Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

If he's smart he doesn't go Gavin Newsome even though he is also young and whip smart as that is too hegemony/white-hetero for the SJW's. Throw a bone and announce Kamela Harris as the VP and he will check all the boxes and God willing we are looking at Obama 2.0.

edit to add: not throw a bone as in Kamela isn't qualified in her own right, she is, but i mean the optics of two white hetero men won't fly too well with the alt-left/fringe who will demand a POC or queer or something and you can avoid that and focus on winning an election.

Edited by Guest

17 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

If he's smart he doesn't go Gavin Newsome even though he is also young and whip smart as that is too hegemony/white-hetero for the SJW's. Throw a bone and announce Kamela Harris as the VP and he will check all the boxes and God willing we are looking at Obama 2.0.

edit to add: not throw a bone as in Kamela isn't qualified in her own right, she is, but i mean the optics of two white hetero men won't fly too well with the alt-left/fringe who will demand a POC or queer or something and you can avoid that and focus on winning an election.

SJW

POC

queer

alt-left/fringe

Shut the fuck up you fucking dumbass.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

SJW

POC

queer

alt-left/fringe

Shut the fuck up you fucking dumbass.

I thought POC was short for Person of Color and Queer was the preferred nomanclature for those who dont identify as cisgender, heteronormative? If those are offensive and not PC, accept my apologies please.

SJW I could see being a bit cheeky, but definitely not offensive and no idea why you are upset at the term alt-left/fringe as it's been demonstrated that both parties have fringe lunatics on the extreme margins, just the GOP has more of them.

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Alt-left is a made up term, alt-right was coined by the alt-right.

gotcha. then disregard and i won't use that term unless/until it becomes a legit term to characterize the fringe/extreme a la alt-right.

I thought POC was short for Person of Color and Queer was the preferred nomanclature for those who dont identify as cisgender, heteronormative? If those are offensive and not PC, accept my apologies please.
SJW I could see being a bit cheeky, but definitely not offensive and no idea why you are upset at the term alt-left/fringe as it's been demonstrated that both parties have fringe lunatics on the extreme margins, just the GOP has more of them.

In LGBTQ circles we/they say POC, yes. We’ve taken back queer too. I’m queer absolutely. I say tranny and the gays as a mocking statement to the assholes here who think they can get under our skin. I take no issue with using the term queer and POC in a non-pejorative sense.

45 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I'm not worried about it. The name recognition is extremely important. That viral video will die down in a day or two and people will focus on his other positions. 

Such as how he looks; if he ever protested anything; did he ever say anything obscene or anti-American from the stage; is his wife ugly; does he go to church.

We're idiots even in a good cause. An exuberant yell ended Howard Dean's candidacy. Being called Pocahontas is a real threat to Liz Warren's viability as a national candidate. Kerry's combat medals are iffy. 

Even when your side wins, it's usually for the wrong reasons. 

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

I would prefer you drop the term "queer" and reformat the acronym to BLTG.  Because a BLT with guac is a delicious damned sandwich.  And I like sandwiches.

Make this man Governor. Fuck yeah.

I'm not worried about it. The name recognition is extremely important. That viral video will die down in a day or two and people will focus on his other positions. 

This. His biggest issue is name recognition. Once people are exposed to him and listen to his approach (even if they don’t agree with all of his positions), he’s much more likely to convert a new or undecided voter.

Between just Lebron and Ellen retweeting it (Ellen has nearly twice as many as Lebron), it went out to 117.5 million people. You can’t pay for this kind of organic exposure.

Bull shit.  There is endless abuse of the system...some are more flagrant than others.  
"Need" is a misnomer.  We've graded on the curve for so long that we've confused want with need.  
People used to live with out A/C.  People used to live without phones.  People used to live without TV or endless other luxuries we now have.
If people really want these things...and just like myself, I'm sure they do...they can do what I do for them.  Go to fucking work.  Save their money. 

The hard truth is that if you provide people with the ability to avoid the consequences of their decisions...there is no limit to the number of horrific decisions they will make.
That's true of children, adults, whites, blacks, individuals of all colors and creeds,, corporations, Government employees, National Banks, and even me. 
And there is no justice in burdening the responsible left among us with the costs of the seemingly endless irresponsible.  

BTW...America is the greatest country ever...if you think there are better, by all means feel free to go live there.  I promise...we won't miss you, we've got an endless supply of dip shits these days, it'll be like you never left. 
Yeah and people used to die from the heat. And then the Earth for even hotter. And then you had to have a phone to apply for jobs. Shall I continue, because you picked a really stupid set of hills to die on

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I would prefer you drop the term "queer" and reformat the acronym to BLTG.  Because a BLT with guac is a delicious damned sandwich.  And I like sandwiches.

And bi women can be hotAF so we should lead with them, amirite?

1 hour ago, Mack Tripper said:

This. His biggest issue is name recognition. Once people are exposed to him and listen to his approach (even if they don’t agree with all of his positions), he’s much more likely to convert a new or undecided voter.

