The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Well….I’m glad she’s at least philosophically on board with how I’ve been saying we should treat people who actually committed violent treason against the United States on January 6. That’s what she’s talking about, right? People who actually employed force and violence with a goal of overthrowing the government and cutting off a constitutional process? I say welcome aboard, sweetness!
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Mole said:

Her understanding of the Sermon on the Mount is pretty wild. Must be in the Message Bible or something.

That was brown, jewy, middle eastern Jesus.  White, ‘merican, christian Jesus had a whole different message.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I really, really don't mean to insult folks here that think differently than I do, but, for the life of me, I cannot understand how an otherwise intelligent person would let themselves get sucked into corporate religion.

You believe in Jesus?  Cool.  Jesus is cool.  If more people lived like Jesus taught, we'd all be better off.  Meanwhile, Corporate religion has dick to do with Jesus. 

You think most of these people are smart enough to comprehend what "corporate religion" means?

8 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I used to think that more female politicians would be a good thing, then the last few years happened. I figured, at worst, they would do the same stupid shit male politicians do, but would be less violently inclined. Whelp fuck me. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jhawkmvp said:

I used to think that more female politicians would be a good thing, then the last few years happened. I figured, at worst, they would do the same stupid shit male politicians do, but would be less violently inclined. Whelp fuck me. 

I've been saying this for awhile. There are a shit ton of nutty women in politics, shitty isn't confined to one gender.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

So the same crowd that likes to “keep politics out of sports” yells “Let’s Go Brandon” from the gallery at the PGA Championship.  

Don't worry, George Soros is making sure that those idiots are going to be replaced by black or brown fans.

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I really, really don't mean to insult folks here that think differently than I do, but, for the life of me, I cannot understand how an otherwise intelligent person would let themselves get sucked into corporate religion.

You believe in Jesus?  Cool.  Jesus is cool.  If more people lived like Jesus taught, we'd all be better off.  Meanwhile, Corporate religion has dick to do with Jesus. 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

You think most of these people are smart enough to comprehend what "corporate religion" means?

Those people believe they are going to find the kind of success that Joel Osteen and the other prosperity types are preaching about.

On 5/10/2022 at 10:36 AM, NWBuck said:

Which is fascinating when you remember that many Evangelicals weren't involved in the early anti-abortion movement because it was a "Catholic cause"

And it's even more fascinating when you consider how Evangelicals joining the anti-abortion movement fundamentally changed the policy objectives expressed by the movement. If you read back in the 70s there was more of a push for childcare enhancements and attacking poverty. Basically way more stuff you'd expect from a Catholic based movement as opposed to an Evangelical based movement. And judging from the actions of that archbishop out in the San Francisco the involvement of Evangelicals in the anti-abortion movement is even altering how some American Catholics view this issue in particular vs other "anti-ilife" policy beliefs by politicians ie war, death penalty, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol, wut?

As Darth Vader of MEGA DARK MAGA would say:

THE CIRCLE IS NOW COMPLETE. THE TEA PARTY HAS BECOME THE KOOL-ADE PARTY. INSTEAD OF OVERTHROWING THE TYRANNY OF OUR COLONIAL RULERS OVER TWO HUNDRED YEARS AGO IN ORDER TO HAVE TAXATION WITH REPRESENTATION, WE ARE GOING TO JUST DRINK THE KOOL-ADE AND TOAST OUR NEW EMPEROR, THE MEGA DARK MAGA KING TRUMP. HE SEEMS LIKE A FORGIVING NON-NARCISSISTIC SORT. WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

Just now, Beau Vine said:

I heard a salacious rumor recently, with no evidence to support it, that many of our founding fathers were born in a British colony!  As if a bunch of British people would fight for the USA against Britain.  Anyway, if you weren’t born an American citizen, you had no right to take part in the American revolution.