Pics of parking douche baggery

Sabalo

On 6/1/2022 at 2:11 PM, Brisketexan said:

Everyone who back-in parks says this. Every single one of them.

By my observation, almost all of those people are full of shit and are lying.  I will just presume the same here.  The numbers are WAY on my side.

I can also parallel park in my pick up.

To your point, most people are aimers.  A few of us can actually drive.

14 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

As the parent of a daughter on the spectrum, I can say this is a gross generalization and not true. The autism spectrum covers a wide variety  neurological differences.  You might as well say that all gay men are great interior decorators. As the father of a gay son, I can also tell you that’s not true.

I'm also the parent of a child on the spectrum, and difficulty with spatial relationships is one of the number one common traits of those with autism, particularly ASD Level 1. I agree that the spectrum covers a wide variety of differences, and no two people experience it exactly the same way.  I'm glad your daughter hasn't struggled with spacial issues, but that makes her an outlier.

As for the interior decorating, I have no fucking clue.

10 hours ago, slorch said:

I can also parallel park in my pick up.

To your point, most people are aimers.  A few of us can actually drive.

I can back in just fine, but I freely admit that I won't even attempt to parallel park my truck unless I have about 3x the space that's technically needed.

3 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

I can back in just fine, but I freely admit that I won't even attempt to parallel park my truck unless I have about 3x the space that's technically needed.

I can parallel park my four door pickup in two moves with three inches of clearance at each end. every time. 

On 6/1/2022 at 2:46 PM, GhostRider said:

6 seconds.  6 seconds between putting my car in reverse and putting in park, dead center of the parking spot.

Anyone who identifies as male should instinctively know how to back into a parking spot on the first try.

20 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

No pics, but my Mom parked heinously this evening.  Curb directly to her L & the passenger side was across the white line by maybe a 15 deg. angle.

I called her on it & she backed up around 15 feet & then essentially pulled straight back to the same position she was in the 1st time

I said "You're right back in the same problem you had" & then I got what is her 77 year old Genteel Southern Lady version of "screw you, don't care."

so a, "Bless Your Heart"?

On 6/1/2022 at 6:27 PM, nnm said:

Not this crap again. This debate has been settled for a long time. First-move-forward parking is by far the safest form of parking. It’s indisputable. The only time people should park nose-in is when the lot is herringbone, one-way. There’s a reason that any industry with significant numbers of drivers has advanced driver training that invariably teaches first-move-forward parking. 

With the availability of backup cameras, this is total BS.  

Does this count? These were the two spots to my right. They were both occupied when I arrived at the store. There was a guy sitting in the passenger seat of the car in the left spot when I got out of my car. There’s no way he or his driver could’ve been responsible. So it must’ve been the person in the right hand spot. The cart corral was maybe at most six spots away. Why the fuck would anyone do this? I honestly don’t have a big problem if you put your cart in the intersection of four parking spots where it’s not getting in anyone’s way. But that’s pretty stupid when you’re so close to the corral. But this? Wtf? Why would you even back out of a spot with your shopping cart so close?

AC744F5C-8DB1-45A6-BE60-D0348C2ED6F9.thumb.jpeg.58e4d34346a1f855b425052801c6c401.jpeg

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

It’s a double boat launch. He is taking up both spaces. I had to wait for about 10 minutes for him to retrieve his boat.

ahh, I see. That's what I get for looking at the surl on my phone; the ramp didn't look that big

4 hours ago, markstanco said:

It’s a double boat launch. He is taking up both spaces. I had to wait for about 10 minutes for him to retrieve his boat.

I don’t spend much time at boat launches.  At first glance I thought he was heading out in his boat to fish or something and was just gonna leave his truck there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...