The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Tucker will have an episode in the next week where he asks if 5 year-olds are being told to go suck the dicks of other 5 year-olds, and he's going to say "I don't know, this is a very distasteful subject so I am not going to look into it, but I just know people are saying that, so we need to ask the question of whether they are or not."

spacer.png

I will personally take my crack documentary team to probe this story to get to the bottom of the truth!

The Michigan Supreme Court on Friday rejected the appeals of multiple GOP gubernatorial candidates to appear on the August primary ballot, the result of state election officials declaring that the individual campaigns turned in forged petition signatures.

The candidates who will remain off the ballot include former Detroit police chief James Craig — who for months had been seen as a frontrunner in the race — along with businessmen Perry Johnson and Michael Markey Jr.

The judges — who ruled 6-1 in all three cases — stated that they were "not persuaded that the questions presented should be reviewed" by the court.

State election officials found that the Republican candidates lacked the necessary amount of signatures for qualifying for the primary ballot with the discovery of thousands of invalid signatures. However, the officials also said that there was no proof that the disqualified candidates knew of the sweeping problems surrounding the signatures that were submitted.

Before the appeals, the elections panel last month deadlocked 2-2 on permitting the five candidates to appear on the ballot, according to The Detroit Free Press. Due to the failure of the panel to produce a majority decision, the five candidates were not allowed on the ballot.

When filing their initial paperwork, the gubernatorial candidates were required to submit a minimum of 15,000 signatures and were instructed not to exceed 30,000 signatures.

The Republican candidates — who have largely criticized the process as one dictated by politics — could potentially mount write-in campaigns, but it remains unclear how most of them will proceed. Two additional candidates were also disqualified from the ballot: businesswoman Donna Brandenburg and Michigan State Police Capt. Mike Brown, who withdrew from the race.

In total, five Republicans were not allowed on the ballot due to forged signatures.

The GOP candidates who will appear on the ballot include businesswoman Tudor Dixon; pastor Ralph Rebandt; real estate broker Ryan Kelley; businessman Kevin Rinke; and chiropractor Garrett Soldano.

The decision puts the party in a difficult position; it had viewed the Michigan governor's race as a highly competitive race in a key Midwestern state that backed former President Donald Trump in 2016 before flipping to President Joe Biden in 2020.

Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is running for a second term, and the lack of a top-tier candidate on the ballot has muddled GOP chances of winning in the fall, despite the favorable political climate that Republicans are expected to enjoy.

Republicans have spent much of the last two years attacking Whitmer over the impact of her coronavirus restrictions in the state, but she is currently in a solid position among the state's voters headed into the November contest.

In a May survey conducted by Target Insyght of Lansing, Whitmer led all potential GOP opponents by double-digit margins and was well above the 50-percent threshold in every matchup.

However, according to Ed Sarpolus, the executive director of Target Insyght, Republicans could easily come back into the fold and revert the race back to the close contest predicted by most observers.

"It would be wrong of me as a pollster to say Gretchen is doing a great job right now, she's going to win re-election," he told Deadline Detroit. "No, this poll shows Republicans being upset. Despite Republicans leaning Gretchen, or undecided, they still give Gretchen a negative job rating."

The primary will be held on August 2.

43 minutes ago, Pancho said:

What is their obsession with the word "woke?"  I've asked and asked and asked for one of the radical republicans on this website to tell me what woke means, and none of them can do it. 

Woke = black 

We know it. They know it. We all know it. In fact, they’re the only ones still using the word “woke” because reasons  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Brandywine said:

The GOP should be renamed the National Enquirer Party. 

"with David Pecker!"

(Edit: Jesus, look at those hands.  This fucking guy is dead already).

190302-pecker-tease_ssecvz

Edited by Bullneck
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

God prefers meat over vegetables. That’s why Cain, a farmer, killed his brother Abel, a shepherd. At least according to Genesis 4.

God obviously wasn’t a foodie. Nor a sensible administrator.

What if Cain was growing grain? That’s kind of important, isn’t it? Why reject his offering because you like meat better? You need both to make a hamburger.

“God” in the Bible is the model of a shitty parent.

Well, the way I remember it, I think Abel worked hard all summer harvesting his crops, while Cain just played in the field.

Then when winter came, Abel had all the nuts, Cain had no nuts.

So he killed him.

Or maybe it was Cain was a successful doctor, but when he took this special formula, he became Mr. Abel.

