Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

8 hours ago, horncyclist said:

Xr4. I do not think anyone in here would argue there is no abuse of social assistance programs. There are certainly people that misuse the system and no one here would argue that someone who clearly doesn't meet the criteria for assistance-- like your disabled abled body truck driver -- should receive it. The thing is, the vast majority of those receiving assistance do need it, and it would be impossible to make the assistance available to those who deserve it without a limited number of abuse cases.

The problem with your worldview is you see the exceptions and assume it's the norm. There's a way to avoid this error called research and statistics, but you admitted above that you've chosen not to do that. I'm glad your life has worked out where you have the opportunity to work hard to own a HUD building. But things don't go that way for everyone, and we've made a decision as a wealthy society to attempt create a floor on standard of living. And yes that floor in the 21st century includes a/c and a phone. Oh, the horror.

Look, I'm not saying there are not people who need help either.  I'm saying massive, centrally planned Gov programs are ripe with fraud ad abuse. 

I found this excerpt that I think sums it up nicely...

Excerpted from Jim Quinn's The Burning Platform blog,

The number of people on SSDI now exceeds the entire population of Greece. The aging of the population has nothing to do with the increase. In 1968 there were 51 workers for every person on disability. Today there are 13 workers for every person on disability. Even the most Pollyanna would agree that medical advancements since 1968 have been significant. These medical advancements would argue for less people being on disability and unable to work. Workplace safety measures have been increased exponentially since 1968, so that also argues for less disabled workers. The good old ADA law forced all workplaces to become disabled friendly. That argues for less people on disability. The country has transitioned from a manufacturing society to a service society. Workers don’t work on dangerous assembly lines anymore. Robots do the dangerous stuff. This should have dramatically reduced worker injuries and disabilities.

Everything I’ve pointed out is true. The tremendous increase in people on SSDI is nothing but a gigantic fraud, perpetuated by the Federal government and slimy lawyers. The government broadened the scope of disabilities to include stress, depression, and non-diagnosable things like aches and pains.

Sadly, we also cannot ignore the outright fraud that is military disability.  I deal with endless numbers of veterans in the construction field, as do my customers.  The number of former military that aren't on some form of disability is about 10%.  This greatly pains me as I respect those who have served our nation, but it's out of hand.  About 1/4 cars in SA have disabled vet plates.  

One of the guys I worked with had full disability and worked in our parts department.  Part of that job's requirements was picking up 50 pounds (which he did almost daily).  When we asked about his service and his injury we found out he was Navy reserve and had fallen off a scaffolding painting a building in Corpus.  Who knows if he's still getting it or not...he was caught automating AR15's and selling them out of the dealership about 3 years ago.  

But the bigger point...he's doing a job that you can't do if you were really disabled.  

You can't pretend that the situation with the well paid mechanic not getting married for Gov benefits is an anomaly...it's not.  That's why we have the explosion of single parent homes.  

Single%20parent%20Households.gif

We're giving disability to all types of things today.  Things that many people go to work with every single day.  AT SOME POINT...DO WE HAVE ANY SYMPATHY FOR THOSE WHO GO TO WORK EVERY DAY AND PAY HARD EARNED MONEY FOR THOSE WHO WON'T?   ONCE AGAIN...THIS IS PEOPLE'S RENT MONEY, THE MONEY THEY USE TO RAISE THEIR KIDS.  THE MONEY THAT 90% OF AMERICANS NEED TO SAVE FOR THEIR RETIREMENT.  IT'S NOT JUST BILL GATES & WARREN BUFFET THAT WE'RE TAKING MONEY FROM...WE'RE TAKING MONEY FROM HARD WORKING AMERICANS.  If you don't find that repulsive...then I don't know what else to say.  I guess I know too many hard working people that could use that money for themselves and their families. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

Hey look, it's Beto being Beto and Ted Cruz being disingenuous and/or stupid (my money is on heavily disingenuous rather than mostly stupid).

Minor tiny smallest violin in the world little apology to xrt - I guess you may live in Texas, in which case the amount that I want you to fuck off out of this thread is diminished somewhat

Yes I live in Texas.  I have for 12 of the past 14 years. 

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

To get this thread back on track, I’m sending Beto $25 more (lol poor here) today. Who is coming with me?

Hell, I live up in Okie land and i'm in for $25.....thinking about one of those sweet ass vintage Beto t-shirts also. Live is cheap up on the Canadian....

• Like 2

He's speaking in McAllen right now.  The "punk rock" aspect/ethos of his campaign has been brought up before, but it really is crazy how true that is in a real way about what he's doing right now.  He's on tour.  You can hear the wear on his voice.  I know that even if he's well funded at this point, it's tiring to get on stage/get in the truck/go to the event/get in the truck/eat a taco/get in the truck.  Fuckin awesome.

