Pink Floyd

Shoxthemonkey

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been too long in between bumps.  This aggression will not STAND man!

Say what you want about Endless River and the compromised "final draft", but it makes for some good July 4th morning drone/lake/clouds background...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 9:00 AM, stc said:

the nick mason setlist is really good, looking forward to that one more than roger waters...but excited about both. 

“Roger Waters says he’s far, far more important than Drake and The Weeknd”. 

https://pagesix.com/2022/07/17/roger-waters-says-hes-far-more-important-than-drake-the-weeknd/amp/

image.gif.7d74d69780fba47076601d88594b98b7.gif

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Cajun said:

What an absolute douche Roger is.  

And, yes, I’ll be at his show because he’s a talented and entertaining douche.

Agree, I'm still a Roger fan though.  Wasn't planning on going to see him again, Been to Pros & Cons, KAOS, The Wall twice.  I was happy with that.  Hearing rumblings that this might be it for him though (he IS 78 after all), and time waits for no one, so think I'm gonna scrounge up a couple of tickets for me and my son, one last time.

• 2 weeks later...

^^ Didn’t that destroy a bit insignificant bit of the city with the volume and bass bins?  It was a floating stage, right?

And Waters continue being Waters, saying Ukraine is in the wrong for not suing for peace, Taiwan is rightfully China’s and Russia had already pretty much defeated the nazis before the US entered the war. 

https://consequence.net/2022/08/roger-waters-biden-war-criminal-russia-china/amp/

Obviously Barbarossa was falling on its ass about the time the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, so the war of attrition really cost Germany the initiative and was arguably the beginning of the end…but I don't know I’d argue that Russia won the war all by itself.  

• 2 weeks later...

How tough is it to get helium?  A lot of it?

I’m seriously considering purchasing to tie up and fly off the boat when I’m anchored at party cove w/Floyd turned up to eleven.  There’s a man standing behind on the left for scale purposes…

F1A46D12-C09B-4D38-BCBB-18150BB0DE72.jpeg

• Haha 1

Yeah, that thing seems nice.  ;) 

Anybody ever been to the Nick Mason "Saucerful of Secrets" shows?  I love their early stuff.  And the videos I've watched seem to be really great treatment of the material.  You can tell he's truly dedicated to that part of their history, and his own story.  I just don't know if I can justify the price, plus Bass isn't the best place in the world to see a show (beats the fuck outta FEC, but that's a low bar).  I'm on the fence on attending.  Anybody?  

29 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, that thing seems nice.  ;) 

Anybody ever been to the Nick Mason "Saucerful of Secrets" shows?  I love their early stuff.  And the videos I've watched seem to be really great treatment of the material.  You can tell he's truly dedicated to that part of their history, and his own story.  I just don't know if I can justify the price, plus Bass isn't the best place in the world to see a show (beats the fuck outta FEC, but that's a low bar).  I'm on the fence on attending.  Anybody?  

Going in October.

Haz excite BIGLY!

12 hours ago, Cajun said:

Because angry Floyd is the best Floyd…

If you don't mind, I'm in favor of you posting a couple of these every week.

Echoes, if you please.

Well, shit. I posted before I watched the first vid. I went straight to "angry Floyd". This is the best part of Echoes. Muchas gracias

Edited by Shoxthemonkey
too big a hurry
  • Hook 'Em 1

@ShoxthemonkeyOh, there’ll be more.  I’m working on incorporating my boat, with underwater sound reactive LEDs, all the other lights you’ve seen, and my drone.  Gonna need help and a low wind day for that.  Preferably with a touch of fog to get that good laser/light beam effect going.

Until then, here’s an oldie but goodie…

• Like 1

A quick clip of the underwater reactive LEDs.  I think it would be pretty interesting to hook up the others, mount them on the wake tower, crank up Floyd, and then have the drone do a slow orbit around the boat at 50 to 75 yards maybe 10 feet over the water.  And as you can tell by this clip, the WetSounds speakers in the MasterCraft crush the stuff in my living room…

• Hook 'Em 1

• what are our thoughts on the solo works of both gilmour and waters?  i remember when pros and cons of hitchiking came out, there seemed to be some decent songs getting radio play.   and there's no way out of here is one of the greatest songs ever written, so there's that, but i don't know much about the rest of that album.

