Dicker The Kicker

Shaggy3.0

I know a lot of people refuse to acknowledge it, but there were at least two (maybe 3) games we win last year with even an average kicker. (We're talking chip shots missed)

Hope Rowland gets his degree in something decent, he won't sniff the field this year and he's out of eligibility.

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

What happened to his confidence after USC? He's 2-5 since then, and 0-3 beyond 40 yards with most of those missed badly.

He's a freshman. He overachieved against USC. He's going to be up and down.

Remember when Dickson let a punt go through his hands against Oklahoma State?

Ok so hear me out. 

Mack Brown was a lot of things, but one thing no one can argue with was his ability to talk to kickers before big kicks and help them get over the nerves. Mangum against Michigan in the Rose Bowl, Tucker to send A&M out of the conference, etc. 

Herman should have Mack on staff, and on the sidelines for late game kicker talks, and nothing else. He can be a special assistant to the special teams coordinator or some made up BS title that isn’t really a coach.

I’ll hang up and listen.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

On two of his 40+ misses, one against TCU and one against KSU, I noticed as he was kicking that he appears to have a shorter approach to the ball than other kickers.  It looked funny to me and I was half-expecting him to miss those kicks.  I have not gone back to rewatch them and have never studied kickers and their approach to a ball, so I am probably just announcing my own lunacy in this thread.  

• Like 1

Ok so hear me out. 
Mack Brown was a lot of things, but one thing no one can argue with was his ability to talk to kickers before big kicks and help them get over the nerves. Mangum against Michigan in the Rose Bowl, Tucker to send A&M out of the conference, etc. 
Herman should have Mack on staff, and on the sidelines for late game kicker talks, and nothing else. He can be a special assistant to the special teams coordinator or some made up BS title that isn’t really a coach.
I’ll hang up and listen.

I don’t want Mack anywhere near Texas football at any time. I don’t care if it’s calling the game, doing halftime from Bristol, or just a damn commercial on LHN.

1 hour ago, hornian said:

Ok so hear me out. 

I’ll hang up and listen.

nah fam

3 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I don’t want Mack anywhere near Texas football at any time. I don’t care if it’s calling the game, doing halftime from Bristol, or just a damn commercial on LHN.

It actually makes me feel better when Herman says he talks to Mack on a regular basis.  Herman needs to have his rough edges worn smooth by the ancient and wise stones of Mack Brown.

1 hour ago, hornian said:

Mack ain't giving up his cushy TV job.  Maybe have him on standby, to phone in and patch it through to the kicker's helmet.

"Ground Control to Major Tom.  Mack for Dicker on Line One."

Edited by clapclapclap
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on.

30 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Don’t watch Texas All Acess on LHN. Herman had Mack talk to the team in preseason. 

He'll get his shit together eventually (this weekend would be a good time for that, if needed)......our most recent "great" FG kicker (Tucker) didn't even start kicking FG's until his junior year....and even then, it took him a while to become consistently good then great.

Edited by MirrOlure

Getting laid by 40 chicks at once is one hellova way to lose one's virginity.

One for each acre, right.

Holy crap he looks like he is 14.

Edited by slorch