for a few days but his left arm wouldn't straighten out and he was losing feeling and strength in that arm. Couldn't lift 10 lbs., so they pulled him off the road and are trying to figure out what's fucked up (looking at shoulder, elbow, soft tissue - no broken bones, which are actually quicker to heal). He thought he could drive, but knew it was a problem when he couldn't draw his bow back, that's when he went back into the Dr. office.

40 minutes ago, drifter379 said:

the days of loud are over.

Ya know, speaking as someone that had 6" straights, a Jake and ran West Coast, that might not be a bad thing. I got a rockin' case of tinnitus now. 

So what do you use for internet/tv? Just run everything thru your phone?

I am really happy with the color. No matter the light it still looks purple. Sometimes the darker shades look black at certain angles.

Have you thought about some color matched led strip lights along the frame to give it ground accent lighting? Probably not road legal, but would look cool as hell parked. 

Edited by RPM

So what do you use for internet/tv? Just run everything thru your phone?
I am really happy with the color. No matter the light it still looks purple. Sometimes the darker shades look black at certain angles.
Have you thought about some color matched led strip lights along the frame to give it ground accent lighting? Probably not road legal, but would look cool as hell parked. 

I got ideas. But I need to make a few payments before I start adding stuff. Lol.

On 4/9/2019 at 2:56 PM, drifter379 said:

Those are going to be some back and arm burning motherfuckers!!

8” all the way under should help it sound better too, even with all the emission shit.

They had to move the def box (passenger steps) forward 5” to get them to fit.da472ef4c119e1639868f4de6c96144f.jpg

Can someone who speaks trucker red-neck translate this post for me. It sounds like something I might be interested in.

Nice looking machine.

1 minute ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Can someone who speaks trucker red-neck translate this post for me. It sounds like something I might be interested in.

Nice looking machine.

The exhaust pipes on the tractor are 8" in diameter, and they go all the way under the tractor to the emission control stuff.

They get quite hot, and when getting in and out of the tractor, you could easily rub up against them and burn yourself. 

They had to relocate the "Diesel Exhaust Fluid" box in order to accommodate the larger-than-usual exhaust pipes.  It's located near the passenger steps to enter the cab.

• Hook 'Em 1

Bad wreck coming down I-70E at Denver West. Fuckin' rookies.

The 23-year-old truck driver who police say caused the 28-car fiery pileup Thursday on Interstate 70 that left four people dead allegedly told authorities that his breaks stopped working while barreling 85 mph down the highway and that he didn’t drive off the road because he didn’t want to roll his truck.

Rogel Lazaro Aguilera-Mederos’ arrest affidavit, released Saturday afternoon, details the panic on the road, both for Aguilera-Mederos and other commuters, as the runaway truck hurtled down from the high country at terrifying speed.

Aguilera-Mederos, a Texas resident, appeared in court for the first time Saturday, when a judge found probable cause for his arrest on investigation of vehicular homicide.

He is due back in court at 10 a.m. May 3. The judge set his bail at $400,000.

Pam Russell, spokeswoman for the 1st Judicial District Attorney, said charges have not been filed.

Aguilera-Mederos told police at the hospital after the crash that he lost control of his semi-tractor traveling east on I-70, and that his breaks stopped functioning. He said he noticed he was going 85 mph, the affidavit said, so he maneuvered to the right shoulder to avoid stopped traffic.

Aguilera-Mederos saw the shoulder was blocked by another stopped semi-truck, according to police, so he chose to swerve back into the lanes of stopped traffic. He didn’t drive off the road, the affidavit said, because he didn’t want to roll the semi.

“Rogel said he thought he was going to die so he closed his eyes before hitting the stopped traffic,” the affidavit states.

Police reviewed video from witnesses, the affidavit said, which allegedly shows a trail of fluid coming from Aguilera-Mederos’ semi-tractor near the Genesee exit. The video also shows Aguilera-Mederos allegedly passing multiple “runaway truck ramp” signs with flashing yellow lights as he flew down the highway.

Spoiler

As Aguilera-Mederos’ semi came into his rear-view mirror, a frightened driver pulled off the road to avoid getting hit, according to the affidavit.

Another witnesses described to police that when he pulled up alongside the runaway semi to get the driver’s attention, he “realized something was wrong when the driver of the semi was ‘wide eyed’ with a terrified look on his face.”

Police say Aguilera-Mederos told them he was going only 25 miles per hour in the section of the highway that the video shows him passing the runaway truck signs and running a vehicle off the road.

The crash caused a series of explosions after lumber in Aguilera-Mederos’ truck ignited with gasoline spilled from damage cars. The fire burned so hot that it melted cars and turned the road surface into rubble.

The Jefferson County coroner confirmed four deaths Friday, but police said investigators were having trouble counting the victims because bodies were burned beyond recognition.

Six people went to the hospital with serious injuries, as good Samaritans risked their own lives to rescue people from burning cars. The crash shut down the highway for more than 24 hours as investigators, rescue crews and repair teams worked to clear the wreckage.

Rob Corry, Aguilera-Mederos’ lawyer, told reporters outside the Jefferson County jail Saturday afternoon that he believes there was “some sort of malfunction” with the vehicle.

“This was a tragic accident,” Corry said. “But it was an accident.”

Aguilera-Mederos is cooperating with the investigation, Corry said, and answered every question posed to him.

Corry said Aguilera-Mederos has driven in Colorado, Wyoming and Texas but could not confirm if he had experience driving on steep grades.

Corry said his client is beside himself after the tragedy.

“He’s in deep sorrow,” Corry said. “He can’t eat; he can’t sleep. He’s doing very badly right now.”

Edited by RPM

Saw all this yesterday. The fact that he blew by the runaway ramps pretty much seals his fate.

A lot of guys out here complain about the new breed of truck driver( steering wheel holders). This is an example of that .

There was a whole genre of music based off of the notion that truck drivers would take their own lives in order to save others.

[/url]

They need to birth this guy under the jail.

13 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Hell im just shocked his truck wasn’t governed at 65.

Gravity will override governors. It doesn't take long to get into trouble if you're an idiot. Having said that, the grade dropping into Denver isn't that bad. You REALLY have to be an idiot to do what he did.