Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

It amazes me that Cruz  is defending Alex Jones saying that he needs free speech on facebook when congress destroyed the idea of free speech on social media sites when they went after backpage.

There is probably more than a million times the incidence of solititation of minors on facebook than was ever on backpage.

1 hour ago, RayDog said:

It amazes me that Cruz  is defending Alex Jones saying that he needs free speech on facebook when congress destroyed the idea of free speech on social media sites when they went after backpage.

There is probably more than a million times the incidence of solititation of minors on facebook than was ever on backpage.

Cruz was a big supporter of eliminating net neutrality. I don’t understand why he know is looking to protect free speech from private businesses.   This is exactly what he argued as the right way to deregulate the internet. 

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Cruz was a big supporter of eliminating net neutrality. I don’t understand why he know is looking to protect free speech from private businesses.   This is exactly what he argued as the right way to deregulate the internet. 

Votes. And votes. Cruz doesn't actually take a stand on anything, he's like a fucking jellyfish (and kinda looks like one), he just goes where the tide takes him. 

• Like 1

Was in Crosbyton this weekend; wife and I counted 8 Beto signs to 1 for Cruz.   Now, sure, the signage count doesn't mean shit....but in what cycle in the past 20 years would a Democratic senatorial candidate have that many more signs than the Republican.  

In 2012 Cruz won Crosby County by 26.

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Ted Cruz does not know or care what net neutrality is. He seeks higher office and everything he says and does is a tactical position taken for that purpose. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Ted Cruz does not know or care what net neutrality is. He seeks higher office and everything he says and does is a tactical position taken for that purpose. 

And that means kowtowing to big corps for PAC money.    What is funny is ironic is Beto is outraising him fund wise.  I think the issue is raising the kind of money Beto is getting takes 2 things, true enthusiasm for representing ALL people and the willingness to prove it (256 county tour).  It's much easier to go to one source (NRA) to get 3 million than it is to get that via grassroots.  That is the course TC always took.  He doesn't know how to do grassroots because he has no interest in representing anyone but himself. 

Even if he doesn't win, Beto is proving there are still people who believe in the system and are willing to put their money and time where their mouths are.  This is going to be a gamechanger, I hope. 

In today’s political climate you have to vote, give money and give time to the movement you’re in or your guy and your cause is fucked by big money. It’s no longer enough to chat about who you’ll vote for, America needs every citizen to be an activist.

• Like 6

Was in Crosbyton this weekend; wife and I counted 8 Beto signs to 1 for Cruz.   Now, sure, the signage count doesn't mean shit....but in what cycle in the past 20 years would a Democratic senatorial candidate have that many more signs than the Republican.  

I was in Amarillo for work a couple of weeks ago, I noticed quite a bit of Beto support on cars, yards, etc. Nothing for Cruz. Obviously I'm not saying he is going to flip Potter/Randall Counties or places like them, but I know that isn't normal. I'm trying to l not to get my hopes up too much but something really different is going on in this state.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, troph said:

In today’s political climate you have to vote, give money and give time to the movement you’re in or your guy and your cause is fucked by big money. It’s no longer enough to chat about who you’ll vote for, America needs every citizen to be an activist.

I'm reading Jason Kander's book right now. Jason runs his campaigns like Beto...all ground game and personal donations. (I actually wonder if they know each other, or if Jason has consulted for Beto they are so similar). He has a story in there about sitting in his office "dialing for dollars" when one of his aides walks in and tells him a PAC just donated $500,000 to his opponent. He looks down at his call sheet at the next person on the list and the notes say "retired professor, suggested ask $250." and talks about how hard it is to stay positive and keep going against a force like that. 

Don't have to flip counties. Just marginal improvement in red stronghold areas like lubbock, Amarillo, midland, etc. plus a motivated blue base in all the major cities and I think Beto squeaks it out. If somehow trump motivates Texas R's to get out ans vote, Cruz wins by 5-10 pts.

9 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I'm reading Jason Kander's book right now. Jason runs his campaigns like Beto...all ground game and personal donations. (I actually wonder if they know each other, or if Jason has consulted for Beto they are so similar). He has a story in there about sitting in his office "dialing for dollars" when one of his aides walks in and tells him a PAC just donated $500,000 to his opponent. He looks down at his call sheet at the next person on the list and the notes say "retired professor, suggested ask $250." and talks about how hard it is to stay positive and keep going against a force like that. 

This is why actblue is so important. Dems are going to have to bring new people into the fold to ever have a chance against the PAC money. Beto is proving that those $25 donations will add up and you can compete with them. We have to shift from just voting to donating, campaigning, etc as troph said. The dem votes are out there in strong enough numbers to turn Texas blue right now. We just lack the money and organization to get everybody registered and to the polls.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

And Kander surprised everyone when he only lost by 2.8% against a first term incumbent in a less favorable year where Trump won by 19.1%

5 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Put up our Beto sign last night. That makes 4 on our street, over a dozen within 3 blocks in Cedar Park. Have not seen a single Cruz sign.

The area where CP, Austin, and western RR meet is becoming blue rapidly. For example, HRC easily won Avery ranch. Brushy creek had two precincts. One slightly for trump, the other slightly for Clinton. When republicans lose the burbs their empire will crumble quickly because all of their gerrymandering assumes they win those areas.

• Like 3

Texas has many Democrats but many have been silent about their party affiliation because the republican majority has seemed so overwhelming Over the past 2+ decades.   Even if/when Beto loses, he has pushed many to publicly state they vote democrat or at least split their votes.  

