Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Own what, fixing the mess the Democrats made. That's usually what happens.

Keep going.  Keep ignoring the written directive, on DOJ letterhead, from your boy Sessions.

Make sure to tell all your friends, neighbors, etc.  Tell them that you are okay with kids being pawns in your political negotiations.  The more people who see you all clearly for what you are, the better.

Don't be ashamed.  Be PROUD.  Tell EVERYONE that you like what the admin is doing, and you support it.  Please.  Do me that solid.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Projection is all your team has left. No solutions, no values, no anything.

Democrats have plenty of solutions. You just don't like them. Democrats move the country forward. Republicans don't stand for anything but standing in the way of change. It's a political philosophy based entirely on fear.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Keep going.  Keep ignoring the written directive, on DOJ letterhead, from your boy Sessions.

Make sure to tell all your friends, neighbors, etc.  Tell them that you are okay with kids being pawns in your political negotiations.  The more people who see you all clearly for what you are, the better.

Don't be ashamed.  Be PROUD.  Tell EVERYONE that you like what the admin is doing, and you support it.  Please.  Do me that solid.

I'm not proud of what is going on right now, it's sad. Hopefully Congress can change the law. I have my doubts, but it could still happen. Again where was this amount of vitriol in 2014. I know, you didn't give two shits.

2 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

No, what's sad is you feeling compelled to move beyond this and come up with some moronic anti-Dem take on the current proceedings.

That's what's fucking sad.

Nah it's sad Dems can't honestly look at their own party and say man, what the fuck where we doing in 2014 when Obama was doing the same things to these kids. Why didn't I give a fuck then?

• Fuck You 3

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Great lady, have nothing bad to say about her. It's hilarious to see the left embrace her after 8 years of hating her guts.

I didn't hate on Laura. I didn't hate W. She caused me some eyerolls but hate is too strong. W pissed me off and I wanted to holler at him, but hearing how a mom that lost her son did just that and he stood there and took it dissipated a lot of that.

All that's beside the point though. She represents the sensible people that have an R by their name. I don't have to agree with her on anything else, but she has this right 

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I didn't hate on Laura. I didn't hate W. She caused me some eyerolls but hate is too strong. W pissed me off and I wanted to holler at him, but hearing how a mom that lost her son did just that and he stood there and took it dissipated a lot of that.

All that's beside the point though. She represents the sensible people that have an R by their name. I don't have to agree with her on anything else, but she has this right 

Laura wasn't hated and the twins were largely left alone. None of them even came close to being hated on like Hillary, Chelsea, and Michelle.  Its legitimately shameful the way Chelsea was treated. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Laura wasn't hated and the twins were largely left alone. None of them even came close to being hated on like Hillary, Chelsea, and Michelle.  Its legitimately shameful the way Chelsea was treated. 

Don’t see the point on hating FLOTUS but the GOP has a monopoly on trashing the shit out of them. Dems left Laura alone; mostly feel bad for Melania, but aren’t making her out to be a She-Devil hell bent on destroying America one vegetable at a time. Babs - fine lady. Nancy - little cray cray but clearly loved her husband and committed to her cause. 

Great lady, have nothing bad to say about her. It's hilarious to see the left embrace her after 8 years of hating her guts.

Huh. I voted for W. I always liked Laura. Really liked GHW. Your problem is that you think that everyone who doesn’t drink the Trump koolaid is a “leftist.”
I'm not proud of what is going on right now, it's sad. Hopefully Congress can change the law. I have my doubts, but it could still happen. Again where was this amount of vitriol in 2014. I know, you didn't give two shits.

See the Sessions memo. Signed two months ago. Which CHANGED policy. You can keep telling your lie, but nobody with an IQ above room temp is going to believe it.

See this as yet another example. A lot of folks who either supported W or at least didn’t loathe him are on Laura’s camp on this.

This is your tactic. Own it. You don’t get to run away from it now. It’s hanging around your neck.

36 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

45 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Nah it's sad Dems can't honestly look at their own party and say man, what the fuck where we doing in 2014 when Obama was doing the same things to these kids. Why didn't I give a fuck then?

Stop lying.

I voted for W twice, McCain, and Romney. Trump and the Texas GOP flipped me to solid blue. Fuck trump, fuck Cruz, fuck Dan Patrick, and fuck htownaggy and his kid jails. Still conservative on plenty of issues but sometimes you have to see the bigger picture. Trump and all that he stands for is terrible for America and the world.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Show some proof that Obama’s admin was separating kids from non criminal families that were seeking asylum?    But now with trump, we have his side admitting they are doing this along with the memos.   And they state that the law makes them do this when it doesn’t.    

The WH blames congress but trump has said he won’t sign the bill to change this law so McConnell and Ryan won’t act. 

Who the fuck hated Laura Bush? I though W was an idiot, but why hate a teacher who devoted her life towards helping kids. The way foxnews treated Michelle Obama on the other hand was a complete load of shit, and you ate it up. Now you project that same bullshit towards us.

