Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

1 minute ago, tantric superman said:

Fuck your own face, Vince.

Sorry, Beto aint winning. Just like Wendy Davis, the last liberal star of Texas, he will be swiftly defeated by a margin much bigger than what was projected. This reminds me of the Hillary sunshine pumpers talking all about how Texas was gonna be a battleground. Didnt work out too well. How do you think it is gonna ago with an incumbent senator that crushed Trump in Texas? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

Sorry, Beto aint winning. Just like Wendy Davis, the last liberal star of Texas, he will be swiftly defeated by a margin much bigger than what was projected. This reminds me of the Hillary sunshine pumpers talking all about how Texas was gonna be a battleground. Didnt work out too well. How do you think it is gonna ago with an incumbent senator that crushed Trump in Texas? 

You’re an embarrassing trumpkin and no one gives a shit what you have to say about anything 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

You know, when Texas flips, there's no going back. So enjoy it while you can. Blue Texas is closer than you think.

9 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

He’s nothing like Wendy Davis.  D’s trying to take advantage of the “changing demographics” of Texas (code for increased Latino pop). So they put up a blue eyed blonde known for solely for her abortion stance. That’s as out of touch as you can get. Now it is a young guy from a border city that offers to debate on Spanish.  

3 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

He’s nothing like Wendy Davis.  D’s trying to take advantage of the “changing demographics” of Texas (code for increased Latino pop). So they put up a blue eyed blonde known for solely for her abortion stance. That’s as out of touch as you can get. Now it is a young guy from a border city that offers to debate on Spanish.  

With a Canadian poser carpet bagging booger eater who happened to have the name Cruz.  If Ted ever had to debate in an Hispanic forum, he would lose his shit.   

This is something you may want to reconsider. Trump only beat da Hildabeast by 9 points. Here's a nice visual to help you understand how precarious the Republican lead is in this state, especially the burbs around Austin and Dallas. Fort Bend already made the switch.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File%3AUnited_States_presidential_election_in_Texas%2C_2016.svg
  • Like 1

Every time he talks he reminds me of why he is the only politician I’ve ever given money to.

I’ve been saying for two decades that donating money to Democrats in statewide races was a bad investment. I’m giving Beto the max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t give a shit. Cruz is going to work his ass off to keep his job and it will be the first day’s work he’s ever put in as a Senator for this state. Even if he wins he’ll develop an appreciation for what it takes and expend time and treasure doing it, and he’s already on the hook in ways he never was before.

Beto is playing with house money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bolverk said:

This is something you may want to reconsider. Trump only beat da Hildabeast by 9 points.

If Democrats had run a less decisive candidate it may have been only 5 points, maybe less. And Beto is more likeable than those possibilities.

I Remember when Trump insulted Cruz’ wife’s looks.  Accused his dad of Plotting to kill JFK.  And then Cruz stood up to Trump . . . By working the phone banks instead of a punch in the got damn nose.  By very definition, the dude is not a Texan yet so many “Texans” I know are so mezmarized by the (R) by his name that they give him an unforgivable pass that they would not give to their friends (buds, family church friends).  

He came to power during a Tea Party wave, but has ballooned his precious deficit and got caught jerking it to the Devil’s temptations (it he only time I saw him as a human).  Otherwise, his only impact in DC has been to create division (shut down non-compromising unless phone banking ), run for a different office in his first term and become known as “that Texan asshole” in the legislative branch and across the nation.  We have some issues, and don’t need this shit. 

People come it of the woodwork to sayTexas would never go (D) in a statewide race have short memories: LBJ, Lloyd Bentsen, Ann Richards and the like ran the politics in this party for a long run.  I can easily see it happen again with a split GOP in the state (real conservatives vs Danny’ tranny bathroom warrirors).  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Very informative graphic 

Agreed. Beto needs to really start working Ft. Worth, Plano, Wilco, Killeen/Temple, San Marcos, Corpus, and Beaumont/Pt. Arthur.

