Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

36 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

“This video is unavailable.” 

Ok, who violated FAIR USE?

Damn, I didn’t get to test my pain tolerance. 

(And does Lyin’ Ted always wear cowboy boots with a suit? Is that how he proves his Texan bonafides?)

Still works for me, unfortunately. Actually made it to 1:35, but only because I passed out about 30 seconds in and came to about a minute later. I think my body was employing some sort of defense mechanism.

3 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Anyone who says they can get through the first 30 seconds of this video without laughing is a baldfaced liar.

Beto needs to plaster this video all over the airwaves. No commentary or anything. Just pony up for six minutes of ad time during Cowboys, Texans, and B12 games (not aggy they are a lost cause) for weeks leading up to November. He will win by double digits.

I think the Dems should dump billions into Beto...
He's your Wendi Davis...if Davis had no name recognition or national hype.  
I've never understood the Cruz hate.  In a profession where most are just flat out liars with no rudder, Cruz is pretty damn consistent about who he is and what he'll do. 
Not perfect...but he bats way above the average in DC.  The fact that he's not liked by most of the swamp critters tells me he's doing the Lords work.  If I went to DC for 2+ years and spent most of my time with our elected officials, and at the end of that time they didn't hate me...I think I'd shoot myself.  
Well Cruz likes to shut down the government for one

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, triplelonghorn said:

Which half? Let me guess: the stuff you think only lazy blacks benefit from.

I appreciate that you somehow made it racial...but for the record I think there are a ton of people from all races that are abusing Gov benefits. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Two Beto signs on my street in Katy. No Cruz.

Oh shit!!  It's over!!! 

There are several in our hood as well.  We also had about the same number of Abortion Barbie signs up...and we know how that ended. 

I don't have a Cruz sign up...because I don't want any crazy ass leftists or their dip shit kids fucking with my house. 

Plus I live in a culdesac and I know my neighbors well enough to know we're all right thinking adults.  We just give each other the Norris to acknowledge we're on board. 

https://media.giphy.com/media/2dJ5Iait4QrW8/giphy.gif

Edited by XR4ticlone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 8

21 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

I will see you that ton of people and raise you two tons of corporations. 

Look, I'm all for getting the Gov out of picking winners and losers.  The tax code is a big part of that happy horse shit.

But 'corporate welfare' is a misnomer.  It's tax deductions the Gov is giving for companies to jump through their hoops...like spending money on depreciable assets for example.  It's another practice that I disagree with because it's wasteful and encourages business to make poor investments by incentivizing those bad choices with tax deductions.  

I've done it in my non corporation business structure and inside one of my corps as well..  I know many others that have too.  When your choice is buy a $45k pickup or piece of equipment or pay $15k + in taxes...it's easy to just go buy a new truck or tractor at a 'discounted cost' and tell Uncle Sam 'I'll catch you next time'.  Many of my customers did it with borrowed money...which isn't a great plan.  You build up debt to avoid taxes.  Iowa farmers are some of the worst when it comes to this practice.  My running joke is 'If you ask the average Iowa farmer if they'd rather have AIDS or pay taxes...they'll take AIDS 99% of the time.  They know people that have lived with AIDS...they don't know anyone that's survived paying taxes!"  

But the argument is that these programs produce sales, GDP, and jobs...and it's avoiding taxes that were due...not the Gov paying out 'taxes' beyond what was owed...like the "Earned Income Credit" or the endless other bull shit programs the Gov is involved in financing. 

A buddy has a young mechanic working for him that is making $40 an hour in the oil field.  He knocked up his girlfriend about 8 months ago, but they have no desire to get married because she 'can get all kinds of free money, health care, and school tuition as a single mother...so we're doing that'.   That's fucking bullshit. And it goes on all the time.  

We have a Gov that is ripe for defrauding.  Hell, a lot of it is set up that way for exactly that reason.  And yes, it happens at all income levels, all tax levels, with all races, creeds, and colors.  But it shouldn't.  It's an insult to everyone that goes to work every day, pays their bills, and lives within their means.  

• Fuck You 5

26 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

Look, I'm all for getting the Gov out of picking winners and losers.  The tax code is a big part of that happy horse shit.

