The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

See, just reasonable folks, and we should DEFINITELY reach across the aisle and work with them.

The war that is taking place is in that person’s mind and they need professional help. This is another example of where people who know this person that are not in the cult should be reaching out for a wellness check to be performed, if not an outright trip to the psychiatric ward. When the lie(s) have lead someone to having a completely delusionary view of the world around them you have to get them help. This person has needed it for a good long while by the looks of that message.

Edited by UpperWestside

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Funny how her dad won’t speak up and say anything in her defense.

It is.  Maybe he's tried to call in his chits behind the scenes....or rather, there's no Republicans left in positions of power now that would have anything to do with Dick today.

13 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It is.  Maybe he's tried to call in his chits behind the scenes....or rather, there's no Republicans left in positions of power now that would have anything to do with Dick today.

It’s weird because there was a time decades ago when he seemed to me to be a sane and rational person.

Edited by WhatTheBuck

7 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

The war that is taking place is in that person’s mind and they need professional help. This is another example of where people who know this person that are not in the cult should be reaching out for a wellness check to be performed, if not an outright trip to the psychiatric ward. When the lie(s) have lead someone to having a completely delusionary view of the world around them you have to get them help. This person has needed it for a good long while by the looks of that message.

Nope.  Stop treating them as individuals.  They aren't.  They are soldier ants in the hive mind.  This is a group dynamic we're dealing with.  And that's what makes it so dangerous.

It's not an outlier sicko.  It's an army of this:

1vxh.gif

They can't be reasoned with.  They feed on each other and the energy of their shared delusion and insanity.  Humanity has seen this hundreds of times before.

Spoiler: it never ends well.

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope.  Stop treating them as individuals.  They aren't.  They are soldier ants in the hive mind.  This is a group dynamic we're dealing with.  And that's what makes it so dangerous.

It's not an outlier sicko.  It's an army of this:

1vxh.gif

They can't be reasoned with.  They feed on each other and the energy of their shared delusion and insanity.  Humanity has seen this hundreds of times before.

Spoiler: it never ends well.

I understand your feelings on this and why you hold the views that you do Brisket. I do not fault you for your view or feelings because there is validity in what you are saying. I treat everyone as an individual human being though. The day I look at them the way they look at me is the day I will have joined them as a wandering soul in the desert of life. You will lose your own humanity and become what you don't like when you give up on them. I refuse to submit to that view of human beings. I do not condone or like any of what I see from the death cult, but my job is not to condemn them or classify them as hopeless. I hold that view both religiously by virtue of being a Christian, but also even if I didn't have any religious moorings (I have no issue with any faith and like speaking to those who are in different religions) I would feel that way just as a human being that has empathy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

I understand your feelings on this and why you hold the views that you do Brisket. I do not fault you for your view or feelings because there is validity in what you are saying. I treat everyone as an individual human being though. The day I look at them the way they look at me is the day I will have joined them as a wandering soul in the desert of life. You will lose your own humanity and become what you don't like when you give up on them. I refuse to submit to that view of human beings. I do not condone or like any of what I see from the death cult, but my job is not to condemn them or classify them as hopeless. I hold that view both religiously by virtue of being a Christian, but also even if I didn't have any religious moorings (I have no issue with any faith and like speaking to those who are in different religions) I would feel that way just as a human being that has empathy. 

You are a better man than I.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I'm glad that you feel the way you do.

But the time for empathy has passed.  We are in a fight for survival, and we have been for a lot longer than most people around here have been ready to acknowledge.  January 6th was inevitable.  The next January 6th -- likely to be bloodier, and successful -- is also inevitable.  Because that is the nature of the cultish mob.  It is what they do.  It always has been.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

You are a better man than I.

I am no better than you at all brother. I am also no better than anyone in the death cult. We are all on the same road so we might as well help those that we can while we can. Some of us take some diversions off the main path into some areas of intense trouble or strife, but I look at it as my job (One that I enjoy) just as a person to help even these folks out when the opportunity arises. 

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But the time for empathy has passed.  We are in a fight for survival, and we have been for a lot longer than most people around here have been ready to acknowledge.  January 6th was inevitable.  The next January 6th -- likely to be bloodier, and successful -- is also inevitable.  Because that is the nature of the cultish mob.  It is what they do.  It always has been.

I see it as a fight for the soul of each person. I realize we have many folks here who have no belief in God and that's okay. Some of my favorite posters on here have made such views known. Again I think that what makes life worth living is helping others. Every single day we all get to make a choice how and what we do with the day. You do what you can with what you have and you do it to the best of your ability. You just hope you can help others along the way.

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Yeah this is kind of what I’m trying to do with that dude from the screenshots earlier and some other of the hardcore ones. Just trying to get them to take a step back and realize how insane they sound. But yeah briskets right. We’re fucked 

Edited by Fletch
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Pancho said:

So…

Help me understand their beef with Critical Race Theory and how this got started. It just seemed to blow up as a radical right wing talking point out of nowhere.

And the most crazy part, every radical Republican that mentions it either a.) can’t tell us what it is or b.) makes up shit that is 100% wrong.

I used CRT as the framework for my dissertation. 

I have a thread covering some of it and I don't think it came out of nowhere, it feels very coordinated with how politicians, bloggers, and Tucker all seemed to start talking about this crap within a short amount of time of each other.  Too short of an amount of time to be a matter of "one blogger put it out on twitter and everybody ran with it", because their talking points were all very developed and closely aligned with each other.

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

Two Trumpers ran for school board in our district against two incumbents (who I am not crazy about).  They both lost 55-45.  Their huge driving points were "Open Schools Back Up Now!!!" (our school year had 50% in person capacity for the first quarter and 100% in person the last three quarters, not sure what they were yelling about)

Yeah, I've heard that from people here in Austin, even though everybody who wants their kids back in school have already had that opportunity for quite a while now.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I have a thread covering some of it and I don't think it came out of nowhere, it feels very coordinated with how politicians, bloggers, and Tucker all seemed to start talking about this crap within a short amount of time of each other.  Too short of an amount of time to be a matter of "one blogger put it out on twitter and everybody ran with it", because their talking points were all very developed and closely aligned with each other.

Agreed. 

And it's making my life even more challenging, since I have a module of one of the classes I teach on CRT and leadership. Now I have to overcome aggressive resistance instead of just unfamiliarity. 

#FirstWorldProblems

Edited by NWBuck
  • Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yeah this is kind of what I’m trying to do with that dude from the screenshots earlier and some other of the hardcore ones. Just trying to get them to take a step back and realize how insane they sound. But yeah briskets right. We’re fucked 

Patience can lead to some pretty cool moments down the road. You just have to keep looking at folks like what you are dealing with as being mentally unwell. No one got to the point of being in a death cult in a day and they won’t walk out of it in one either. Look these folks can be infinitely frustrating at times, but they are people who need help.

I highly suggest to anyone who thinks you should turn your back on those that hate you to read the John Lewis autobiography Walking With the Wind. That is what actual persecution looks like. To get hit in the face time and time again and look at each one punching you right in the eye without hitting them back is patently amazing. I do not know that I have ever read a better book on humanity and kindness.

E7CAA331-8A6E-4488-B527-CF7C27E691B5.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

Awe, hell, just crank up the old town square, public hanging fairs again.  Trumpkins can sell merchandise, yell racial slurs at the brown folks they're hanging, facetime live to their unfortunate friends who can't be there.  It'll be just like old times, with a social media twist!

That's what "real 'Muricans" want!  Fuck this pussy lethal injection and electric chair coddling. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Dipshits left their truck too close to the water during rising tide, got stuck. Other dipshits tried to pull the truck out, failed miserably. 

All I could think of is A) All of that horsepower and they don't know what the fuck they are doing and B) They waited too long, that exhaust is full of saltwater and sand and the rest of the truck is about to be as well.

Oh, and C) There were enough people standing around, that they could have fucking physically lifted the truck enough to get it rolling while being towed, if somebody knew what the fuck they were doing.

But they were clueless as fuck.  Probably called 911.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I think a lot these days about Sherman.  And how he realized the way to win the Civil War was to burn the south to the ground.  While Grant tied Lee down, he just ground the heart of the South to dust, with no remorse.  Because he didn’t start total war, but he realized once it started, there were no half measures.  

The Democrats are likely looking at their last chance to secure some form of actual representative democracy in the next 20 months.  Because a GOP congress will never again allow the election of a Democratic president. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The Post has an op-ed by Liz.  She's out of fucks to give, but the train has left the station, Liz.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/05/05/liz-cheney-republican-party-turning-point/

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This ousting of Cheney seems to be the final step in the complete conversion to the cult of dotard.  Seriously, it is a cult in every sense of the word. 

I love that Liz is living rent-free in the heads on the Trumpanzees.  She may get ousted, but she's going to tie up a lot of their mental firepower.

