So I have to spend a few nights in College Station

Deej

Fargo's for barbeque, Grub burger bar for burgers, if you have time for a movie, Star Cinema Grill has a great sound system, and everything on the menu is good.

The Republic Steakhouse is good for steak and whiskey, Veritas is the best upscale place (went to a bat mitzvah there last year, and the parents dropped 5 grand on a party for 100 people... Money well spent).

Best bar is the Fox and Hound. Rx Pizza in Bryan is legit.

Oh, there's also a creperie and an ice cream shop where they freeze the ice cream right in front of you, using liquid nitrogen. Honestly, if you spend most of your time in Century Square (next to "The Green") you won't be wasting your time like you would if you went anywhere else in College Station.

Best Mexican joint is Casa Rodriguez, in Bryan.

• 2 years later...

There has never been a better time to don your burnt orange in Brazos County than right fucking now.  LOLz.

They are the miserable ones.  Might as well help push them over the edge a little.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

There has never been a better time to don your burnt orange in Brazos County than right fucking now.  LOLz.

They are the miserable ones.  Might as well help push them over the edge a little.

I like the cut of your jib.  

• 8 months later...
4 hours ago, Saint Austin said:

Looks like I'll be out there for several days for depositions this month. Any other decent food recs?

Fargo's for BBQ.  Take cash.

Twin Peaks has a better than average Bourbon selection and COLD beer.  Excellent scenery as well.

Most of the time, I end up at Hooters, though.  

The wife and I once had an excellent meal at Solt, if you're looking for something a bit more elevated.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fargo's for barbeque, Grub burger bar for burgers, if you have time for a movie, Star Cinema Grill has a great sound system, and everything on the menu is good.
The Republic Steakhouse is good for steak and whiskey, Veritas is the best upscale place (went to a bat mitzvah there last year, and the parents dropped 5 grand on a party for 100 people... Money well spent).

Best bar is the Fox and Hound. Rx Pizza in Bryan is legit.

So you know the one Jewish family in Collie Station? Best upscale place in town for $50/person…LOL

Let me help out here.  I am in CS more than I like to be but I like money and I have clients there.

Upscale dinning:

Republic for steaks

Solt for fusion

1860 or Amico nave for italian.

Lunch:

3rd and main for burgers salads etc

Fuego for tacos.  Think Torchy's but better

Top of the hill for burgers

Breakfast:

Jesse's.  Best breakfast taco I have ever had.  No kidding

Sweet Paris for crepes etc.

For mexican you are kind of out of luck.  I have tried all of them and they all are marginal at best.

Any other questions let me know. I am sure I missed something, especially places to potentially avoid.

• Hook 'Em 1