But 'corporate welfare' is a misnomer.  It's tax deductions the Gov is giving for companies to jump through their hoops...like spending money on depreciable assets for example.  It's another practice that I disagree with because it's wasteful and encourages business to make poor investments by incentivizing those bad choices with tax deductions.  

I've done it in my non corporation business structure and inside one of my corps as well..  I know many others that have too.  When your choice is buy a $45k pickup or piece of equipment or pay $15k + in taxes...it's easy to just go buy a new truck or tractor at a 'discounted cost' and tell Uncle Sam 'I'll catch you next time'.  Many of my customers did it with borrowed money...which isn't a great plan.  You build up debt to avoid taxes.  Iowa farmers are some of the worst when it comes to this practice.  My running joke is 'If you ask the average Iowa farmer if they'd rather have AIDS or pay taxes...they'll take AIDS 99% of the time.  They know people that have lived with AIDS...they don't know anyone that's survived paying taxes!"  

But the argument is that these programs produce sales, GDP, and jobs...and it's avoiding taxes that were due...not the Gov paying out 'taxes' beyond what was owed...like the "Earned Income Credit" or the endless other bull shit programs the Gov is involved in financing. 

A buddy has a young mechanic working for him that is making $40 an hour in the oil field.  He knocked up his girlfriend about 8 months ago, but they have no desire to get married because she 'can get all kinds of free money, health care, and school tuition as a single mother...so we're doing that'.   That's fucking bullshit. And it goes on all the time.  

We have a Gov that is ripe for defrauding.  Hell, a lot of it is set up that way for exactly that reason.  And yes, it happens at all income levels, all tax levels, with all races, creeds, and colors.  But it shouldn't.  It's an insult to everyone that goes to work every day, pays their bills, and lives within their means.  

So by $ wise, who would you start with first.  Not by race, but who is scamming the most part n terms of money, in your mind. 

51 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

You are talking about an extremely small minority of people who receive government assistance. The vast majority of people receiving assistance actually need it. In America. The greatest country in the history of ever.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

51 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

So by $ wise, who would you start with first.  Not by race, but who is scamming the most part n terms of money, in your mind

You start with abled body people that won't or don't want to work.  How can you expect others to pay for them?  What do you or I as tax payers owe them?

And frankly, if you feel you owe them...by all means give them money from your accounts to be irresponsible burdens.  

Corps and businesses produce something of value.  They make things, provide jobs.  But it would still be better without Gov manipulation.  

If you want to end 'corporate welfare' then we have to reduce taxes and eliminate deductions.  I'm all for a flat tax on corps and individuals.  Easy to file, easy to monitor, allows business and people to manage their affairs without the impact of the Gov deforming economic reality.  

• Fuck You 4

21 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

You start with abled body people that won't or don't want to work.  How can you expect others to pay for them?  What do you or I as tax payers owe them?

And frankly, if you feel you owe them...by all means give them money from your accounts to be irresponsible burdens.  

Corps and businesses produce something of value.  They make things, provide jobs.  But it would still be better without Gov manipulation.  

If you want to end 'corporate welfare' then we have to reduce taxes and eliminate deductions.  I'm all for a flat tax on corps and individuals.  Easy to file, easy to monitor, allows business and people to manage their affairs without the impact of the Gov deforming economic reality.  

What programs do these people qualify for?

42 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You are talking about an extremely small minority of people who receive government assistance. The vast majority of people receiving assistance actually need it. In America. The greatest country in the history of ever. 

Bull shit.  There is endless abuse of the system...some are more flagrant than others.  

"Need" is a misnomer.  We've graded on the curve for so long that we've confused want with need.  

People used to live with out A/C.  People used to live without phones.  People used to live without TV or endless other luxuries we now have.

If people really want these things...and just like myself, I'm sure they do...they can do what I do for them.  Go to fucking work.  Save their money. 

The hard truth is that if you provide people with the ability to avoid the consequences of their decisions...there is no limit to the number of horrific decisions they will make.

That's true of children, adults, whites, blacks, individuals of all colors and creeds,, corporations, Government employees, National Banks, and even me. 