And for many Republicans, they should ultimately see it as a net positive.  How many republicans complain about Ted Cruz, Dan Patrick, Rick Perry or Ken Paxton.  Instead of pandering to the hard core right and the few that vote in primaries, it will be good for Texas if the republicans are forced to choose a candidate that needs general election appeal.  

Everyone wins when Texas goes purple.   

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

The area where CP, Austin, and western RR meet is becoming blue rapidly. For example, HRC easily won Avery ranch. Brushy creek had two precincts. One slightly for trump, the other slightly for Clinton. When republicans lose the burbs their empire will crumble quickly because all of their gerrymandering assumes they win those areas.

It's also one of the fastest growing parts of the metro area. Brushy and Avery kids go to the same middle school as my kids, and the whole Ronald Reagan corridor all the way up past 29 is under construction. Lots of new Texans will fill those houses, and a lot of them will be from blue states. There are also a lot...and I mean a LOT of Indians up here. I can't imagine the Republican platform of "evil brown people", combined with Dotard shitting all over the Khan family plays too well with that group. 

Texas has many Democrats but many have been silent about their party affiliation because the republican majority has seemed so overwhelming Over the past 2+ decades.   Even if/when Beto loses, he has pushed many to publicly state they vote democrat or at least split their votes.  
And for many Republicans, they should ultimately see it as a net positive.  How many republicans complain about Ted Cruz, Dan Patrick, Rick Perry or Ken Paxton.  Instead of pandering to the hard core right and the few that vote in primaries, it will be good for Texas if the republicans are forced to choose a candidate that needs general election appeal.  
Everyone wins when Texas goes purple.   

This. The hard right, ultra conservative minority needs to be shut down. I don’t k ow why the party at large has tolerated their crap for this long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And they are a formidable voting block. The Dems love the gays, unions, minorities, etc but it’s hard to turn your back on conservative church going whites when they make up what 30% of the voting population and will coalesce around a single issue like abortion. The party let it happen bc it was guaranteed wins for a long time.

7 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Aunt and Uncle live in Crosbyton. Big time cotton country. Farmers tend to be yellowdogs. 

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

I was half joking about the text messages. But when Lance 'I'm a cheater' Armstrong is endorsing a politician, that is a politician I will never support.

Beto is 'juicing'.

if we're tallying who is endorsed by pieces of shit, Ted Cruz endorses Ted Cruz

• Like 1

This seems like a well thought out post.  Good work.
As well thought out as having Gumball and a bunch of Californians fund your campaign. That strategy has worked out great every time.
I'd rather have Lance Armstrong's endorsement than Trump.
Of course you would. Which says a great deal about your political stupidity.
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yes but once the far right lose a few state races, the gop leadership will find more moderate options.  

Well, Alabama GOP found the "Aw Hell Naw, that's just too fucking crazy even for us" Goldilocks level.

Thing is, I am not sure that Roy Moore is worse than Ted Cruz. If you hang out with Roy, you get to ride horses, maybe go into town, meet some girls.

With Ted, he fixes you a drink, you sip it, then you sit there and stare at Ted while he makes that little shark smile, as he waits for the effects to kick in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Does anyone give a shit what Lance thinks about anything?

Apparently Brothahorn does. So, yeah, 1 person cares.

As it happens I'm currently wearing my yellow Tour de Lance tshirt that they were giving out at a watch party at the Hard Rock Cafe in downtown Austin in 2002 if you showed up to cheer for Lance during one of the stages of the TdF that year.  I have a signed photo of him hanging up in my office.  Even I don't give a shit what he thinks about this race.

2 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Well, Alabama GOP found the "Aw Hell Naw, that's just too fucking crazy even for us" Goldilocks level.

Thing is, I am not sure that Roy Moore is worse than Ted Cruz. If you hang out with Roy, you get to ride horses, maybe go into town, meet some girls.

With Ted, he fixes you a drink, you sip it, then you sit there and stare at Ted while he makes that little shark smile, as he waits for the effects to kick in.

With Roy you get to shoot lady pistols too, don't forget that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

As well thought out as having Gumball and a bunch of Californians fund your campaign. That strategy has worked out great every time.Of course you would. Which says a great deal about your political stupidity.

16 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

As well thought out as having Gumball and a bunch of Californians fund your campaign. That strategy has worked out great every time.Of course you would. Which says a great deal about your political stupidity.

https://www.chron.com/news/politics/texas/article/Ted-Cruz-rips-Beto-O-Rourke-for-Hollywood-13178553.php

Screen_Shot_2018_08_26_at_5_10_57_PM.png

Edited by Celery Man
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Of course you would. Which says a great deal about your political stupidity.

Let's see... one juiced to win bicycle races, the other sold out to Vladimir Putin. Who's political stupidity is showing?

• Like 2

Apparently Brothahorn does. So, yeah, 1 person cares.
As it happens I'm currently wearing my yellow Tour de Lance tshirt that they were giving out at a watch party at the Hard Rock Cafe in downtown Austin in 2002 if you showed up to cheer for Lance during one of the stages of the TdF that year.  I have a signed photo of him hanging up in my office.  Even I don't give a shit what he thinks about this race.

Wrong ding dong. Why do you think gumball is out endorsing Beto? So fanboys(like you) and the sheep can feel good about your political stupidity.
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Let's see... one juiced to win bicycle races, the other sold out to Vladimir Putin. Who's political stupidity is showing?
Putin? Really? That's the best you could find on your website?

Like I said the sheep and fools love Lance and Beto. Lance and Beto love the sheep and fools.
  • Fuck You 8