Between just Lebron and Ellen retweeting it (Ellen has nearly twice as many as Lebron), it went out to 117.5 million people. You can’t pay for this kind of organic exposure.

You can attempt to pay $5.8 million for that kind of exposure through Facebook.

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2018 at 12:02 PM, Brisketexan said:

Find it disgusting all you want.

I just don't mistake hope and optimism for likelihood.

I like Beto.  Hearing his voice and approach gives me hope.  But I still think he's going to lose.  And I think his approach is going to lose in most places where it's tried.  That doesn't make me like him any less, or want to hold him up as an example of the way we SHOULD be doing things any less.  But I've been watching our performance as a people lately -- damned right I don't have much faith in us making the right choice.

Hope??!! Get off the couch, motherfucker. And take that rye whiskey shit with you.

4 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I do like the BLT with guac but I think I'm partial to straight avocado.  BLAT FTW.

And yes, you do like sandwiches.  I don't get your love for the mushy bun though.

Edited by DDD Dad

17 minutes ago, Mole said:

I believe the preferred nomenclature is alt-country. 

alt-country, i think we can all agree, is a scourge worse than the alt-right and fake alt-left combined. In fact, run on that ticket and I think you get bipartisan support.

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

I do like the BLT with guac but I think I'm partial to straight avocado.  BLAT FTW.

And yes, you do like sandwiches.  I don't get your love for the mushy bun though.

Man--you're wrong on this.  The mushy bread on the bottom of the BLTG sandwich indicates the proper amount of doneness of the bacon, leaving a nice residual amount of bacon grease to moisten your bread.

alt-country, i think we can all agree, is a scourge worse than the alt-right and fake alt-left combined. In fact, run on that ticket and I think you get bipartisan support.

It’s not clear to me if you know what alt country is. Or if you’re just passionate about Luke Bryan.
  • Like 4

I know its easy to say this and we hear it a lot, but everyone has to get their friends and family to vote as well.  Getting those people that normally wouldnt vote in a midterm to get out there is what causes the biggest change.  You get someone to vote, they get someone to vote, and so on.  

Its cheesy and simple but we gotta do it.  If that poll is any indication of reality, we have a fucking shot. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Wrong!  I listened to the Uncle Tupelo Anthology today. Still rad after all these years.  Alt-country forever (though I think "Americana" is now the preferred nomenclature).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DiceHands said:

I know its easy to say this and we hear it a lot, but everyone has to get their friends and family to vote as well.  Getting those people that normally wouldnt vote in a midterm to get out there is what causes the biggest change.  You get someone to vote, they get someone to vote, and so on.  

Its cheesy and simple but we gotta do it.  If that poll is any indication of reality, we have a fucking shot. 

Here here. This is me and my wife, we rarely vote in the midterm but are making it a point to vote beto this time. Seen lots and lots of signs and support in the go/of area of Houston for him. 

Wrong!  I listened to the Uncle Tupelo Anthology today. Still rad after all these years.  Alt-country forever (though I think "Americana" is now the preferred nomenclature).  

Persuaded
Paraded
Inebriated, and out
Still aware of everything
Life carries on without

Because there’s one too many faces
With dollar-sign smiles
I guess I’ll find the shortest path
To the bar
For a while

A long way from happiness
In a three-hourly town
Whiskey bottle over Jesus
Not forever, just for now
Now forever, but just for now.
  • Like 5

I’m getting a few of my coworkers to vote with me this fall. They never vote. I may have to buy them lunch though.

One of them asked me “what’s this guy even running for?” I told him he’s going against Ted Cruz.

His response: “fuck that guy. He has such a punchable face. I’m in.”

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mez2 said:

Here here. This is me and my wife, we rarely vote in the midterm but are making it a point to vote beto this time. Seen lots and lots of signs and support in the go/of area of Houston for him. 

I rarely vote in midterms and I will be there eager to vote against every single R on the ticket. 

Fuck this entire party. They have been co-opted by crooks, racists, and morons. 

• Like 2

Not that Texans (will admit) to care, but if we elect that sweaty toad now, the rest of the country will think even less of us (except for Austin! I'd todally move there because its so kewel) than they already do.

I don't know about y'all but my raised middle finger is getting tired. Why do we have to be such assholes? Every Texan I know wants to claim "we're not the south," and yet we vote just like them. Fucking Alabama elected a D senator, and yeah, his opponent was a creep, but fuck, if we can't do better than Alabama with a sitting duck like that flop-sweaty, ex-Christian mime, driving-his-wife's-ass Ophelia-level crazy, humanoid, Canadian-born son of a Kennedy killer, well, I am not gonna slit my wrists, but I will compose a strongly worded letter to someone or other who will nod gravely over it and do something about it. 

A vote for Cruz is a vote for "The fuck?" in the nation's mind and I know it's a point of pride for us not to give a shit but we really should. 

• Like 7