The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

I'm glad a few of you woke up, but for each of your kind there's about 10 that went completely off the rails and doubled down on the stupidity.
(added to head everyone off at the pass)
448x249px-LL-3dd0d362_what-do-you-mean-you-people-tropic-thunder-movie-1309633407.jpg

I fell for the compassionate conservative stuff. It’s still maybe where I would like to be and vote, but they never meant it back then and have run far away from the direction of compassion since. 

No argument on either point. I even read Marvin Olasky’s fucking book. Which was actually maybe the beginning of my turnaround. “There’s some really good stuff in here…which the GOP is actively working against. This doesn’t check out as a conservative/GOP philosophy.”
I mean, I also thought that Ryan Leaf was a much better NFL QB pick than Peyton Manning. I’ve been wrong about some shit, man.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:
It’s always been a “states right” issue. Meaning half the states are full of horrible fucking people that will vote for slavery. They already voted to force a CHILD to carry A RAPIST’s BABY to term. 

FIFY

These issues need to be front and center in every election for the near-term. Republicans support laws that will force 10 year olds to have their rapist’s baby. This is who they are.

Uncle Ruckus doesn’t even believe his own marriage should be legal/

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

It's so bizarre to me that the talking point is to "leave rights to the states"... The last time we did that, it was not great for the country. 

is it bizarre though?  put yourself in their shoes for a sec (apologies in advance).  they will never win the popular vote again.  ever.  that chasm will widen every day a boomer dies and a kid turns 18.  they had the foresight (cough, luck) to realize that there are more red states than blue states, and the system is set up that keeps them in the game with regards to electoral college and senate representation.

therefore, their only way forward to maintain/gain power is to make the red states redder, which in turn, should make the blue states bluer.  they are trying to get people to physically move to a different state to be with likeminded people. 

they're literally pointing to it and saying, "it's a duck."

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I'm glad a few of you woke up, but for each of your kind there's about 10 that went completely off the rails and doubled down on the stupidity.

(added to head everyone off at the pass)

448x249px-LL-3dd0d362_what-do-you-mean-y

Wonder why those people went completely off the rails and doubled down on the stupidity.  The racism was always there, but it was hidden in the background well enough that a lot it us younger types (at the time) didn’t realize it.  The comments about McCain’s “Black baby” should have sent more of us running for the exits right then and there.

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep. We were. Mea culpa.

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I fell for the compassionate conservative stuff. It’s still maybe where I would like to be and vote, but they never meant it back then and have run far away from the direction of compassion since. 

I posted some bits from Perry’s border summit speech in 2001 in the Abbott thread, and it’s crazy to imagine a Republican saying that now - a Republican Governor talking about working hand-in-hand with Mexico, including shared infrastructure and healthcare and education isssues.

https://lrl.texas.gov/scanned/govdocs/Rick Perry/2001/speech082201.pdf

Opening and closing paragraphs:

Thank you Senator Lucio. President Nevarez, UT-Pan American is to be commended for its vision and leadership in hosting this unprecedented border summit in the beautiful Texas town of Edinburg. My friends from Mexico, including Governor Tomas Yarrington Ruvalcaba of Tamaulipas, and Governor Fernando Canales Clariond of Nuevo Leon, it is an honor to be in your presence. I want to extend my gratitude to our Mexican neighbors for hosting me this July as I sought to learn one of the world’s great languages, Spanish. I enjoyed your hospitality, and was grateful for your patience as I worked on my vocabulary. No longer do I refer to “la verdad” as “la verdura.” I am delighted to see friends from the U.S. side of the border as well, including our distinguished members of the Legislature, and our county and city leaders along the border

Today we begin a new dialogue about our shared future, a future of promising potential if we work together to solve the challenges we both face. It is fitting that we convene this summit where the great, meandering river known as the Rio Grande – or the Rio Bravo – forms the long border between Texas and Mexico. In years past, that famed body of water has been seen by many as a dividing point, If you were to walk along its banks and look to the other side, based on the stereotypes of the past, you would think you were seeing things a million miles away, instead of a stone’s throw away. But I am here today to say that while we have honest differences, there is more that unites us than divides us. The Rio Grande does not separate two nations, it joins two peoples. Mexico and the United States have a shared history, and a common future. And it is along this border where we will either fail or succeed in addressing the education, health care and transportation needs of our two peoples.
. . . . .

President Fox’s vision for an open border is a vision I embrace, as long as we demonstrate the will to address the obstacles to it. An open border means poverty has given way to opportunity, and Mexico’s citizens do not feel compelled to cross the border to find that opportunity. It means we have addressed pollution concerns, made substantial progress in stopping the spread of disease, and rid our crossings of illicit drug smuggling activity. Clearly we have a long way to go in addressing those issues. At the same time we must continue to deepen our economic ties, expanding opportunities for Mexican and U.S. companies to do business on both sides of the border. The outlook is promising, even if the road to prosperity is a long one. We share a bond as neighbors, and we find our culture north of the Rio Grande to be increasingly defined by the strong traits of people of Hispanic descent. Texas has long enjoyed a unique identity, an identity forged by an independent spirit, and the convergence of many different peoples. We must welcome change in the 21st Century as we have in every century before it.

