Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Why?

By all accounts, the GOP love people who haven't been elected officials in years.  Romney (2008 runner up, 2012 nominee), Huckabee (3rd place in 2008), Gingrich (4th place finish in 2012), Santorum (2nd place finish in 2012) were all out of office when they ran pretty sustained presidential campaigns.

I understand your examples but Cruz would face the question that if he can’t even win Texas as a gop senator why should the gop trust him to win the country?  He’s done if he loses next month.  Perhaps he might challenge cornyn in the next gop primary. Wouldn’t that be fun. 

The game is finally afoot!

This is when it gets super fun/interesting. It's like talking about the draft for months and then finally draft day (er...weeks) is upon us and we get to see what all the pundits were saying and predictions and results, etc.

I've come around to finding political theatre/arena to be pretty entertaining. I've always wondered what the appeal was, but this stuff is better than any soap opera

Some new ads.  The first one is on attendance.   The second one is on medicaid and SS.  I can't figure how to link directly to the second one.  But if you click on the twitter feed, it will show up under this one, along with some good commentary.

Edited by pyrohornIII
technological shortcomings
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Mexican Mexicans aren't even the same. You got sing-song ranchero Mexicans up in Pancho Villa land, you got Regio Monterrey Mexicans who make natural Romney Republicans, you got your Tapatio in Guadalajara, your Jarocho in Veracruz who stepped right out of a 1930s movie about dockworkers, you got your Chilango Mexico City crypto-commie Buddy-Holly-glasses-wearing UNAM profesora, you got Yucatecos who are "Mexican" the same way the IRA love Queen Elizabeth, you got throwback almost Mussolini dudes marching down the street a bock away from the Workers' Party, (and since it's Mexico the graphic design is simultaneously retro and stunning), you got Yaquis don't know the Otomis don't know the Nahuatl speakers who amongst themselves have a bunch of dialects that theirs is right and all the others suck, you got Pocho-wannabees staring at their phones and saying weird English stuff like "Thanks God!" or "I must to go!", you got your Frenchies and Spaniards and Lebanese Arabs (called Turcos for clarity) and every nation of East Asia referred to as Chinos. You got your old-school Catholic, your atheist, your Jew, your crypto-Jew, your college kid thanking Tlaloc for rain, your Pentacostal speaking in tongues, and 3 or 4 Mormons. You got blond Mennonites selling cheese in the middle of the intersection speaking the most back-road Spanish you ever heard. The Mennonites, not the cheese.

Tell me more about the Chilango Mexico City crypto-commie Buddy-Holly-glasses-wearing UNAM profesora...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I understand your examples but Cruz would face the question that if he can’t even win Texas as a gop senator why should the gop trust him to win the country?  He’s done if he loses next month.  Perhaps he might challenge cornyn in the next gop primary. Wouldn’t that be fun. 

Massive voter fraud and Chinese hacking.  GOP will easily make excuses for it.

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

How are early voting totals reported for large counties like Harris?  Do they report at the overall county level, the 46 early voting locations, or actually votes based on voter's precinct? 

They will post at the end of each day, the # of ballots cast at each EV location. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45934658

"Sniveling coward" and 'maniac" team up.

The staid BBC, ladies and gentlemen.

This is why this rally is a little bizzare and tells me Cruz feels at risk of losing. It's going to remind everyone of what him and Trump said about each other, that Trump never apologized, and that Cruz is a pussy. They must be desperate to rally the base if they're willing to take on that risk.

2 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

This is when it gets super fun/interesting. It's like talking about the draft for months and then finally draft day (er...weeks) is upon us and we get to see what all the pundits were saying and predictions and results, etc.

I've come around to finding political theatre/arena to be pretty entertaining. I've always wondered what the appeal was, but this stuff is better than any soap opera

You can even watch old videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jtNd8BRYWE

9 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

This is why this rally is a little bizzare and tells me Cruz feels at risk of losing. It's going to remind everyone of what him and Trump said about each other, that Trump never apologized, and that Cruz is a pussy. They must be desperate to rally the base if they're willing to take on that risk.

And on the news this morning on the way to vote, all I heard from the R pundits was "That's all water long under the bridge.  They've put this aside ages ago."  Yeah right.  

12 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45934658

I am beginning to see a lot more coming out about Cruz now.  Moreso from other sources, than from Beto.   It's like the rest of the world is beating down Cruz with evidence while Beto stays pretty much above the fray, continuing to fight to support ALL of Texas.  Pledging to do what a senator should be doing, and not just using the title to run for higher office

Trump stepping up for Cruz, and the MSM having issues with both of them becomes a perfect storm to rain down on Cruz.   It is refreshing to see some of this finally coming out, and I doubt we have seen the last of it.  Trump is at best going to be a zero sum outcome for Cruz. 

24 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Watching channel 2 last night, not one person they interviewed mentioned Cruz on why they were lining up early to get in. Every response was "I'm here to see Donald" or "I'm here to support Trump/My President". I hope come Nov 6th Cruz is drowning in his tears when he loses. I'll be honest. I haven't voted in some time, but Beto has put a fire under my ass to do so, and I will for him. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Am I the only one who has concerns about the completely electronic aspect of early voting?  No physical record of the vote, no paper ballot, etc.

i am concerned about all of it. I have never felt more concerned about  electoral electonic highjinks from outside forces than I do now.

It appears our government has done next to nothing since learning of attempts in 2016. Mr. Trump likes sowing doubts, so he doesn't give two shits.