36 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Cruz's platform is purely fear based.  Keep Texas red?  Don't let them libruhls and their commie lovin' ways take over the world!  Beto is actually trying to bring people together.  Cruz has nothing but fear mongering and pandering.

Cambridge Analytica AstroTurf tactics for Ted.

Grassroots organic for Beto. 

It’s like a race for the soul of Texas.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Cambridge Analytica AstroTurf tactics for Ted.

Grassroots organic for Beto. 

It’s like a race for the soul of Texas.

Unfortunately im afraid that we are reminded again that texas is politically soulless

24 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I do like what little I know about Ted Cruz. Not sure how that makes one a cuck. I just find the generalized stereotype of Beto fans (what I’ve seen here at least, manlet incel looking guys with alt-country tastes and middle aged women with crushes on a good looking peer/contemporary) to be funny and I’m curious how real the wave is...and that it would be funny if he got smashed, however unlikely.

You know very little about Cruz but what you do know you like? You do realize you just outed yourself as a troll right?

21 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

You know very little about Cruz but what you do know you like? You do realize you just outed yourself as a troll right?

Everything about that wasn’t a troll. Hit all the buzzwords. Pure stupidity. 

Edited by Js1

I do like what little I know about Ted Cruz. Not sure how that makes one a cuck. I just find the generalized stereotype of Beto fans (what I’ve seen here at least, manlet incel looking guys with alt-country tastes and middle aged women with crushes on a good looking peer/contemporary) to be funny and I’m curious how real the wave is...and that it would be funny if he got smashed, however unlikely.

You believe in the alpha/beta. Even the guy who came up with that description tried to retract it, because it was wrong and idiots loved to repeat it.

Let me be direct, you believe in shit that isn’t real, has no basis in fact, is repeated by fools, but makes sense cause you are stupid.
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Do you like what you know about Trump?

7 hours ago, Kilgorehorn said:

Yeah Ted, you useless waste of space kneeling football players are out number 1 problem.

Constitutionalist Ted Cruz blasts Beto for supporting first amendment right to free speech. 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

You just explained the Cruz support. 

No...Cruz is a dependable conservative vote in the US Senate.  

I don't always agree with Cruz...but I know the last thing DC needs is another fraudulent leftist.  

To all my little leftist buddies here, like Huckleberry, who love to 'neg' my posts...please know that a single fuck is given.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 12

As Bozo stated, there is real strategic value to Beto based on him putting Texas in play. Making conservatives spend money, people, and time on a Texas senate race only hurts republicans elsewhere. The bigger picture is that turning Texas purple means the same for presidential races. Even if Texas continues to end up in the republican column, making the Republican candidate fight it out and spend money/time here is a game changer. There are four major cities and expensive media markets to juggle. Of course, if Texas flips, there is no way to make the electoral college work other than blue.

All of that is why there is so much more at stake in this election than a senate seat. It’s not as much to see if Beto will win as it’s to see if it’s possible for Texas to be purple in the near future and start the domino effect. I’ll be bummed if Cruz wins by 1 or 2, but I will also know that we are close. Real close. The first domino will have fallen and the rest are inevitable.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Please tell me you don’t claim Texan heritage. Cruz got deep dicked on his parents and wife but phone banked for trump?! No real man does that, let alone a Texan. Fucking yankee bitch

• Like 1

Saw a little outbreak of Cruz signs in the Houston Heights -- a cluster of old houses that have not yet been torn down and replaced with McMansions. Hundreds of those McMansions have Beto signs, but I suspect a pretty high number of those that do not are belong to Cruz fans. Or people who will vote for him, anyway. I only know one Cruz fan and she's a weird chick who's on the spectrum, as you can see after about two minutes of talking to her. Everyone else who plans to vote for him is only doing so because of the R. 

I had lunch with a good friend of mine who seemed like he was on the fence...UT Law, smart guy, Ted is so principled, he said. And he will destroy Beto in a debate. I objected politely and we changed the subject and continued eating a shitty Tex-Mex meal we'd driven all the way to Pasadena to get. (We have a sort of lunch club, and it had been recommended to us highly, but I am here to tell you, the Don'Key is overrated.)

No...Cruz is a dependable conservative vote in the US Senate.

No, he isn’t even that. Why don’t you go look and see what percentage of votes he has missed vs Beto.

Cruz has missed over 13% of votes since 2013. The median in the senate is 1.4%.

Over that time span O’Rourke has missed 2.9%. The median in the house (which has many more votes) is 2.4%.

Don’t be a sucker. The whole presentation of Ted Cruz as some kind of reliable conservative is hogwash. He’s MIA.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1