The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

It’s not hard, especially when one views June 2020 in the proper context:
https://www.radcliffe.harvard.edu/news-and-ideas/black-lives-matter-protesters-were-overwhelmingly-peaceful-our-research-finds

Here is what we have found based on the 7,305 events we’ve collected. The overall levels of violence and property destruction were low, and most of the violence that did take place was, in fact, directed against the BLM protesters.

First, police made arrests in 5% of the protest events, with over 8,500 reported arrests (or possibly more). Police used tear gas or related chemical substances in 2.5% of these events.

Protesters or bystanders were reported injured in 1.6 percent of the protests. In total, at least three Black Lives Matter protesters and one other person were killed while protesting in Omaha, Austin and Kenosha, Wis. One anti-fascist protester killed a far-right group member during a confrontation in Portland, Ore.; law enforcement killed the alleged assailant several days later.

Police were reported injured in 1% of the protests. A law enforcement officer killed in California was allegedly shot by supporters of the far-right “boogaloo” movement, not anti-racism protesters.

The killings in the line of duty of other law enforcement officers during this period were not related to the protests.

Only 3.7% of the protests involved property damage or vandalism. Some portion of these involved neither police nor protesters, but people engaging in vandalism or looting alongside the protests.

In short, our data suggest that 96.3% of events involved no property damage or police injuries, and in 97.7% of events, no injuries were reported among participants, bystanders or police.

The only way he's going to understand any of this is if you have a picture of Calvin peeing on the words "Your Arguement". Otherwise its all gibberish to him.

I appreciate the effort and information though.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Texas would then be a nation where Catholics make up the largest religious denomination, with Hispanics soon being the largest group (and they may already be).

And we'd be sitting next to a Catholic nation of 130 million Hispanics, with a military of 280,000 soldiers (and another 80,000 reserves).

We have 20,000 soldiers in the Texas National Guard, and something like 2,800 DPS Troopers who would guard our 1,200 mile border.

giphy.webp

And they would lose all their senators, representatives, and electors. And all federal spending.

Of course I don’t think it’s ever going to happen. I think it’s just cover for other nasty business. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

What happened?? The fucking Civil and Voting rights acts passed, that's what fucking happened.

My FIL used to like to joke that "my daddy was a democrat, back when they were good!" He doesn't joke about that anymore once I pointed out that his party switch also coincided with that landmark legislation's passage

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

The TX Republican party platform was drafted by fringe lunatics.  I'm not saying that the quiet parts aren't getting louder, or that most Texas Republicans don't support quite a few of those planks, but the stuff about secession, etc. is pure fantasy.

Remember when overturning Roe v Wade was pure fantasy?

• Rage+1 2

10 hours ago, Queen Bitch said:

Is there a reason you cropped out the establishment’s name and date, which seems pretty central to your point?

I just scrolled through their FB page, and couldn’t find this post.

I cropped because the comment was a friend of mine that I didn’t want to put a blast.

if you don’t believe me then call them tomorrow and ask about the “mostly peaceful protestors” in June 2020. Here’s the number (214) 741-1744.

June 2020 was a shit show. Businesses vandalized, shit stolen, arson, assaults, etc. there was a fucking curfew in Dallas for like a week. A curfew because of the destruction and violence. So kindly fuck off that it was some peaceful movement. It was a shit show.

• Fuck You 6

2 hours ago, Creasy Bear said:

I cropped because the comment was a friend of mine that I didn’t want to put a blast.

if you don’t believe me then call them tomorrow and ask about the “mostly peaceful protestors” in June 2020. Here’s the number (214) 741-1744.

June 2020 was a shit show. Businesses vandalized, shit stolen, arson, assaults, etc. there was a fucking curfew in Dallas for like a week. A curfew because of the destruction and violence. So kindly fuck off that it was some peaceful movement. It was a shit show.

Did you miss the part where one of their employees beat the shit out of a black woman? Or any of the other replies to your nonsense?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

fun fact, the 13th amendment was passed in the house by a 119-56 vote, so not exactly a overwhelming majority. It also took 5 years to be ratified in Texas.

But at least we aren't Mississippi, which ratified it in 1995 and certified it 9 years ago...

but the US isn't racist...tell me that story again

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I for one welcome the secession of Texas.  Can you take most of the south with you?  It would be really funny watching what happens.  You think inflation is bad now....LOL.

Hey fuck you! For some odd reason I still love it here. Well really I just love UT and the campus. And the Tex-mex. Luckily I’m in a liberal part of Austin. But god dammit I’ll fight till the very end to preserve this place. It’s looking more and more like a lost cause but maybe Beto pulls the upset (read my baseball posts. I’m a realistic sunshine pumper…)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

Hey fuck you! For some odd reason I still love it here. Well really I just love UT and the campus. And the Tex-mex. Luckily I’m in a liberal part of Austin. But god dammit I’ll fight till the very end to preserve this place. It’s looking more and more like a lost cause but maybe Beto pulls the upset (read my baseball posts. I’m a realistic sunshine pumper…)

I lived in Houston, and I loved it.  But I’ve watched the state devolve in the past 3 years.  It’s terrible.  I had a friend in Houston recently move to LA because her daughter had racist things said about her in school, and she lived in West U, an allegedly diverse, well educated enclave.  Where do you think the little racists learned it from?  It’s disgusting.

• Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, Fletch said:

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I lived in Houston, and I loved it.  But I’ve watched the state devolve in the past 3 years.  It’s terrible.  I had a friend in Houston recently move to LA because her daughter had racist things said about her in school, and she lived in West U, an allegedly diverse, well educated enclave.  Where do you think the little racists learned it from?  It’s disgusting.

Texas is trending in the wrong direction and will finally be too much for me some day. On one hand it's funny to point at the controlling GOP and laugh but they're actively trying to turn Texas back to 1950. In fact, they don't even pretend otherwise. They're proud of their goals. And if 55% of Texans are in agreement with them, it's sad.

I doubt that I would completely leave Texas but I would prefer to live in a state where the govt isn't as big in controlling the people. The party of small govt disappeared.

16 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

38268066-1873-4CF1-9A85-1F81D1343C4B.jpeg

Furry groomer! Newsome is a furry groomer! There. Just outlines any campaign against him, GOP. My consulting fee is $60,000 -- the same price paid to Don Jr.'s girlfriend for her 2.5 minutes of work on January 6th.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

4 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I never thought West U was diverse. I always thought of it as a larger River Oaks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

I never thought West U was diverse. I always thought of it as a larger River Oaks. 

I'm sure it's less diverse than Houston as a whole, but anecdotally I know several Indian and Asian folks that live in West U. The ones I know are physicians that work in the Med Center.

16 hours ago, mchookem said:

jfc i am OUT of here this week! hallelujah. i never, ever thought i would feel this way so strongly. 15 hours of Texas history/govt at UT, 30 year career of Texas public service, a Longhorn since high school and it's all just dissolving into this hot, angry, mean mess with even UT in the crosshairs and people trying to rip it apart, fuck the "Liberty" Institute, fuck the SEC, fuck aggy in particular, fuck all these Texas leaders who DO NOT CARE about Texans, im just looking forward to GTFO of this hot mess 🤘💔

source.gif

We are going to need a “Texpatriates” thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You got your rich white university professors, your rich white doctors, your rich white oil and gas execs, your rich white lawyers like Penelope, your rich white trust fund babies, your rich  white money managers, the diversity goes on and on. 

Lulz not a lawyer.  

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Served. Fuckstick got primaried in 2020. Probably would be considered a Rino these days

Yeah, I wasn’t sure about that and didn’t want to take the time to look it up while watching the Jan 6 Committee hearing. But given his Twitter handle I guessed he was still there. I remember he got kicked off his committee(s) after making racist comments (I want to say he was defending white supremacy).

11 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Forget his comments regarding "on both sides"... but he's right on Texas GOP letting a vocal minority hijack the party platform. Abbott/Cruz started, allowed and fueled the complete obliteration of the former Texas GOP.

I don't think that minority is a minority in the TXGOP any more.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I don't think that minority is a minority in the TXGOP any more.

It's not a minority in the GOP anywhere. It's mostly old people, though. There's light at the end of the tunnel if people currently in their 40s can figure out a way to not become brain damerged like their parents did over the next decade.

Just now, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

It's not a minority in the GOP anywhere. It's mostly old people, though. There's light at the end of the tunnel if people currently in their 40s can figure out a way to not become brain damerged like their parents did over the next decade.

Narrator: there was no light.

It wasnt a bunch of olds stuffed in that back of that Proud Boys van in Idaho. There's a campus of 70K trumptards just a couple of hours from Austin. this isnt just an "olds" problem. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Go back and look at previous TX GOP "platforms".  Most of the planks are the same.

I'm not saying there's not more buy-in now, that's real, and that's the danger.  Just that these freaks have been flying these flags for well over a decade.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Go back and look at previous TX GOP "platforms".  Most of the planks are the same.

I'm not saying there's not more buy-in now, that's real, and that's the danger.  Just that these freaks have been flying these flags for well over a decade.

I've told this story around here before, as a former reasonably reliable Republican voter (I voted in the primary several times).  One time, probably in 1998 or so, I decided to go to the precinct convention.  Our precinct chair was (shocker here) an old white dude in the lumber business -- I knew him personally, a pretty decent guy.  Someone showed up at our little 12 person meeting with some pre-drafted resolutions that were HIDEOUSLY nativist, xenophobic, and anti-immigrant.  I argued against them, and our precinct chair really managed to kill them with a "well, I'm pretty damned sure that our governor [W, at that time] wouldn't agree with any of these."  That worked, the nutbar and his couple of buddies were the only "yes" votes.

After the meeting, I hung around to chat with the precinct chair to ask "WTF was THAT?"  And he sighed, and then explained "that sort of guy started showing up at these meetings a couple of years ago.  Every time, there's a couple more of them, and they're better prepared.  If we don't watch out, they'll take over the party."  24 years ago.  He was DEAD FUCKING RIGHT, and I've never forgotten his warning that turned into a prophecy.

That was my first and last precinct convention, by the way.  It was also the first big moment in my turn away from the party.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1