Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

15 hours ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

I still think Cruz takes this by about 3 points, but I gotta give Beto his due. He has made a race competitive I never thought could actually be competitive. And it's hurting the GOP in other states by having to put money in Texas to win.   

I don't buy into the idea that spending money on a race that should have been a blowout hurts either party these days.  We can't afford schools or decent roads, but political campaigns never have a problem spending money.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I don't buy into the idea that spending money on a race that should have been a blowout hurts either party these days.  We can't afford schools or decent roads, but political campaigns never have a problem spending money.

This fucking right here!   I don't mind the money being spent on talking to people, discussing plans or laying out potential solutions.  But all that money being spent just to smear someone or something else...having no real value beyond spreading fear.  That is weak and pointless. 

Simply saying someone is the answer without putting up credible or logical doesn't wash.   But unfortunately many don't care about facts.   So here we are.

The silicone part is hard to explain, but I guess he was trying to draw a contrast between LA and rugged cowboys.  

The dye job part is a straight up flubbing. He was trying to get you to picture the rabid feminine studies major.  But instead of saying “purple haired” he said “dyed hair”, which is damn near every woman.  F-   

All that money playing catch up (there’s a Whataburger mustard only comment in there somewhere), Beto gonna spend all his warchest on GOTV. Gonna shock Cruz like a mofo. Beto may lose bc of how red the state started but he’s been 5 steps ahead of Cruz from day one. It’s been a beautiful thing to watch.
  • Like 2

The silicone part is hard to explain, but I guess he was trying to draw a contrast between LA and rugged cowboys.  
The dye job part is a straight up flubbing. He was trying to get you to picture the rabid feminine studies major.  But instead of saying “purple haired” he said “dyed hair”, which is damn near every woman.  F-   

Texas cowboys as a majority of Texans are a myth for the most part. But he wouldn’t know that coming from Canada.

9 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Yeah it was dumb Bc Heidi is not a natural blonde... And a vegetarian. She’s probably voting Beto

30 minutes ago, troph said:

Texas cowboys as a majority of Texans are a myth for the most part. But he wouldn’t know that coming from Canada.

Cruz consistently sounds like an elitist non-Texan who thinks Texans are boorish morons.  Probably because he is.   Just like Trump, he loathes his base.  Sadly, they lap it up.   But he's in trouble because there are many R voters outside of his core base that aren't what he thinks they are. 

Edited by Mojo Hand

Can any of y'all who hosted a Beto popup office pm me and give me your thoughts?  I'm interested, but (a) not sure if my place will support the numbers and (b) not sure about inviting a lot of strangers into my hizzy, no matter how great the cause.  I'd welcome participants impressions.  

Interesting that they're calling him Beto in the ad.

Footage of Cruz being held accountable by his constituents and/or listening to them in spanish
x2018-06-03-2.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.Cr8u3DmEro.png
Calling him Beto and letting him speak Spanish. Pretty weak attack ad but what's the story? He can't have screwed people too much as El Paso later decided to send him to Congress for 3 terms.

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Going to be some upset oil money wIves in Texas 

Ted Cruz IS tofu. Seriously, what the heck is tofu? No one knows. I think its science. It's unknowable. The same with Ted Cruz. He is about as definable and knowable as tofu. just a big old bland scientifically unknowable tofu born in Canada who sometimes visits Texas when his tofu ass is forced to do so.