So what is that charge, exactly. Is there a “first degree grooming” charge in the Texas Penal Code?
Also, anyone else find it interesting that the party of “liberty and freedom!” Is also SUPER gung-ho about throwing people in jail for thoughtcrimes?

16 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

woke = ethnic

I don't think so.  I think anything that goes counter to how America thought in the "good old days" is woke.  You know, back in that era where America was great.  Whenever that was, in whatever parallel universe these fuckers live. 

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

So what is that charge, exactly. Is there a “first degree grooming” charge in the Texas Penal Code?
Also, anyone else find it interesting that the party of “liberty and freedom!” Is also SUPER gung-ho about throwing people in jail for thoughtcrimes?

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

If you dress your child in gender appropriate clothing and talk to them about their future husband/wife, are you grooming them to be straight? Guess they should also be locked up.

Regardless of whether one has raised children, this candidate's style of thinking is not that unusual. For example, to the best of our ability we have tried to teach our children to be kind, to have respect for others, etc. We also tried, *within reason, to allow them freedom of expression. If they wanted to play dress up or go out for a sport, or play an instrument, etc and it was in our ability to accommodate that, then we provided support. However, I saw plenty of parents who had a certain, I don't know(?) mind set about who and what their children were going to be.

Anecdote after anecdote of children I watched grow up with mine and whose parents weren't all that different from those in Varsity Blues only substitute whatever ideal the parent had in mind.  Some of the children didn't seem to mind so much, but it was painful to watch the children who did. I mean, as a parent, you do the best you can, but I see a fundamental difference between guidance and mentoring a child to adulthood vs the implication that a child who doesn't achieve/appreciate the parent's dream of what fulfillment means is somehow a failure, a sinner, or a drain on society. It's the essence of the disconnect between people who believe universities are trade schools and that earning a degree=job in hand upon graduation.

So, someone who tweets as the candidate did is unhappy that the world contains far more variety and scope than her own limited point of view. And that children are rather like Ms. Gump's box of chocolates--we never know what we're going to get. So love them, teach them to be kind, and to wash their hands once in awhile and be pleasantly surprised at how proud we can be of them.

*Caveats applied: temper tantrums in public meant removal from public space, no running into the street, and so on--you know what I mean.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 2

Organizers of a Republican-backed Michigan petition to enact voter restrictions to combat would-be voter fraud missed the state's filing deadline on Wednesday after discovering tens of thousands of fraudulent signatures.

Michigan Republicans are backing the citizen initiative petition known as Secure MI Vote, which would impose strict voter ID requirements, restrict absentee voting and ban private donations that help keep polling places open. The petition drive was launched after Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, a Democrat, vetoed a slew of voting restrictions passed by the Republican-led legislature. Though the petition is ostensibly a citizen initiative, voters are not expected to see the measure appear on the ballot. Republicans have openly plotted all along to exploit a bizarre provision in the state constitution that allows the legislature to adopt a citizen initiative and pass it with a simple majority that the governor cannot veto.

This latest fake-signature scandal comes only days after the two leading Republican candidates for governor were booted off the ballot.

Organizers had planned to submit the petition to the state by Wednesday's deadline but abruptly backed down after discovering that around 20,000 signatures were fraudulent. Organizer Jamie Roe insisted that the effort had gathered 435,000 signatures, more than the 340,047 required, but said the group did not submit the petition out of an "abundance of caution."

"The fact of the matter is our volunteers, our supporters had put in too much hard work for us to end up getting bounced off the ballot due to some technicality," he told reporters at a press conference on Wednesday.

The announcement came just days after the state's Bureau of Elections and Board of Canvassers disqualified five of the 10 Republicans running for governor, including frontrunners James Craig and Perry Johnson, after discovering that thousands of the signatures on the petitions they circulated to qualify for the ballot were fraudulent. The Bureau of Elections identified 36 petition circulators who submitted at least 68,000 fraudulent signatures in the gubernatorial primary, as well as in nine other nominating contests. Craig and Johnson argued they were victims of the fraud, not its perpetrators, but a court upheld both of their disqualifications this week.

alanis morissette 90s GIF

• Haha 1

South Dakota will have Medicaid Expansion as a ballot initiative to become the 39th state to expand Medicaid. Today is primary day there and there is a vote on whether some ballot initiatives can only pass if they garner 60% or more of the vote, not 50% plus 1 vote.