Today, as we look to the south, we see a rising sun. It is perched above a people whose best days are in front of them. Let us endeavor to make the most of this new day through a new dialogue. Let us work together to combat disease, expand trade and provide educational opportunities. If we do, there are no limits to what we can accomplish for the betterment of all of our citizens. Thank you, and God bless you.

5 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

SCOTUS already ruled on the issue. It was written in plain English. Just because we haven’t gone through the motions and revoked each individual right and thrown it back to the states is moot. 

It’s always been a “states right” issue. Meaning half the states are full of horrible fucking people that will vote for slavery. They already voted to force a woman to carry a child to term. They will vote to outlaw gay rights, contraception, and interracial marriage. 

You assholes forget women couldn’t get a loan without a male co-signer until 1974. It’s going to get a shit ton worse before it gets better. 

"Now imagine she's wearing Gray Slacks..."

• Like 1

What is going to be interesting is if there is enough segregationist migration so that the blue states don’t have enough people to fill the blue collar jobs for manual labor and services and the red states don’t have enough people to fill white collar jobs above those providing manual labor and services.

4 minutes ago, Goredho said:

What is going to be interesting is if there is enough segregationist migration so that the blue states don’t have enough people to fill the blue collar jobs for manual labor and services and the red states don’t have enough people to fill white collar jobs above those providing manual labor and services.

blue states become immigration sanctuary states, red state corps move toward more remote work to attract talent from out of state. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Cause you know that is how to run an industry. Arbeit macht frei.

• Rage+1 1

blue states become immigration sanctuary states, red state corps move toward more remote work to attract talent from out of state. 
This is gonna seem radical, but hear me out. What if the blue states created a system to attract manual labor workers from red states, but instead of paying them a wage or salary, they simply provided them with all their needs (shelter, clothing, healthcare). Education wouldn't be necessary, because frankly, those people are incapable of learning more than their menial jobs demand. The blue states could provide a match-making service that encourages workers to couple with suitable mates. Any children produced could then also be subject to this worker program.

It may be difficult to attract volunteers early on, but I could see some sort of selective service being implemented... until it really gets rolling.

27 minutes ago, bluto said:

This has already happened.

Manual labor has been  immigration-heavy for decades. In ‘94, I was doing a warehouse management system implementation in Secaucus NJ.

The warehouse workers were largely spanish and polish speakers. Every sign was in english, spanish and polish. I trained one person how to use the system in english then one person translated to the spanish speaking group and another person translated to the polish speaking group.

Nowadays, much warehouse staff comes from temp agencies. I suspect many of these people are undocumented. It’s a way for the warehouse to satisfy the daily resource needs without the liability of confirming their work status as that is passed to the temp agency. 

Covid opened the gate for corporate work to be remote. It’s not going back. People I’ve worked with began their state migration  in 2021.

• Drool 1

Yet again “conservative” lurkers: you are aligning with aggy - INCEL aggy, who can’t get laid without paying for it and being bitter about it. Think about that. You and incel aggy are the same. 

FIFaccuracy.

Seriously. The leaders, the tip of the spear of your political “philosophy”….are this. That should drive any human being with an ounce of self respect to splash cold water on their face and ask “what the HELL was I thinking?”
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 7/22/2022 at 12:49 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

FYRiZEBXgAIw5gp?format=jpg&name=large

It’s mind boggling.  The vast majority of people putting these R’s into office are poor or middle class.  Yet they’re doing the bidding for the 1%.  

Again, absolute insanity to see millions of people vote against their own needs.  In some alternate world where everything wasn’t upside down, I would guess your best case scenario is to keep people at home who don’t prescribe to your views in terms of what is best for them.  Nope.  

We have millions and millions of people with massive erections to fuck themselves over - mainly because it just might fuck colored folks and those damn gays -again themselves because tons of closeted MAGA - over even worse.  What a world.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Again, absolute insanity to see millions of people vote against their own needs

There was a great video someone posted a while back that explained this phenomenon succinctly. Why do poor people always vote against their interest? Jobs, affordable healthcare, affordable medication, workers rights, etc?

They are not voting against their needs. They have social capital. A lot of it. By being told they are better than the immigrants, blacks, Mexicans, gays, libs, they have incredible amount of social capital in society. By keeping those groups down, they are voting with their interests. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Neonmoon said:

There was a great video someone posted a while back that explained this phenomenon succinctly. Why do poor people always vote against their interest? Jobs, affordable healthcare, affordable medication, workers rights, etc?

They are not voting against their needs. They have social capital. A lot of it. By being told they are better than the immigrants, blacks, Mexicans, gays, libs, they have incredible amount of social capital in society. By keeping those groups down, they are voting with their interests. 

See rest of my post.  Sorry I had to edit due to shitty WiFi - the horror!