If he flips a couple of those, holds and gets turn out in the big cities, and limits the damage in rural Texas with his townhalls, he's got more than a fighter's chance.

If I were him, I'd be focusing on Dallas and Austin suburbs as well as South Texas (including Corpus). That's where his best chances to pick up votes are.

57 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Agreed. Beto needs to really start working Ft. Worth, Plano, Wilco, Killeen/Temple, San Marcos, Corpus, and Beaumont/Pt. Arthur.

If he flips a couple of those, holds and gets turn out in the big cities, and limits the damage in rural Texas with his townhalls, he's got more than a fighter's chance.

If I were him, I'd be focusing on Dallas and Austin suburbs as well as South Texas (including Corpus). That's where his best chances to pick up votes are.

I think it is much easier to get a 10 point or more swing in rural counties. Trump won key states in a large part because he got 10 points more in rural areas than Romney. Beto can roll that back particularly with Trump's trade policies hurting farmers. 

Getting a 5+ point swing in urban areas is easier since advertising can be more effective there and they are already swinging his way.

Sure Beto has votes to get in the suburbs, but he needs to be down in the valley rallying folks and speaking Spanish. He needs them excited about voting.  His folks in the suburbs need to early vote and then hit the road south and get every person in those counties to vote.

Not sure what his spin will be with black voters, but they certainly can let him down.

25 minutes ago, RayDog said:

I think it is much easier to get a 10 point or more swing in rural counties. Trump won key states in a large part because he got 10 points more in rural areas than Romney. Beto can roll that back particularly with Trump's trade policies hurting farmers. 

Getting a 5+ point swing in urban areas is easier since advertising can be more effective there and they are already swinging his way.

12 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Sure Beto has votes to get in the suburbs, but he needs to be down in the valley rallying folks and speaking Spanish. He needs them excited about voting.  His folks in the suburbs need to early vote and then hit the road south and get every person in those counties to vote.

Not sure what his spin will be with black voters, but they certainly can let him down.

I'm pretty sure we're echoing one another: hit the 'burbs, mitigate damage in rural areas, and GOTV in South Texas.

13 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Trump will take care of polarizing the black vote once the NFL season starts.

1 hour ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

T7hapGgcHUDRVkFVDzcrbC5wHQzFGBQ7f2QGS5BP

giphy.gif

Seriously, you're fucking stupid. Just stop being stupid and people might like you more.

Like seriously, this is you after your get called out every single time, without fail.

sHt5q.jpg

Edited by TheFlyingBoat

6 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Seriously, you're fucking stupid. Just stop being stupid and people might like you more.

Like seriously, this is you after your get called out every single time, without fail.

sHt5q.jpg

Unhinged argumentums ad hominem, that's all you guys are packing. Maybe that is why you get the responses you do. 

• Fuck You 2

6 hours ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

Unhinged argumentums ad hominem, that's all you guys are packing. Maybe that is why you get the responses you do. 

Post something that deserves more and you'll get more. You know, instead of making drive by shitposts full of staggering stupidity and then acting like a little bitch with a skinned knee when you get piled on.

Edited by Brian Fantana

If Beto O'Rourkes god damn campaign doesn't stop sending me spam text messages I am going to protest vote for that shithead Ted Cruz just out of spite.

I have never had a candidate send unsolicited texts before and I've gotten 3 from his volunteers so far.

On 5/25/2018 at 4:09 PM, TornACL said:

If Beto O'Rourkes god damn campaign doesn't stop sending me spam text messages I am going to protest vote for that shithead Ted Cruz just out of spite.

I have never had a candidate send unsolicited texts before and I've gotten 3 from his volunteers so far.

The struggle is real folks. I echo tantric's thoughts and prayers.

Edited by Blotto

I went to a Beto grassroots organizational meeting in Huntsville this afternoon.  They were expecting 10 and had 50 show up.  It will be interesting to watch the groundswell over the summer play out.