• 1 month later...

That was my 6th time seeing him and by far the most political. Also the most solo material I've seen him play. The neutering of comfortably numb was a very Roger thing to do. Definitely made me want a Gilmour tour, Roger singing wish you were here just doesn't sound right. Overall quite a spectacle and very enjoyable. Sheep was great. 563920f0d69270511aca0cd5cdabc42b.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

I really enjoyed the CN version, but also wouldn't disagree w/your neutering descriptor.  I've seen him 3 times live and many, many times recorded and this was just an orgy of politics.  And it was just the same stuff shuffled around like Shake'N'Bake chicken, but in your face every moment, every second.  Even when I agree with Roger, I want to punch him in the face b/c he just won't shut the fuck up.  It's not cool and, honestly, most of it is really not very intelligent. It's cheap, low hanging fruit shit.

Last night was visually and audibly fantastic, but really just boiled down to an old codger virtue signaling for 3 hours to the younger crowd that he was more edgy than they are no matter what causes they "warrior(d)" for, and with crazy graphics and a kickass cover band to boot.  "So keep looking to me young SJDs!  I'm your GOD.  Oh, and buy my expensive shit while I sing 'Money' for you as my pilot fires up the GulfStream so I can GTFOH..."  But, yeah, Roger really is a champion for the poor.

I left the same way - yearning for Gilmour.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I really enjoyed the CN version, but also wouldn't disagree w/your neutering descriptor.  I've seen him 3 times live and many, many times recorded and this was just an orgy of politics.  And it was just the same stuff shuffled around like Shake'N'Bake chicken, but in your face every moment, every second.  Even when I agree with Roger, I want to punch him in the face b/c he just won't shut the fuck up.  It's not cool and, honestly, most of it is really not very intelligent. It's cheap, low hanging fruit shit.

Last night was visually and audibly fantastic, but really just boiled down to an old codger virtue signaling for 3 hours to the younger crowd that he was more edgy than they are no matter what causes they "warrior(d)" for, and with crazy graphics and a kickass cover band to boot.  "So keep looking to me young SJDs!  I'm your GOD.  Oh, and buy my expensive shit while I sing 'Money' for you as my pilot fires up the GulfStream so I can GTFOH..."  But, yeah, Roger really is a champion for the poor.

I left the same way - yearning for Gilmour.

I agree with everything you said, though to be fair, he at least tells everybody at the beginning of the show to get the fuck out and go to the bar if they don't want to listen to his politics.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, KingBobo81 said:

I agree with everything you said, though to be fair, he at least tells everybody at the beginning of the show to get the fuck out and go to the bar if they don't want to listen to his politics.

Yeah, but that's just a variation of the Ricky Bobby "All due respect" ploy.  I know he's gonna do them and have ridden that storm out without much complaint, but last night was f'n dumb.  It just was.  There was no let up and there was really nothing new or insightful.  Like I said before, Roger just put all his bitches and moans in a brown paper bag, shook 'em up for each song, and dumped it out on the table as if it were something new.  Even when I agreed with him, I could barely hear the music over the "We all get it!" voice droning in my coconut.  In fact, that's what Waters was last night, the guy at the party who tells the joke everyone's heard who keeps retelling and explaining it saying, "Get it?  Get it?"

Fuck, he's Glen from Raising Arizona, except politically.

Bet he swings too.

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

I like the view you had Czech.

Gift from my son, we were both pleasantly surprised how good the view was.  I knew the basic layout of the stage, and he had about 3 different areas in mind when buying tickets, told him this spot (section 110) looked the best.  Was really a good view, and overall cool crowd around us, old hippie next to us sharing his Garrison Brothers on the rocks (it was his birthday), and somebody right behind us blazing up (do the kids still say that), twas a good night.

• Hook 'Em 1