The measure is currently losing 70-30 with 1/3 of the precincts counted

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/06/07/today-south-dakota-voters-decide-whether-make-medicaid-expansion-harder/

South Dakota will have Medicaid Expansion as a ballot initiative to become the 39th state to expand Medicaid. Today is primary day there and there is a vote on whether some ballot initiatives can only pass if they garner 60% or more of the vote, not 50% plus 1 vote.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/06/07/today-south-dakota-voters-decide-whether-make-medicaid-expansion-harder/

They are the strongest, most dangerous anti-democratic force in our history. The fucking Soviet communists, or Putin of today, have fucking nothing on these evil fucks.
I hope that every one of them gets painful, fatal ass cancer, and finds out it’s not covered by insurance, so they get to watch their family bankrupted as they simultaneously waste away and die. Just the way they like it for the rest of us.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

the dumbest people alive 

mind blowing this actually made the ballot. I’m not even sure how you defend this 

the dumbest people alive 
mind blowing this actually made the ballot. I’m not even sure how you defend this 

Because the state legislature put it there.

What’s really mind blowing is that the voters of SD - and many other red states - have the wherewithal to reject this measure, expand Medicaid, raise the minimal wage, decriminalize weed, etc. when presented directly at the ballot. But when they see the letters by people’s names, all that goes out the window and they elect people who actively work against their will and interests. SD well overwhelmingly re-elect Republican legislators that out this on the ballot.

I don’t know how you’re supposed to fix that.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Because the state legislature put it there.

What’s really mind blowing is that the voters of SD - and many other red states - have the wherewithal to reject this measure, expand Medicaid, raise the minimal wage, decriminalize weed, etc. when presented directly at the ballot. But when they see the letters by people’s names, all that goes out the window and they elect people who actively work against their will and interests. SD well overwhelmingly re-elect Republican legislators that out this on the ballot.

I don’t know how you’re supposed to fix that.

Step 1:  bring back the Fairness Doctrine.  Of course Republicans will never allow that so....we're fucked.  As long as these idiots fill themselves w/ confirmation bias on an hourly basis w/ no counter argument to balance it....we. are. fucked. 

And that's no even taking social media, where they can tailor their own feeds to confirm their idiocy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

30 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Bringing back the Fairness Doctrine won’t work either because it doesn’t apply to cable.

Fox News isn’t a broadcast network.

Sinclair Broadcast Group owns a lot of network broadcast affiliates, including my local ABC and Fox affiliates. The local Fox channel runs some Fox News content and the local broadcasters on both channels are forced to read right-wing editorials from Sinclair. It would make a little bit of a difference if they brought back the Fairness Doctrine  

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/02/598916366/sinclair-broadcast-group-forces-nearly-200-station-anchors-to-read-same-script

13 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I hope that every one of them gets painful, fatal ass cancer, and finds out it’s not covered by insurance, so they get to watch their family bankrupted as they simultaneously waste away and die. Just the way they like it for the rest of us.

I've already told my wife that once our insurance is maxed out on my fatal ass cancer (fill in disease of choice) I am done.  Not a penny more, just set me up with a morphine drip and say goodbye.

I don't know the exact percentages, but I do know a lot of these hyper-expensive end of life Hail Mary plays add little more than months, and those months typically suck for the sick, not to mention their families.

Sorry for the sidebar, back to your regularly scheduled programming . . .

• Hook 'Em 2

Looks like I’m being considered for membership into Trump’s Gold Club. I can’t believe my luck!

Republican National Committee

XXXX, you have been a reliable supporter of President Trump for a long time.

Whenever the Radical Left attacked him, Big Tech censored him, or the Fake News Media smeared his image, you always stood with President Trump.

That is why when a spot in the Trump Gold Club opened up, we immediately thought of you, XXXX. However, our team reviewed your file and realized that our records are 
INCOMPLETE. 

We need to know if you have been a Trump Supporter long enough to qualify to join this highly exclusive group before we can offer an Official Invitation.

Please help us complete our records in the NEXT HOUR and tell us how many years you have been a Trump Supporter. >>

Trump Gold Club members play a key role in defending President Trump’s legacy from the Radical Left, and we only invite longtime supporters to join. Before we can officially offer you a chance to join, we need you to submit YOUR response.

Our team will be sending invitations very soon, so don’t miss out on this GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY.