Caden Sterns

BigOrange1

26 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Fucking 'ay he's 18 and literally might be one of the best 5 safeties in the nation. Has an underclassman ever won the Thorpe award? I mean what if this kid puts up like 10 picks and 70 tackles on the season?

Does anyone have a good doc that can take a look at this erection that won't go away?

There are some vets over in collie station who'll be happy to accommodate your "issue".  The best part....no charge! 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/college-are-the-texas-longhorns-back-to-national-prominence

Perhaps the most compelling storyline to come out of Austin through four weeks is the play of the secondary, most notably that of true freshman Caden Sterns. Currently possessing our highest coverage grade among true freshman defensive backs, Sterns has three interceptions and two additional pass breakups despite just seven targets while he’s logged 167 snaps in coverage.

There are a handful of big-time impact freshmen at quarterback and the offensive skill positions through the first quarter of the college football season. Be it gunslingers at Texas Tech and Clemson or dangerous skill players at USC and Purdue, young players always make an impact.

The biggest impact, however, comes on the defensive side in what 247Sports director of scouting Barton Simmons describes as the best freshman out there.

“I think Caden Sterns is the best freshman in college football,” Simmons said. “It’s about, not just the play making he’s bringing to the table for Texas, but the big plays in big moments. You can make a case where Texas has beaten in the last couple weeks USC and TCU, you can make a case they don’t win those games without Caden Sterns.”

Progressive
PAID CONTENT BY PROGRESSIVE

Switch And Save!

Switch to Progressive and you could save an average of $668.

Sterns plays defensive back and special teams for the 3-1 Longhorns, who are back in the Associated Press Top 25 thanks to a win over TCU. Sterns himself is fresh off a nod as the 247Sports Freshman of the Week because of it.

“TCU is very confident, moving the football, two interceptions, changes the game,” Simmons said. “What he’s bringing to the table, not just in terms of his play making, but the energy that defense is feeding off with him. He is the most impactful true freshman in the country right now.”

Sterns also flipped the script on USC in Week 3 because of his impact on special teams.

“Against USC, the Trojans are driving, getting a little momentum, kicking a field goal to cut the lead to 23-17 before Caden Sterns blocks a kick, returns for a touchdown,” Simmons said. “That opens the floodgates for that game.”

The top-ranked safety in the 247Sports Composite for the 2018 class, Sterns won Texas’ starting job with room to spare in fall camp. Thus far the freshman from San Antonio has totaled 15 tackles (sixth on the team) and a trio of interceptions, which is tied for the second most nationally.

“He has a bright future,” said Texas linebacker Gary Johnson. “That guy gives everything he’s got, in practice, film or whatever. … It’s crazy to have a young guy that’s ready to produce and make big plays in front of 100,000 people.”

1COMMENTS

In his first four games at the college level, Sterns has 15 tackles and three interceptions.

“There's a lot of pride (in Texas playing great defense),” coach Tom Herman said. “And you guys probably get sick of me saying it, but since the inception of the BCS and now into the College Football Playoff, there has been one national champion that's finished with a total defense outside the Top 25, and that was Auburn. I think they finished 32nd that year, but they also had a quarterback named Cameron Newton that was a pretty good player. We understand that to play at a championship level you're going to have to play great defense.”

I love watching him play.  He’s the most instinctual player we’ve had on the 40 in quite some time.  It’s not like the QBs are throwing him the ball to his chest like Robinson did on the Brandon Jones interceptions.  Sterns is tracking and breaking on the ball while it’s in the air.  He’s a straight up ball hawk.  Let’s also not forget, he would have had another interception if it were for Davante Davis running into him mid air.  Forget which game that was.

Was listening to a podcast and they refer to him as “ The Wolf of DKR”... love it haha.

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

I love watching him play.  He’s the most instinctual player we’ve had on the 40 in quite some time.  It’s not like the QBs are throwing him the ball to his chest like Robinson did on the Brandon Jones interceptions.  Sterns is tracking and breaking on the ball while it’s in the air.  He’s a straight up ball hawk.  Let’s also not forget, he would have had another interception if it were for Davante Davis running into him mid air.  Forget which game that was.

Was listening to a podcast and they refer to him as “ The Wolf of DKR”... love it haha.

Often a guy has all the physical tools like Brandon Jones but just needs seasoning before the game "slows down for him."  The game already looks pretty slow for Sterns.

His brother Jordan (Oklahoma State) was our Uber driver to the game. Awesome dude. Unfortunately, he just got released from the KC Chiefs. Talking to him though, he said he’s gonna keep working out, and give it one more try before he hangs them up. He bragged on his little brother on our way to the game, and my buddy and I texted him updates throughout. I wish him luck, and his little brother is a fucking beast.

Not gonna blame Davis on that one, he was actually in better position to catch it than Caden..
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ousux said:
On 9/25/2018 at 1:54 PM, victory88 said:

Read more  

Not gonna blame Davis on that one, he was actually in better position to catch it than Caden..

Yeah but who would you trust more to actually catch that ball and make a play?