Most hadn't heard or Beto until the last month or so, but all hated Cruz with a passion.

On 5/24/2018 at 5:37 PM, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

Texas cheats at politics. Most gerrymandered bullshit infested undemocratic state in America.

A Mexican would win the governorship if votes were ever ever ever counted fairly in Texas. 

They never will be, because the racist criminal Christians in charge of it would get what they deserve, ie, their comeuppance for being so racist and criminal. That's the source of the massive gerrymandering, a recognition of guilt for actions taken, and a fear for the inevitable lashing they would take if ever ruled by those they have abused.

In fact, Texas would destroy the earth with oil co global warming Armageddon before relinquishing the government to the majority of people in the state.

When the time comes, "you" and they will pay the piper, either way. Remember the flipping Alamo. 911 too. Remember your selfish divisive ugliness. Because your judge and jury will.

Edited by R2D2

On 5/24/2018 at 8:47 PM, Brandywine said:

I’ve been watching Handmaid’s Tale, and it’s todays Conservative party that’s trying to change this country to be like Gilead. Scared the crap out of me. We need Beto now more than ever. This madness has to stop. 

It's really sad that you actually believe this, like the Libs are for more freedom. But when you are getting your clues from Hollywood, I guess I shouldn't expect anything but retarded takes.

6 hours ago, R2D2 said:

Texas cheats at politics. Most gerrymandered bullshit infested undemocratic state in America.

A Mexican would win the governorship if votes were ever ever ever counted fairly in Texas. 

They never will be, because the racist criminal Christians in charge of it would get what they deserve, ie, their comeuppance for being so racist and criminal. That's the source of the massive gerrymandering, a recognition of guilt for actions taken, and a fear for the inevitable lashing they would take if ever ruled by those they have abused.

In fact, Texas would destroy the earth with oil co global warming Armageddon before relinquishing the government to the majority of people in the state.

When the time comes, "you" and they will pay the piper, either way. Remember the flipping Alamo. 911 too. Remember your selfish divisive ugliness. Because your judge and jury will.

Mexicans aren't eligible to be governor of Texas.

Sat in a living room this weekend in The Woodlands with old republicans talking about how they were going to vote for Beto (I mentioned my parents above, and some of their friends).  No yard signs, I'm still not optimistic that he'll pull out a victory, but I think it should at least be an interesting election.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

It's really sad that you actually believe this, like the Libs are for more freedom. But when you are getting your clues from Hollywood, I guess I shouldn't expect anything but retarded takes.

Says a guy who gets his clues from a shitty reality game show host.  

Katy Tur just had a segment on MSNBC about Beto trying to unseat Cruz. Just the effort, charisma, and good looks of Beto is a positive that will help his campaign. I've got my yard sign out and of course they are all over Austin. IMO rural Texas that will decide this race because when they vote 80%+ R they out number the margin of Democratic votes in the urban counties that will vote for Beto.

On May 24, 2018 at 5:09 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

"Yet it seems unlikely that he can overcome the deep structural disadvantage any Democrat has in the state. For all the increase in Democratic intensity that is evident in Texas as it is elsewhere, we still saw about a half–million more Republicans than Democrats vote in the March primary."

This quote from the article is a common refrain, but how many of you had meaningful Democratic Party contests in your local county or district? It was pointless to vote in the Democratic primary just to show support for Beto, when there were likely races up for grabs that mattered.

That won't be an issue in November. Cruz may still win, but O'Rourke will likely get the vote of many of the GOP primary voters who despise Cruz, are hopeful about Beto and want to send a message on Election Day. I think the number of voters in the respective primaries is next to meaningless in the Senate race.

16 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Sick burn dude. How are you going to survive another 4 years of Trump?

How are you gonna survive without cheating. Now you hide behind the bloated ass of a bloated ass about to be charged with bribery etc, later, you will be sent to the prison camps for treason. 

Good riddance.