And there is no justice in burdening the responsible left among us with the costs of the seemingly endless irresponsible.  

BTW...America is the greatest country ever...if you think there are better, by all means feel free to go live there.  I promise...we won't miss you, we've got an endless supply of dip shits these days, it'll be like you never left. 

• Fuck You 6

23 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

Bull shit.  There is endless abuse of the system...some are more flagrant than others.  

"Need" is a misnomer.  We've graded on the curve for so long that we've confused want with need.  

People used to live with out A/C.  People used to live without phones.  People used to live without TV or endless other luxuries we now have.

If people really want these things...and just like myself, I'm sure they do...they can do what I do for them.  Go to fucking work.  Save their money. 

The hard truth is that if you provide people with the ability to avoid the consequences of their decisions...there is no limit to the number of horrific decisions they will make.

That's true of children, adults, whites, blacks, individuals of all colors and creeds,, corporations, Government employees, National Banks, and even me. 

And there is no justice in burdening the responsible left among us with the costs of the seemingly endless irresponsible.  

BTW...America is the greatest country ever...if you think there are better, by all means feel free to go live there.  I promise...we won't miss you, we've got an endless supply of dip shits these days, it'll be like you never left. 

Who was the last President to actually address this issue?

31 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

You're wrong.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

29 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

What programs do these people qualify for? 

I'm not spending my life playing reindeer games with you.   I can't give you an all inclusive list because frankly I've never been on them, and I don't have the time or inclination to research them all.  Nor would it matter because you'd deny it anyway.  

But for starters, let's throw disability out there.  I'm aware of several people on disability out there working for cash at physically demanding jobs on the side.  One of my customers has a truck driver that falls into this category.  I told him he should turn the SOB in..."I can't...I can't find a truck driver otherwise" and frankly he's right.  Every one of my customers and everyone I know in the trucking industry is short drivers.  

They know that if they search hard enough they'll find a Dr that will give them disability...and if they push the Gov will cave.

I have rental properties and my partner at the time decided to HUD the damn things (worst decision ever) to fill them up.  These properties are S of San Antonio and I ended up meeting with the ladies at the HUD office there.  Hell, they know what a joke the program is.  Their office is in an apartment complex that is HUD.  They pointed at the different places and gave me a run down of everyone of the worst offenders.  That was the issue with renting to HUD...unlike SA or Austin, these women watched the papers and police blotters like a hawk.  Every time a renter got arrested or pissed hot they'd drum them out of the system as it's written.  That doesn't happen in big cities.  We turned 6-8 units that way...and when it happens it's a bitch because the Gov stops funding and then it's you vs deadbeat HUD recipient.  

I understand that you don't give a shit about my money...but I do.  It's what puts a roof over me and my family.  It's what pays for the food and clothes for my kids...and hopefully allows me one day to quit working and enjoy some retirement.  

Look, if you want to be a generous bleeding heart...I think that's fantastic.  But don't tell me how fucking generous you are with my money & the money of tax payers....show me with YOUR money.  Otherwise take your self righteous bull shit and shove it up your collective asses.  I award you no points, as you're nothing more than a thief.

• Fuck You 6

19 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

I'm not spending my life playing reindeer games with you.   I can't give you an all inclusive list because frankly I've never been on them, and I don't have the time or inclination to research them all.  Nor would it matter because you'd deny it anyway.  

But for starters, let's throw disability out there.  I'm aware of several people on disability out there working for cash at physically demanding jobs on the side.  One of my customers has a truck driver that falls into this category.  I told him he should turn the SOB in..."I can't...I can't find a truck driver otherwise" and frankly he's right.  Every one of my customers and everyone I know in the trucking industry is short drivers.  

They know that if they search hard enough they'll find a Dr that will give them disability...and if they push the Gov will cave.