• Like 1

Looks like Cruz is reacting to Beto's campaigning:

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, on Monday announced a plan to introduce comprehensive "emergency legislation" designed to end unnecessary separations of illegal immigrant children from their parents.

The bill, an answer to President Trump's call for a congressional solution to the situation, would double the number of immigration judges to 750 and mandate that illegal immigrant families be kept together, unless there has been "aggravated criminal conduct" or threat of harm to the children, according to Cruz's office.

The new legislation would also authorize new temporary shelters for immigrant families, and provide for expedited resolution of asylum claims within 14 days.

"All Americans are rightly horrified by the images we are seeing on the news, children in tears pulled away from their mothers and fathers," Cruz said. "This must stop. Now."

But, Cruz added, his Democratic counterparts have taken the wrong approach on the issue.

"The answer is not what congressional Democrats are proposing: simply releasing illegal aliens and returning to the failed policy of 'catch and release,'" Cruz said. "Rather, we should fix the backlog in immigration cases, remove the legal barriers to swift processing, and resolve asylum cases on an expedited basis.

"While these cases are pending, families should stay together. Children belong with their mothers and fathers."

On Monday, all 49 Senate Democrats announced their support for the The Keep Families Together Act, introduced by Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.

That bill has a different, even higher standard for separating kids at the border, and would generally only allow the practice if "there is evidence of parents abusing the children or children being trafficked." Under the Democrats' bill, "eparation could only happen after consultation with a child welfare expert."

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-TX, introduced legislation that would keep illegal immigrant families together at the border in most cases.  (AP)

The Democrats' bill calls for an accountability report on asylum claims, but does not contain an equivalent to Cruz's provisions to accelerate the application process or to deploy more judges.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/18/sen-ted-cruz-introduces-emergency-bill-to-keep-immigrant-families-together-slams-dems-proposal.amp.html

14 minutes ago, bernorange said:

He is throwing a major counterpunch and starting to get some praise on TV this morning. It will be iinteresting to see how both sides try and out maneuver the other by refusing to support competing bills.

Of course Trump can still step in and fuck it up for everyone.

14 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

No one will admit to voting for these guys. But they will vote for them. 

Oh, they admit it. Plenty of people admit it. Some quotes:

"Our government works best for the economy when special interests, PACs and corporations control Congress. The last thing we need is for Congress to be controlled by the unwashed and uneducated masses. Your candidate seems to have little or no knowledge with respect to the inner workings of our government."

"[Beto is a] Great guy, wrong color. Sorry!"

"You lost me at Democrat. That's the last thing we need is another Democrat in the Senate or Congress. Ted Cruz will get my vote and will easily win this election because Texans are not idiots."

[This one was a wrong number.] "First off my name is not [a girl's name]. I have a cock....2nd...I will never vote for Looney Liberals ruining our country...3rd...Remove my number from your list...And 4th.....MAGA.!!!!!!"

"He'll no I'm not voting for some dumbass libtard #MAGA"

"Well let's see. He appears to be Pro Death of the unborn, our most helpless and defenceless. His promotion of open borders is tantamount to inviting low wage scabs to cross the border so that they can steal jobs from our citizens. He favors ending the war on drugs even though our life expectancy has declined (for two years). Open borders will only result in increased heroin and fentanyl imports, increased addiction and even more death. What's not to like? KEEP TEXAS SUCCESSFUL!! VOTE REPUBLICAN!!" 

41 minutes ago, austingirl said:

Oh, they admit it. Plenty of people admit it. Some quotes:

"Our government works best for the economy when special interests, PACs and corporations control Congress. The last thing we need is for Congress to be controlled by the unwashed and uneducated masses. Your candidate seems to have little or no knowledge with respect to the inner workings of our government."

"[Beto is a] Great guy, wrong color. Sorry!"

"You lost me at Democrat. That's the last thing we need is another Democrat in the Senate or Congress. Ted Cruz will get my vote and will easily win this election because Texans are not idiots."

[This one was a wrong number.] "First off my name is not [a girl's name]. I have a cock....2nd...I will never vote for Looney Liberals ruining our country...3rd...Remove my number from your list...And 4th.....MAGA.!!!!!!"

"He'll no I'm not voting for some dumbass libtard #MAGA"

"Well let's see. He appears to be Pro Death of the unborn, our most helpless and defenceless. His promotion of open borders is tantamount to inviting low wage scabs to cross the border so that they can steal jobs from our citizens. He favors ending the war on drugs even though our life expectancy has declined (for two years). Open borders will only result in increased heroin and fentanyl imports, increased addiction and even more death. What's not to like? KEEP TEXAS SUCCESSFUL!! VOTE REPUBLICAN!!" 

You have that right. I've been in Austin since the early 70's but I am from east Texas, Van Zandt County. They would vote for a Republican child molester over a Democrat. When I ask my relatives and friends from there why they will never vote for a Democrat they say because of Food Stamps and Abortion. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

You have that right. I've been in Austin since the early 70's but I am from east Texas, Van Zandt County. They would vote for a Republican child molester over a Democrat. When I ask my relatives and friends from there why they will never vote for a Democrat they say because of Food Stamps and Abortion. 