This will be a turnout election of NON-traditional voters turning out if Beto is going to get past Lyin'Ted Cruz.  If you used the model of the Trump election where sign visability was a reflection of voter enthusiasm then Beto has a hell of a chance.  Around NW Austin "Michael McCaul's district" I see about a 20+ to 1 Beto yard sign advantage.  I would think that actually paying for a sign is an indication of voter intensity.  

Not that the Cruz campaign isn't trying to win this sign war. Beto signs actually cost money, Cruz had two different people on Duval between 183 and Loop 1 giving away FREE Cruz signs this weekend. So if you want to put a Cruz sign without any contribution to the Cruz campaign to show your loyalty to Ted you can indeed get them for free in Austin!

Edited by horn4life

Trump's rally in Houston for Cruz is a great opportunity for the Beto Campaign to hammer home what a hypocrites Cruz and Trump are.

And seriously, Trump has never publically apologized for inferring his Cruz's dad was involved in the Kennedy assassination. Never apologized for commenting on his wife's looks?

11 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Trump's rally in Houston for Cruz is a great opportunity for the Beto Campaign to hammer home what a hypocrites Cruz and Trump are.

And seriously, Trump has never publically apologized for inferring his Cruz's dad was involved in the Kennedy assassination. Never apologized for commenting on his wife's looks?

Trump has never apologized for anything, ever. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Some new ads.  The first one is on attendance.   The second one is on medicaid and SS.  I can't figure how to link directly to the second one.  But if you click on the twitter feed, it will show up under this one, along with some good commentary.

Beto moves like a bobble head doll when he talks.  These erratic movements makes him seem nervous even though he probably is not.  

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Am I the only one who has concerns about the completely electronic aspect of early voting?  No physical record of the vote, no paper ballot, etc.

You are right to be concerned about how vulnerable our election infrastructure is. Hell, at defcon last year literal children were hacking the machines. Many of them store data on a fucking unencrypted SD card behind a shitty wafer lock. I can link you some defcon talks if you'd like to really be scared lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Yeah, well, Ted eats boogers. Advantage Beto.

Cruz has all sorts of flaws, but he is the republican incumbent in Texas so he has a wide margin of error.  Beto needs to be just about perfect to pull this off and he needs to improve if he has higher aspirations.  Imagine if Obama bounced around like that when he talked.  

7 minutes ago, Dropout said:

Probably more concerned with actual issues idk.

Not to thread shit, but if people were concerned with actual issues,  Kim Olson would be packing her boxes to move into her new office in Austin. Alas, Jesus Shot boy will be reelected because R.

4 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I never predict election outcomes. It is nice to feel that some of the candidates I like, such as Beto, have a shot. It's sort of like this football season for Longhorns; hey, waddaya know, we can string together victories! It makes the season so much more fun.

I know you're a suspected troll, but I'll still address your posts individually. We fall into grudges too easily here in the Cloak Room. Ignoring is so much easier on the soul.

2 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

No. Going "modern" with paperless polling was a giant step on the road to becoming a banana republic. Diebold brought scandal that has long been pushed back to old news. W may have been re-elected based on false counts in predominantly Dem Ohio areas.

Not enough people care. I would throw all of my political efforts behind a campaign reform party. It could be non-traditional-partisan with the limited aim of reforming our system from money to ballot casting then dissolve into partisan politics again. GOPs, Dems, Independents, Libertarians could run as reform candidates pledging to make certain changes.

But I'm a naive dreamer. Trump may as well be named Somoza or Trujillo.

5 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I cannot vote until next week. Damn polling stations do not open until 8 am all of this week. Doesn't everyone have to be at work before then? 

I cannot vote until next week. Damn polling stations do not open until 8 am all of this week. Doesn't everyone have to be at work before then? 

I haven't had a job with an official "start" time since college 20+ years ago, same goes for many people I've known since graduation... so no, everyone doesn't have to be at work by 8am.

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

And on the news this morning on the way to vote, all I heard from the R pundits was "That's all water long under the bridge.  They've put this aside ages ago."  Yeah right.  

As though that's to Cruz' credit. 

"He called you a cunt, spit in your face then grabbed your wife's pussy."

"It was a long time ago. We're cool."

"Did you do anything about it?"

"I withheld my support for a few weeks, then capitulated like a weakling. It's all good."

160106170812-trump-birther-question-cruz

Okay. I'll suck it. Mr. President.Sir. But I draw the line at tossing salad.

Ladies and gentleman, I give you an at-large representative of the State of Texas. Our face to the world. Who we supposedly are.

The guys in the back of the below are asking, "was it worth it?"

The_Alamo_Monument,_San_Antonio,_Texas.j

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Tell me more about the Chilango Mexico City crypto-commie Buddy-Holly-glasses-wearing UNAM profesora...

She probably trends softball but if you sufficiently wow her, she may try a pick-up game in some other sport. If you are white, read up on the San Patricio battalion from the Mexican-American War and then come up with some outrageous lie that you are either descended from one of them, or at least are in Mexico to study them, and, gazing into her eyes, explain how you suddenly realize why they fought for the Mexican people. Ask her to tell you of the struggle. Then ask her where you can get real tequila without so many tourists around. Ask her where you can hear "trova" music (it's folky. college chicks dig it.) Have fun.

Depending on how much fun you have, she will stalk you and show up again, even if you cross an international border.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

My wife waited an hour in line this afternoon. It was the same for me this morning. As a former precinct chairman, I have never seen turnout even close to this. The people are fired up.

• Like 1