Pics of parking douche baggery

Sabalo

Backing into a parking spot is awesome, if you don’t suck at it

Spoiler….99.98% of people suck at it. Yes, incisor all of the people who think they don’t. Just this weekend, my wife and I had to sit and wait while some moron backing into a space made a 867 point maneuver to do so, blocking the parking aisle for 4 hours or some shit. When they could have just whipped in nose first, then quickly backed out.
Backing in only makes sense if you have the skill to do it in one move. And pretty much nobody has that skill.

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Spoiler….99.98% of people suck at it. Yes, incisor all of the people who think they don’t. Just this weekend, my wife and I had to sit and wait while some moron backing into a space made a 867 point maneuver to do so, blocking the parking aisle for 4 hours or some shit. When they could have just whipped in nose first, then quickly backed out.
Backing in only makes sense if you have the skill to do it in one move. And pretty much nobody has that skill.

I back in with a single move 99% of the time, so ima have to disagree.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I am the 0.02%

Here for roll call, .02% it is then!
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

I back in with a single move 99% of the time, so ima have to disagree.

Everyone who back-in parks says this. Every single one of them.

By my observation, almost all of those people are full of shit and are lying.  I will just presume the same here.  The numbers are WAY on my side.

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, futureman said:

don’t get aggressive just because you can’t handle back-in parking like a few of your more talented fellow posters. 

I'm also not an expert in acting like a douchebag to waitstaff, but I don't see that as a shortcoming.

Everyone is an expert back-in parker.  Yet everyone I see back-in parking takes 20 maneuvers to get it done, and jams up the main parking aisle for half a minute while they do so.  It's kinda like the Band of Brothers bit -- "All of Germany and I haven't met one Nazi yet."  Except for a handful of times, all I've seen of back-in parkers is shittasticness, yet I've never met a single shitty back-in parker.  Fascinating.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm also not an expert in acting like a douchebag to waitstaff, but I don't see that as a shortcoming.

Everyone is an expert back-in parker.  Yet everyone I see back-in parking takes 20 maneuvers to get it done, and jams up the main parking aisle for half a minute while they do so.  It's kinda like the Band of Brothers bit -- "All of Germany and I haven't met one Nazi yet."  Except for a handful of times, all I've seen of back-in parkers is shittasticness, yet I've never met a single shitty back-in parker.  Fascinating.

6 seconds.  6 seconds between putting my car in reverse and putting in park, dead center of the parking spot.

Anyone who identifies as male should instinctively know how to back into a parking spot on the first try.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, GhostRider said:

6 seconds.  6 seconds between putting my car in reverse and putting in park, dead center of the parking spot.

Anyone who identifies as male should instinctively know how to back into a parking spot on the first try.

Well, they should also know how to back in a trailer in one move.

Ever spent time at a boat ramp, being entertained?  I sure as shit have.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Everyone who back-in parks says this. Every single one of them.

By my observation, almost all of those people are full of shit and are lying.  I will just presume the same here.  The numbers are WAY on my side.

Ask your husband to do it for you next time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Ask your husband to do it for you next time.

What, watch all the guys who swear they can back-in park in one move take 10-15 moves to do it, gumming up the works for everyone?  My spouse of choice and I will watch together -- it's amusing.  But truly, we don't have the time.  A minute a pop, times an infinite number of people who say they can do it but really can't?  Ain't nobody got time for that.

Not this crap again. This debate has been settled for a long time. First-move-forward parking is by far the safest form of parking. It’s indisputable. The only time people should park nose-in is when the lot is herringbone, one-way. There’s a reason that any industry with significant numbers of drivers has advanced driver training that invariably teaches first-move-forward parking. 
This hits close to home. When I was a kid my cousin backed over her 2-yo son. Happens all the time.  The chances are reduced to almost zero with first-move-forward parking. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, nnm said:

There’s a reason that any industry with significant numbers of drivers has advanced driver training that invariably teaches first-move-forward parking. 

The bolded seems relevant.  The percentage of typical drivers who has taken "advanced driver training" that teaches them how to back-in-park in fewer than 10 moves?  I'd guess around 1%.

100% of people think they're good at it.  99% of them are wrong about that.  But keep on keeping on, and the rest of us will keep on being pissed off while the 99% who are wrong about it gum up the whole damned parking lot while the block the main passage forfuckingever while they figure out how to back in.  The rest of us aren't imagining this -- we watch it happen most every time someone tries to back in park.