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Yeah, old Nate Bacon scared the shit out of the gentry. 

2 hours ago, tchookem said:

This is gonna seem radical, but hear me out. What if the blue states created a system to attract manual labor workers from red states, but instead of paying them a wage or salary, they simply provided them with all their needs (shelter, clothing, healthcare). Education wouldn't be necessary, because frankly, those people are incapable of learning more than their menial jobs demand. The blue states could provide a match-making service that encourages workers to couple with suitable mates. Any children produced could then also be subject to this worker program.

It may be difficult to attract volunteers early on, but I could see some sort of selective service being implemented... until it really gets rolling.

ISWYDT

Edited by abuelo gringo

2 hours ago, bluto said:

red states will make travel to blue states illegal - 1. You might google abortion 2. Might get high 3. Might be exposed to non govt controlled media 

3 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

We have millions and millions of people with massive erections to fuck themselves over - mainly because it just might fuck colored folks and those damn gays -again themselves because tons of closeted MAGA - over even worse.  What a world.  

It’d be a lot easier to deal with/work around if it was mainly about racism or hating the gays.  But plenty of these people have gay relatives, non-white relatives or acquaintances, etc. and the reality is that they are just fucking stupid enough to buy into this shit.  People like Tucker make them feel educated on social topics, and Trump makes them think their problems were caused by somebody else.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Goredho said:

Drive the education system under, make Texas even more unattractive to high tech businesses by fucking with education and the legislature promising to target companies who provide healthcare options for employees to travel to other states for abortion, and as briskettexan likes to point out, Texas = Mississippi with a bunch of oil.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

The Republicans do a good job of selling them on the idea that these various groups are to blame for their own self-inflicted problems, and also that all poor Republicans are just around the corner from striking it rich and becoming a thousandaire with a 2,500 square foot house in the suburbs or a barndominium with a few acres of land in a desirable location, and a dually that they’ll be making payments on for years to come, as well as a boat.  That they’ll also be paying for, for years to come.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, tchookem said:
3 hours ago, kibbles said:
don't need to hear anything else from that person but I do have some questions for red top white shorts girl.

I bet she has a really raspy voice and talks a lot about her kids' asshole fathers.

After several shots of Wild Turkey and some Bud Light she loses the shorts.

33440742.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’d be a lot easier to deal with/work around if it was mainly about racism or hating the gays.  But plenty of these people have gay relatives, non-white relatives or acquaintances, etc. and the reality is that they are just fucking stupid enough to buy into this shit.  People like Tucker make them feel educated on social topics, and Trump makes them think their problems were caused by somebody else.

I'm really talking about Trump's 25% which isn't going anywhere.  And for that 25% it's about causing pain to anyone not in their 25% because they think they are fairly fucked over and their only way to not lose the country is to pass as much painful shit as they possibly can against the left.  That becomes a much bigger problem when we end up with people from that radicalized minority on the Supreme Court and/or in the damn WH.  

But yes, it's a big tent - as long as you want pain for the libs they'll accept anyone including the KKK etc. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I'm really talking about Trump's 25% which isn't going anywhere.  And for that 25% it's about causing pain to anyone not in their 25% because they think they are fairly fucked over and their only way to not lose the country is to pass as much painful shit as they possibly can against the left.  That becomes a much bigger problem when we end up with people from that radicalized minority on the Supreme Court and/or in the damn WH.  

But yes, it's a big tent - as long as you want pain for the libs they'll accept anyone including the KKK etc. 

There could be 20 of these people in a room, and something happens like say they get poisoned, and there is an antidote, but only for 5 of them.  Rather than helping pick 5 people out to live, they’d decide that everybody should just die instead.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

There could be 20 of these people in a room, and something happens like say they get poisoned, and there is an antidote, but only for 5 of them.  Rather than helping pick 5 people out to live, they’d decide that everybody should just die instead.

Oh, absolutely.  See 'I'd rather be Russian' shirts...

9 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

President Lyndon B. Johnson once said, “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

There's a reason Democrats are pouring 10's of millions into Trumpy candidates vs their more moderate counterparts in primaries.  Happened here in IL too...the more moderate black Republican candidate was attacked relentlessly by Pritzker who wanted the ultra conservative nutter who is on tape saying even in cases of rape he won't support abortion.  These idiots that far right think they're being smart but in the vast majority of the country it won't play well.  Sadly, many of you are in Texas...and Texas sucks.  And to be fair, Oklahoma fucking sucks too...

• Hook 'Em 1

In an email last week to the local newspaper Centre Daily, Stone called the Respect for Marriage Act “nothing more than an election-year messaging stunt for Democrats in Congress who have failed to address historic inflation and out of control prices at gas pumps and grocery stores.” 

So what if it's a stunt? Make it backfire by agreeing with them.

Want to address real problems like inflation? Purpose your own solution... make it bipartisan. Is there something preventing him from proposing legislation to address these things?

Do you think his son sees through his bullshit?