UT/UH - 50 Years Later

83Horn

I love Bradley's comment after winning the coin toss against aggy

Along the way, they also exacted sweet revenge against the Aggies, with Bradley, who had been moved to defensive back late in the season, again in the spotlight. Summoned to midfield for the coin toss and asked to decide whether the Longhorns would kick or receive, Bradley replied, "We don't give a (bleep)."

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Like 3

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

You guys didn't have a black player until 1970?

I'm not trying to talk shit, but that is absolutely mind blowing.

Texas, as a university and as a football team/athletic program, has a fairly shameful record of integration.  Or segregation.  There's a famous Supreme Court case involving the integration of the law school that finally put a bullet in "separate but equal," in 1950.  Sweatt v. Painter

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Texas, as a university and as a football team/athletic program, has a fairly shameful record of integration.  Or segregation.  There's a famous Supreme Court case involving the integration of the law school that finally put a bullet in "separate but equal," in 1950.  Sweatt v. Painter

Thanks.  Didn't know that.  1950's before Brown v. Board of Education, IIRC.

9 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

You guys didn't have a black player until 1970?

I'm not trying to talk shit, but that is absolutely mind blowing.

Well we did have a black player in 1969 but back in those days Freshmen couldn't play varsity for some reason. I think Texas A&M was the same, and had their first black player in 1970 as well.

Anyway we beat Alabama by one whole year. So I wish I could say we were unique among our peers but sadly not. The old south...glad its gone.

Edited by Valmy77

we need more people like this  

"Along the way, they also exacted sweet revenge against the Aggies, with Bradley, who had been moved to defensive back late in the season, again in the spotlight. Summoned to midfield for the coin toss and asked to decide whether the Longhorns would kick or receive, Bradley replied, "We don't give a (bleep)."

we need more people like this  

"Along the way, they also exacted sweet revenge against the Aggies, with Bradley, who had been moved to defensive back late in the season, again in the spotlight. Summoned to midfield for the coin toss and asked to decide whether the Longhorns would kick or receive, Bradley replied, "We don't give a (bleep)."
I can see Herman becoming this person if he has some success. Let's face it, we would fellate Herman s dickishness like a drunk tridelt on dirty sixth ona Friday night if he started dominating the likes of fat Pat and little Lincoln.

8 hours ago, Turkleton said:

Not really. Us beating you in 1/1/70 and you beating us in 1/1/71 had no bearing on the outcome of the NC.

I read once on Huskerboard once that the 70 title was argued by Texas, but otherwise not much.

We remember 70 as a wouldabeen national title that ended in Pasadena the final week, as happened so often in the Ara-McKay era.