The industry that I am in it is pretty much standard worldwide to reverse park.  I prefer reverse parking because of reasons previously stated.  What does make it difficult is when I have identified a parking spot and have spotted up just beyond the parking place and someone comes along thinking that the space is open and then gets in my way as I am trying back up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JSB said:

#teambackinparking but I also am #teamparkintheemptypartofthelot especially if I can get an end spot with only one side exposed to other vehicles

I do this all of the time.  A few, or many, extra steps never hurt.  I cannot tell you how many times I have pulled into a parking lot and see someone waiting on a choice spot up front for me to only park away in the lot and get into the store before they do or even while they are still waiting.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I can back an 18 wheeler full speed in high range. /humblebrag

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

The one that makes zero sense is the idiots parking up front to go to...the gym!

My favorite is those folks who have to park up front for the gym.....and will sit there and block the whole aisle for 5 minutes waiting for the person who just came out to their car to back out....while that person spends 5 minutes adjusting their makeup, writing a grocery list, drinking their full water bottle, and writing the great american novel on their phone.  

Drive down an aisle.  If there is a space, park.  If there isn't, go to the next aisle.  And if you're going to the gym, it's pretty damn silly to make it your life mission to park 3 steps from the door.

team back in here.  i usually park far away in the first uncrowded spots from the door so usually can just pull straight through a double spot to be facing out; no need to back in.  but in cases like a parking garage, i back in so it does not take a 5 min 15 point turn to try and back my truck out of the parking spot where the spacing between rows is tight.  so much easier to back in vs back out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

team back in here.  i usually park far away in the first uncrowded spots from the door so usually can just pull straight through a double spot to be facing out; no need to back in.  but in cases like a parking garage, i back in so it does not take a 5 min 15 point turn to try and back my truck out of the parking spot where the spacing between rows is tight.  so much easier to back in vs back out.

Yep, and you don't have to worry about traffic getting out.

On 6/2/2022 at 11:36 AM, futureman said:

not only do I back in flawlessly, I spurn the backup camera and only use my mirrors. because I’m a champion. 

It's easier with the mirrors.   And I'm going to guess that Brisket's experience with people who can't back into a parking spot largely involves city slicker frat boys who drive pickups but have never done a day of manual labor in their life.  Those fuckers shouldn't be allowed to purchase a truck, much less back one up.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

It's easier with the mirrors.   And I'm going to guess that Brisket's experience with people who can't back into a parking spot largely involves city slicker frat boys who drive pickups but have never done a day of manual labor in their life.  Those fuckers shouldn't be allowed to purchase a truck, much less back one up.

They didn’t purchase the truck. Daddy did. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

They try to use the trailer backing app without a trailer.

• Hook 'Em 1

forgot to post this from last week. top gun at the bullock. parking garage is fucking packed. mass hysteria.

and of course, aggy. 

75328A8D-9477-4B59-B81C-5E2A7CF834A9.jpeg 

edit I guess the quality when posted here diminishes. but it is an aggy license plate. 

Edited by futureman
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

On 6/1/2022 at 2:48 PM, Brisketexan said:

image.png.f1f090569d213e35da4c79072b50a95c.png

tragically 2 people died when they couldn’t get the tailgate down

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Some of these are so bad that either alcohol/drugs/medication or some kind of neurological disorder has to be in play.  For example, anyone on the autism spectrum has serious difficulty with spatial relationships and awareness.  Many can never drive, and those who do can definitely struggle with things like parking.   They also tend to have a really easy time getting lost as it's difficult to navigate via landmarks.

If it's just that people are assholes most of these pics must be of fellow posters on this site.

10 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

Some of these are so bad that either alcohol/drugs/medication women or some kind of neurological disorder have to be in play.  For example, anyone on the autism female spectrum has serious difficulty with spatial relationships and awareness.  Many can never drive, and those who do can definitely struggle with things like parking.   They also tend to have a really easy time getting lost as it's difficult to navigate via landmarks.

If it's just that people are assholes most of these pics must be of fellow posters on this site.

Fify 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

For example, anyone on the autism spectrum has serious difficulty with spatial relationships and awareness.

As the parent of a daughter on the spectrum, I can say this is a gross generalization and not true. The autism spectrum covers a wide variety  neurological differences.  You might as well say that all gay men are great interior decorators. As the father of a gay son, I can also tell you that’s not true.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

As the parent of a daughter on the spectrum, I can say this is a gross generalization and not true. The autism spectrum covers a wide variety  neurological differences.  You might as well say that all gay men are great interior decorators. As the father of a gay son, I can also tell you that’s not true.

So it’s a gross generalization and not true that you’re their father?

• Haha 1

No pics, but my Mom parked heinously this evening.  Curb directly to her L & the passenger side was across the white line by maybe a 15 deg. angle.

I called her on it & she backed up around 15 feet & then essentially pulled straight back to the same position she was in the 1st time

I said "You're right back in the same problem you had" & then I got what is her 77 year old Genteel Southern Lady version of "screw you, don't care."