Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

17 minutes ago, troph said:

What was the response back?

Thanks for making me laugh!  As long as Beto can count on your support on Nov. 6, and you please share what you know about him with others and encourage them to VOTE!

Actually had a good but brief text conversation. Wish I could do more but this time of year is killer for school administrators. Put in 13 hours today plus commute. It will be better closer to the election so maybe I can do something then.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Here we go.  That viral tweet is the moment Beto needed to get his name known across the country. The national media will finally wake up and take notice. 

All eyes will be on Texas now. Beto vs. Cruz. A good man vs. a spineless weasel. The stakes couldn't be higher.  

The national media has been waking up the last couple of weeks.  I'm starting to see a few Beto stories about how he's running his campaign on national news outlets and this kind of tweeter outbreak will only bring out more national publicity.

15 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Find it disgusting all you want.

I just don't mistake hope and optimism for likelihood.

I like Beto.  Hearing his voice and approach gives me hope.  But I still think he's going to lose.  And I think his approach is going to lose in most places where it's tried.  That doesn't make me like him any less, or want to hold him up as an example of the way we SHOULD be doing things any less.  But I've been watching our performance as a people lately -- damned right I don't have much faith in us making the right choice.

He probably has a better chance at winning the next Presidential election.

Irony of ironies would be if he loses a squeaker to Ferret-face in the Senate election then somehow destroys him in a Presidential election.

• Like 3

We have our phone bank #5 tonight.  Will be interesting to see how this last week's turn of events will affect the people we talk to.  I've bee astounded thus far at the lack of name recognition Beto has (well, I've been astounded at how many people are totally clueless about and disinterested in the political climate in this country right now, but that's a whole other story).  I wonder if that will change tonight.  I hope so.  

On another note, thinking about heading up to Cedar Park Wednesday to see the man himself.  9:30 start time, what time do I need to show up to get a seat?  Anyone been to one of these things yet?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M12BH said:

On another note, thinking about heading up to Cedar Park Wednesday to see the man himself.  9:30 start time, what time do I need to show up to get a seat?  Anyone been to one of these things yet?

Went to the one in Corpus a couple of weeks ago. Got there about 30 minutes early and it was already standing room only. I'd say get there about an hour early at least.

11 minutes ago, M12BH said:

I've bee astounded thus far at the lack of name recognition Beto has (well, I've been astounded at how many people are totally clueless about and disinterested in the political climate in this country right now, but that's a whole other story). 

It's also the middle of August.  Traditionally, the summer is the slowest part of the political season and most people really engage post-Labor Day.  It's also when traditional TV ads get seen the most, during primetime TV and football.

12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Can you expand on this part?  

Sure.

Me:  "I'm calling on behalf of Beto O'Rourke.  Beto is running for Senate against Ted Cruz.....blah blah blah....."

Ignorant Person:  "Who?"  What?  There's an election?"

Shit like that.  Yeah I know it's only August but with everything that's going on I'd think there would be a few more people who at least know the players in the game.  Guess I've just learned, again to never bet against the complete and total stupidity and ignorance of the majority of the American electorate. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jomac0928 said:

Went to the one in Corpus a couple of weeks ago. Got there about 30 minutes early and it was already standing room only. I'd say get there about an hour early at least.

Yeah OK, anyone else gonna be there ping me.  I'll be the redhead wearing the Beto button.

The responses to that tweet are glorious. 
Really. I wish the average Texan voter would get those points but doubtful. Who would vote for such a spineless coward? Cruz is on the level of Roy Moore as a terrible candidate. Beto aside, he needs to be gone but we're lucky enough to have a Beto too.

35 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

It's not at the stadium. It's at the Cedar Park Rec Center, which is much smaller.

I assume it will be on the courts, so that's basically two basketball courts wide, and a standard length court deep. There's also a walk/run track up above, if it's open. 

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Cruz is running the exact campaign you'd hope for as a Beto supporter.  Aimless, charmless, and dickless with the hope that straight ticket Republicans will save the day. 

Perfect characterization.

And again, it's truly amazing how he is completely incapable of being a genuine, likable human being.  The awkwardness would be painful to watch, if I had any sympathy for him.  He can't be genuinely funny, he can't have a single ordinary, human moment.  What a sad creature.

Who must be defeated and rendered politically irrelevant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Does it?

This is who we are - people who fall for this asinine bullshit and say “see, HE LOVES MURICA!”

6fcafe398b21350bfa8e811f94e5c4e9.jpg

We are a bucket of ignorant fucks engaging in simple-minded fuckery.

rather he hug the flag than one of my daughters ...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Perfect characterization.

And again, it's truly amazing how he is completely incapable of being a genuine, likable human being.  The awkwardness would be painful to watch, if I had any sympathy for him.  He can't be genuinely funny, he can't have a single ordinary, human moment.  What a sad creature.

Who must be defeated and rendered politically irrelevant.

Let's be honest...He's a right wing, male Hillary. Even when you agree with what he's saying it sounds so forced you don't know if you can believe him. 

• Like 1