They probably weren't voting Republican in the early 70's.

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

They probably weren't voting Republican in the early 70's.

In the '60s there were 2 Democratic polling places in my town of 2600, the high school and the one cell police station. Republicans had to go to a private residence to vote which was 4 miles out of the town. Fewer than 15 voted Republican then. 

There are tons of those idiots all across Texas. Hell, I’m related to plenty of them. The good news is that we don’t have to flip them to win. Here are other things going the dems way that will eventually matter more.

1. Texas voter turnout is consistently in the bottom 5 states. That means there are a ton of votes left on the table that aren’t committed to positions on which they will never change their mind. When dems have a functional party in Texas they will be better at getting these people to the polls. My perception is that many of these people are more likely to vote dem than pub. 

2. We won’t need too many from number 1 to get over the hump with demographic changes. Old whites being replaced by diverse youngs that are much more liberal. It’s been talked about a lot so no point in rehashing it.

3. When there is enough of a shift for the national party to send financial help and organization, things will come together. We are basically operating with no party structure and have a guy that might win anyway. 

The way I see it playing out is that the demographic shifts will continue for another 5ish years and then the national dems will realize that Texas could be in play in 2024 for the presidential election. Organization will ramp up, money will flow, votes that have been on the sidelines will show up some, Texas goes blue and never looks back. It’s going to happen faster than some people think. HRC was about the worst possible candidate for Texas and got 43.2% of the vote. How much will it take from my points above to pick up 6-7 points?

ETA: hrc (with a terrible campaign) lost Texas by a the smallest margin of any dem since 1996. Hillary. Clinton.

Edited by Larry T. Spider
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

Tri-County holla!

4 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

In the '60s there were 2 Democratic polling places in my town of 2600, the high school and the one cell police station. Republicans had to go to a private residence to vote which was 4 miles out of the town. Fewer than 15 voted Republican then. 

My grandmother was a Democrat of the Old South variety til the day she died. 

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

My mom was heavily involved in the local Republican party when I was a kid. I remember she tried to get a bunch of old church ladies to register Republican without any success in the mid 80's. All of their reasons for remaining Democrat seemed to be based on post Reconstruction politics. It was weird because they were old but not Confederate widow old.

Just now, F250 said:

My mom was heavily involved in the local Republican party when I was a kid. I remember she tried to get a bunch of old church ladies to register Republican without any success in the mid 80's. All of their reasons for remaining Democrat seemed to be based on post Reconstruction politics. It was weird because they were old but not Confederate widow old.

Confederate widows probably raised them.

There are tons of those idiots all across Texas. Hell, I’m related to plenty of them. The good news is that we don’t have to flip them to win. Here are other things going the dems way that will eventually matter more.
1. Texas voter turnout is consistently in the bottom 5 states. That means there are a ton of votes left on the table that aren’t committed to positions on which they will never change their mind. When dems have a functional party in Texas they will be better at getting these people to the polls. My perception is that many of these people are more likely to vote dem than pub. 
2. We won’t need too many from number 1 to get over the hump with demographic changes. Old whites being replaced by diverse youngs that are much more liberal. It’s been talked about a lot so no point in rehashing it.
3. When there is enough of a shift for the national party to send financial help and organization, things will come together. We are basically operating with no party structure and have a guy that might win anyway. 
The way I see it playing out is that the demographic shifts will continue for another 5ish years and then the national dems will realize that Texas could be in play in 2024 for the presidential election. Organization will ramp up, money will flow, votes that have been on the sidelines will show up some, Texas goes blue and never looks back. It’s going to happen faster than some people think. HRC was about the worst possible candidate for Texas and got 43.2% of the vote. How much will it take from my points above to pick up 6-7 points?
ETA: hrc (with a terrible campaign) lost Texas by a the smallest margin of any dem since 1996. Hillary. Clinton.

Yep. We don't bother trying to flip strong Cruz supporters. Once you ID yourself as such we make a note of it and you get a "Thanks and have a great day!" Then we move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

Confederate widows probably raised them.

I heard those confederate widows personally asked Donald Trump in 2016 - HUNDREDS OF THEM - to honor their dead husbands.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

My pawpaw was a yellow dog Democrat. He was also racist AF. He stopped voting in 2008 because his options were a Republican or a black man.

I just got a call my from my mom who is a conservative Republican, actually a former Republican activist and got an earful on Trump and the Republican Party. She will disown me and my siblings if we do not vote for Beto. I was the first one notified.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, F250 said:

I just got a call my from my mom who is a conservative Republican, actually a former Republican activist and got an earful on Trump and the Republican Party. She will disown me and my siblings if we do not vote for Beto. I was the first one notified.

Ha, I had a lady tell me that yesterday. Maybe it was your mom.

Had an Uber driver named Jesus the other night. He was born and raised in El Paso and has 4 siblings that still live there. He works for a Methodist hospital near Katy and all 4 of his kids are college graduates. Really nice dude.

I brought up Beto's name, and he literally had never heard of him.  Bah.