I have rental properties and my partner at the time decided to HUD the damn things (worst decision ever) to fill them up.  These properties are S of San Antonio and I ended up meeting with the ladies at the HUD office there.  Hell, they know what a joke the program is.  Their office is in an apartment complex that is HUD.  They pointed at the different places and gave me a run down of everyone of the worst offenders.  That was the issue with renting to HUD...unlike SA or Austin, these women watched the papers and police blotters like a hawk.  Every time a renter got arrested or pissed hot they'd drum them out of the system as it's written.  That doesn't happen in big cities.  We turned 6-8 units that way...and when it happens it's a bitch because the Gov stops funding and then it's you vs deadbeat HUD recipient.  

I understand that you don't give a shit about my money...but I do.  It's what puts a roof over me and my family.  It's what pays for the food and clothes for my kids...and hopefully allows me one day to quit working and enjoy some retirement.  

Look, if you want to be a generous bleeding heart...I think that's fantastic.  But don't tell me how fucking generous you are with my money & the money of tax payers....show me with YOUR money.  Otherwise take your self righteous bull shit and shove it up your collective asses.  I award you no points, as you're nothing more than a thief.

Cry about it.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

33 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Who was the last President to actually address this issue?

Clinton...when he was held to the fire by Newt and the GOP.

FTR, I agree the swamp is 100% about appeasement and fixing nothing.  The Bush's were shit for conservatism...mainly because they aren't conservatives.  GWB didn't do anything to fix anything...he made it worse with his unfunded drug plan.  

The only reason anything happened under Clinton is because he did bend and the GOP did everything they could to derail him.

Under Obama, a-holes in GOP leadership bent over backwards out of fear of being called racists.  Under Bush everyone was happy to pile on the gravy train.

It's one of my issues with Trump...his budget.  

Frankly it really doesn't matter anyway.  We're broke...it's just a matter of admitting it.  Going broke isn't the end of the world...the bigger problem is we'll still have a bunch of unambitious, lazy asses who are also irresponsible.  

• Fuck You 3

2 hours ago, XR4ticlone said:

Clinton...when he was held to the fire by Newt and the GOP.

FTR, I agree the swamp is 100% about appeasement and fixing nothing.  The Bush's were shit for conservatism...mainly because they aren't conservatives.  GWB didn't do anything to fix anything...he made it worse with his unfunded drug plan.  

The only reason anything happened under Clinton is because he did bend and the GOP did everything they could to derail him.

Under Obama, a-holes in GOP leadership bent over backwards out of fear of being called racists.  Under Bush everyone was happy to pile on the gravy train.

It's one of my issues with Trump...his budget.  

Frankly it really doesn't matter anyway.  We're broke...it's just a matter of admitting it.  Going broke isn't the end of the world...the bigger problem is we'll still have a bunch of unambitious, lazy asses who are also irresponsible.  

You seem somewhat sensible in that reply, despite the fact that Clinton ran on welfare reform, but yes (shocking considering our current state of affairs) there was debates and pushing from the GOP to actually get welfare reform done.  At the end of the day a D President ran on welfare reform and with the force of a GOP Congress it got done.  Does that not give you pause to all the bullshit you post about the Democrats (and the evil Clintons) all being some wealfare loving cabal?

• Like 1

Xr4. I do not think anyone in here would argue there is no abuse of social assistance programs. There are certainly people that misuse the system and no one here would argue that someone who clearly doesn't meet the criteria for assistance-- like your disabled abled body truck driver -- should receive it. The thing is, the vast majority of those receiving assistance do need it, and it would be impossible to make the assistance available to those who deserve it without a limited number of abuse cases.

The problem with your worldview is you see the exceptions and assume it's the norm. There's a way to avoid this error called research and statistics, but you admitted above that you've chosen not to do that. I'm glad your life has worked out where you have the opportunity to work hard to own a HUD building. But things don't go that way for everyone, and we've made a decision as a wealthy society to attempt create a floor on standard of living. And yes that floor in the 21st century includes a/c and a phone. Oh, the horror.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, RPM said:

Meanwhile, back to the subject of the thread...

Hey look, it's Beto being Beto and Ted Cruz being disingenuous and/or stupid (my money is on heavily disingenuous rather than mostly stupid).

Minor tiny smallest violin in the world little apology to xrt - I guess you may live in Texas, in which case the amount that I want you to fuck off out of this thread is diminished somewhat.