Also, I'd rather they go full-on cult in Congress right now, so that everybody sees this shotshow between now and next year's elections.  Trump out-performed what everybody thought he would last year, but now he's off the ballot (and won't be in 2024), which means a bit lower turnout for Republicans.  And Democrats can run on January 6 imagery as well.

More important than anything - Trump is siphoning off a shitload of campaign donations away from the rank-and-file Republicans, while the GOP continues to provide plenty of advertising fodder for the Democrats.

And I think it's about 50/50 over whether Trump tries to break the GOP up and make his PAC(s) their own political party to rival it.  He maybe the "leader" of the GOP as far as bootlickers like Gaetz go, but he doesn't have his hands on the purse strings.

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Funny how her dad won’t speak up and say anything in her defense.

My gut says he's A) working behind the scenes and B) knows he won't accomplish anything by giving them another target (they would bring up his record/past/etc. to try and smear Liz and the other non-Trumper Republicans).

He loves his daughter, and is proud of her, so this has got to be pissing him off, since it's an attack on his beliefs as well.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

There won't be another January 6th.  Too many of these dipshits are going to jail, are losing jobs and business, are losing friends and family.

It was a fucking game for them on January 6th.  None of them are laughing about it now, and all of them are finding out that their pleas that "this isn't who I am" and "I wasn't out to do any harm" are falling on deaf ears.

And more importantly, Donnie is not stepping up and paying their legal costs or providing tangible support in other ways.

They thought Donnie wanted them to rush the Capitol and take care of business, and all they are getting from him is crickets chirping.  He's sitting at home, at his resort in Florida, with hundreds of millions of dollars from Trump supporters all across the US, just sitting in a bank somewhere.  His supporters that rose up in January are losing businesses that they poured their blood, sweat, and tears into, while he sits there counting the millions he raked in from campaign donations.

Having Donnie put out statements that they were patriots or whatever, isn't much comforting when these people are watching their lives collapse.

And if there were going to be additional waves, it should have already happened, whether it was the inauguration itself, or numerous other days since that time that had some relevance.

Donnie is sitting back in luxury, counting his millions, and is never going to run for office again. He utterly abandoned them.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Honestly, this is probably more humane than lethal injection. 

Whenever a State executes one of its citizens, the execution should be public so the public understands what their government is doing to its citizens.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

This entire post completely lacks any understanding of the history of fascism.

Disagree.

Donnie and Co. are not putting the effort in to keep this group going down that road.  It's been how many months since he had a rally?  

Donnie and Co. just want the money.  They don't give a shit about the actual power.

It's all about the money.  He's raking in shit tons of money for doing very little, and that suits him just fine. 

The only problems he has:

1. Getting even more money from the GOP.  He believes the money going to Republicans should be going to him, where he can decide what to do with it.
  2. Getting the money from the PACs to Trump's bank accounts.
Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

There won't be another January 6th.  Too many of these dipshits are going to jail, are losing jobs and business, are losing friends and family.

It was a fucking game for them on January 6th.  None of them are laughing about it now, and all of them are finding out that their pleas that "this isn't who I am" and "I wasn't out to do any harm" are falling on deaf ears.

And more importantly, Donnie is not stepping up and paying their legal costs or providing tangible support in other ways.

They thought Donnie wanted them to rush the Capitol and take care of business, and all they are getting from him is crickets chirping.  He's sitting at home, at his resort in Florida, with hundreds of millions of dollars from Trump supporters all across the US, just sitting in a bank somewhere.  His supporters that rose up in January are losing businesses that they poured their blood, sweat, and tears into, while he sits there counting the millions he raked in from campaign donations.

Having Donnie put out statements that they were patriots or whatever, isn't much comforting when these people are watching their lives collapse.

And if there were going to be additional waves, it should have already happened, whether it was the inauguration itself, or numerous other days since that time that had some relevance.

Donnie is sitting back in luxury, counting his millions, and is never going to run for office again. He utterly abandoned them.

Is that what you’re seeing happen at your wife’s church? Lots of folks being arrested and losing businesses em masse? Lots of regret and realization? Because when you talk about her church, this doesn’t sound line the story you’re witnessing unfold. So how do juxtapose your post here with that? Because the post I’m quoting sounds like wish-casting. 

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Is that what you’re seeing happen at your wife’s church? Lots of folks being arrested and losing businesses em masse? Lots of regret and realization? Because when you talk about her church, this doesn’t sound line the story you’re witnessing unfold. So how do juxtapose your post here with that? Because the post I’m quoting sounds like wish-casting. 

