The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

27 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

New Grassley pidgin dropped.

This is the Senator who *checks voting record* votes for corporations 94.7% of the time (including voting against a tax increase for companies that offshore jobs), votes for military spending 84.1% of the time (including a vote to increase spending over the cap), and votes against taxing the wealthy 100% of the time.

Same old song and dance with the Senator, but at least the reunion may breathe a sigh of relief.

• Hook 'Em 1

The county’s new multi-lingual virtual poll worker system, or MVP, is coming to Harris County polling locations on Tuesday just in time for early voting. The technology will connect voters who do not speak English with interpreters that can assist in 34 languages, Harris County Clerk Diane Trautman said Friday.

By law, the county is only required to provide English, Spanish, Vietnamese, and Chinese options at the poll. Many polling locations around the county are already filled with bilingual staff, but this new technology will help speed up the voting process, Trautman said.

im sure the texas maga gqp will fight hard to change all this but fuck them. 

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/harris-county/2020/02/14/360756/harris-county-unveils-new-polling-technology/

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

They are absolute children.  I mean come on.  @Incredulity @fattyflattie @ other R lurkers, you want to defend this?

Well, I was on first few pages of the Jan 6 thread stating they needed more dead “tourists”, so maybe you can infer my thoughts from there. Or not, I couldn’t care less. 

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So defund the police?  Well those police. 

also I’m curious if there’s a large population of 18 year old or older American citizens that don’t speak English.  I can envision a media war over a couple hundred voters. 

Well there's already a media war over fraudulent voters that don't exist on the Dem side, yet keep showing up on the R side.  

• Hook 'Em 1

This is a serious question for conservatives. Will you please explain the right wing obsession with Hunter Biden and his laptop? What is the world supposed to be so up in arms about? I don’t get it.

See. First there were her emails. Then there was the laptop. Before all of this was the tan suit. How fast we forget.

Border crisis!
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Satchel said:

This is a serious question for conservatives. Will you please explain the right wing obsession with Hunter Biden and his laptop? What is the world supposed to be so up in arms about? I don’t get it.

It’s a made up crisis

Just like the border crisis and the Afghanistan withdrawal. 

They want to see more dick pics

I mean, if you aren’t objectively impressed by Hunter’s hog leg, I can’t help ya.
And yes….it’s 100% because they both 1) are obsessed with looking at dick pics, and 2) are humiliated that Hunter’s wielding a shillelagh 3x the size of theirs.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Those are grown adults, presumably with paying jobs and responsibilities. They likely have drivers licenses, allowing them to operate motor vehicles at high speeds on public roads. They may be raising children. Hell some of them might be employed by the state to teach other people’s children. 

And yet they literally believe that angels exist and can be summoned to physically protect them “in battle.” 

It’s a miracle the human species has lasted this long. On the whole, we’re fucking lunatics.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I don’t know if the fundies pushes their way into the R platform, or if the Rs finally realized they needed the fundy vote to remain competitive and lured them in, but reframing political party differences into good vs evil/god vs devil is a great way to gain a following.  And when the dogma of religion enters and takes over, it sets the players in stone.  

• Like 1

I don’t know if the fundies pushes their way into the R platform, or if the Rs finally realized they needed the fundy vote to remain competitive and lured them in, but reframing political party differences into good vs evil/god vs devil is a great way to gain a following.  And when the dogma of religion enters and takes over, it sets the players in stone.  

It was kind of a mutual agreement of convenience. They knew what they were getting into. The country club Republicans needed the fundie numbers but figured they could lead them around like a bull with a nose ring. And they did for decades. Then the bull realized it could just run right over those “RINOs” and so it has. Same mistake the industrialists and old school conservatives in Germany made when supporting a popular fringe candidate.

In short, the lunatics are now running the asylum.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Satchel said:

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

It’s a made up crisis

Yes.

57 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And yes….it’s 97% because .....

FIFM. The laptop, similar to the emails, is about a little more than what Brisket suggests; a laptop can contain whatever the GOP says it contains: treachery with whatever foreign nation they say, bribery, favors, Clinton bodies, and yes, sex, drugs, and what have you. It's made up and no one is ever going to see the contents, so it is a treasure trove of fairy tales and outrage. IOW, a wonderful griftbag of goodies in which to regrift your supporter list.

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

A little bit of both. Reagan courted them and got them in the boat, then Rush and Fox got them all riled up, and now they're steering the ship. 

You ever notice the left doesn’t have conventions like CPAC, Turning Point, NRA, etc.?  I know it’s about the grift from above but the demand is also there.  They want to pay money to go to Florida for Charlie Kirk or some shit.

Kind of explains the Trump rallies.

4 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

...and Vince Foster

and Seth Rich

and Obama's birth certificate

and The Clinton Foundation

and Obama being a Muslim

and Pizzagate

and Jade Helm

and Benghazi

and Shirley Sherrod

and Hillary's e-mails

and Uranium One

and Covid being a hoax

but also a Plandemic

and Obama literally founding ISIS

and Obamagate

and 3 - 5 mil illegal votes in 2016

and whatever is the latest turd of doom thrown against the wall in the current episode of the GQP playing The Boy Who Cried Wolf with their base that ultimately never amounts to anything.

Death panels!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, Satchel said:

My question is about the word “woke” and their obsession with it. 

What does it even mean? Radical radical republicans are the only group who uses this word.