I see plenty of people at her church just want to be done with Trump, but again this is Austin, not Bumfuck, Oklahoma.   And I've never seen any Q apparel being worn at her church.  We've encountered a few types that leaned into Q shit, but they seemed to have bailed when the church went virtual, and then told people to mask up when they came back.

Yeah, there are Trump supporters - I remember one old guy getting peeved when the pastor stopped him as he was coming into the service and asked him to remove his (MAGA) hat and he started to say something, but the ushers and some of the others were glaring at him.  MAGA stickers on cars, etc. But the younger crowd were not tied up with the Cult of Trump like a lot of the olds.

And none of them were, AFAIK, participants in the insurrection.  

If you look at the insurrection crowd fighting cops, stealing shit, rushing barricades, etc., they were messed up.  They were people that had mental problems, they were people who had the time to sit around being radicalized on the internet (the business owners or self-employed).  

Yeah, I've heard that from people here in Austin, even though everybody who wants their kids back in school have already had that opportunity for quite a while now.
It's not enough for them to have their kids back in school, they have to force everyone's kids back in school. Owning the libs and all.

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I see plenty of people at her church just want to be done with Trump, but again this is Austin, not Bumfuck, Oklahoma.   And I've never seen any Q apparel being worn at her church.  We've encountered a few types that leaned into Q shit, but they seemed to have bailed when the church went virtual, and then told people to mask up when they came back.

Yeah, there are Trump supporters - I remember one old guy getting peeved when the pastor stopped him as he was coming into the service and asked him to remove his (MAGA) hat and he started to say something, but the ushers and some of the others were glaring at him.  MAGA stickers on cars, etc. But the younger crowd were not tied up with the Cult of Trump like a lot of the olds.

And none of them were, AFAIK, participants in the insurrection.  

If you look at the insurrection crowd fighting cops, stealing shit, rushing barricades, etc., they were messed up.  They were people that had mental problems, they were people who had the time to sit around being radicalized on the internet (the business owners or self-employed).  

That’s all fine. It’s a great theory. But you just admitted that you don’t have personal experience witnessing folks along their lives and reconsidering. In fact even in “moderate” austin, no. So you’re guessing/hoping. 

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Because the post I’m quoting sounds like wish-casting. 

I'm not saying all of the crazies were there on January 6th, but I have a strong suspicion that the ones actually prone to such action were there. And they sure as hell shied away from trying to stop the actual inauguration.

It's all about the money with Donnie.  He hasn't been calling them to action to rush the Capitol in the several months since either.

Hell, the only thing that seems to be happening is he's trying to get his Republican enemies voted out of office/stripped of their powers.  That's not the work of somebody with grandiose plans of power or whatever, that's somebody who is narcissistic and thinks that people in His Party, and it is His Party, should 100% support him.

He is spending more time obsessing over other Republicans who he thinks wronged him than he is Biden, whether that's Liz Cheney, or various Republican election or state officials (or Republican-led courts), or people like Mitch McConnell that he blames for the Senate losses.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

That’s all fine. It’s a great theory. But you just admitted that you don’t have personal experience witnessing folks along their lives and reconsidering. In fact even in “moderate” austin, no. So you’re guessing/hoping. 

I'll let you know when any of them are arrested for being inside the Capitol back in January.

6 minutes ago, tchookem said:
1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's not enough for them to have their kids back in school, they have to force everyone's kids back in school. Owning the libs and all.

Probably.  And these motherfuckers are probably fine with home schooling or private schools outside of the pandemic.

I think a lot these days about Sherman.  And how he realized the way to win the Civil War was to burn the south to the ground.  While Grant tied Lee down, he just ground the heart of the South to dust, with no remorse.  Because he didn’t start total war, but he realized once it started, there were no half measures.  
The Democrats are likely looking at their last chance to secure some form of actual representative democracy in the next 20 months.  Because a GOP congress will never again allow the election of a Democratic president. 

Bates gets it. If the gop controls Congress again, they’ll pull up the ladder.

Or, they’ll just take power through violent insurrection and call it a day. They’ve already shown us they’ll try it. Next time, they may succeed.
  • Rage+1 1

Probably.  And these motherfuckers are probably fine with home schooling or private schools outside of the pandemic.

It's about justifying their worldview. If they can force everyone back, that means they were right, because the winners are always right. Which means that they were right all along... about everything. Everything would have been fine if the Libs hadn't made it so political.
  • Hook 'Em 2