The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

My point is: those particular shitheads aren’t Republicans, so I don’t understand why the story was posted in a thread dedicated to how shitty the GOP is. 

We’re not the GOP. We don’t reflexively assume all evil-doers in our party are really secret members of the other party. Unless we’re drunk and surrounded by booty on a Dominican beach, which is a valid excuse.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

No you don’t, Brit. You’re lying. Jim Jordan screaming and grandstanding is not “cross-examination” and you know it. It’s just trying to throw a wrench in the gears. And that’s what you want because you know damn well that Trump is guilty as sin of attempting a coup and inciting a violent insurrection.

Fucking fraud.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

The new face of today's GOP.  Now I thought they were hell bent on pushing an agenda identifying people by their birth gender.  But how on earth would you categorize this?  

spacer.png

That's a gal you could take fishing. You bring the beer she brings the lures.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

No you don’t, Brit. You’re lying. Jim Jordan screaming and grandstanding is not “cross-examination” and you know it. It’s just trying to throw a wrench in the gears. And that’s what you want because you know damn well that Trump is guilty as sin of attempting a coup and inciting a violent insurrection.

Fucking fraud.

Wasn't he at one time a fairly legit broacast journalist?

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Wasn't he at one time a fairly legit broacast journalist?

Yep. He was with ABC News for a long time. Then he went to Fox News and started dancing to their tune. Bullshit is their brand and if you’re going to work there then you have to learn to spew it.

9 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

The new face of today's GOP.  Now I thought they were hell bent on pushing an agenda identifying people by their birth gender.  But how on earth would you categorize this?  

spacer.png

Is that not photoshopped by one of us? 

9 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

What a fucking idiot.  It's not a trial.  There is no defense or cross examination.  It's a fact finding inquiry and their side could have been on the committee but they decided to boycott instead. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yep. He was with ABC News for a long time. Then he went to Fox News and started dancing to their tune. Bullshit is their brand and if you’re going to work there then you have to learn to spew it.

I remember he would play tennis with old President Bush while he was White House Correspondent for ABC.

9 hours ago, RabidM said:

What a fucking idiot.  It's not a trial.  There is no defense or cross examination.  It's a fact finding inquiry and their side could have been on the committee but they decided to boycott instead. 

You say that like his intended audience knows the difference. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

You say that like his intended audience knows the difference. 

YEP.  That is the point.  These people aren't smart enough to know that and, more importantly, don't care whether it's true or not.  They hear it, immediately agree with it, and run off spouting it to the internet.  It metastasizes and here we are.  Broken society.

Edited by Biff Tannen

15 hours ago, Celery Man said:

That doesn’t look like a Wegmans, although it’s Pennsylvania so it could be that it follows the tradition of having a way shittier interior than you would expect.

*edit * the branding from Fetterman’s post is Wegmans (with altered text) so I guess that is it. I suppose all the Wegmans down here are nicer given that NC is a newer market for them. Closest thing to HEB although it ain’t that by a long shot.

*edit edit * I know nobody else cares but actually I still don’t think that’s a Wegmans, unless they carry completely different bagged produce.

PA has wegmans and redners grocery. Oz says he is at wegners 

it would be like saying he’s at krogersons if he were running in texas

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

OO OO OO I KNOW THE ANSWER 

Okay, you got bumfuckjerkwater county Republican party. Buncha 65+ years olds waiting for that dude to bring the doughnuts.

Time to divvy up the committee assignments. Carma Dell McPherson grabs the call-the-media job. She knows the seckataries at the paper AND at WHIK Live Tri-County News.

Then that new guy, the yankee from Nashville who is sweaty and carries a gun on his hip, he says "Don't forget the internet! Who's doing that?"

Carma Dell jumps in "I AM." and that's that. On the drive home she wonders what station that's on. Oh wait it's Facebook. Well, it'll need a picture and she doesn't know how to make internet pictures.

But Ron will. Grandson Ron.

ring ring 

ring ring

why won't that boy pick up.

ring ring

"Meemaw don't yell during the message, the phone amplifies your voice just like you're near by."

"Ron? RON? This is Mama Carma Dell I got a favor to ask you."

"Meemaw don't dead name me it's Ronna and I--"

"Ron? RON? I got a job for you and I need you to make me a computer pitcher>"

"It's Ronna. What are you even talking about? You trying to use Instagram?"

"What? No Ron it's for the Lawrence County Republican Party I need a pitcher of God or an elephant or something."

"So you want me to scan God..."

"It don't have to be God an elephant will do fine. Just do me a computer pitcher and then come to my house so you can get on the Facebook and put it in my messages."

"I'm not really in that reality right now Meemaw..."

"I'll give you $20 and you can draw it however you want."

• Haha 4
  • Drool 2

30 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

lol Lawrence County is

giphy.gif

Had a good small-town-in-Kansas fishstick restaurant downtown Moulton. Cap'n Somebody's. I bought a tshirt there for my wife in the vain hope that she would forgive the fact that I rode a scooter all the way there and beyond with no notification. But she married a wild rebel. She knew.

In Texas History mode, Lawrence County (and especially Courtland) was the home of the Alabama Red Rovers militia, who ended up fighting under Fannin.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Is brandishing a firearm a felony in Texas?

Misdemeanor. You face misdemeanor charges only and the following sentencing if you commit this offense under these circumstances: You brandished a deadly weapon in an angry, rude or threatening manner while engaged in a fight—mandatory minimum jail sentence of 30 days.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Misdemeanor. You face misdemeanor charges only and the following sentencing if you commit this offense under these circumstances: You brandished a deadly weapon in an angry, rude or threatening manner while engaged in a fight—mandatory minimum jail sentence of 30 days.

Wow.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

That’ll teach ‘em.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

If you have a concealed carry permit in Texas, that is grounds to lose your permit. At least it was a couple years ago. Shit, now it might get you deputized. 

But you no longer need a concealed carry permit to carry in Texas. It’s really just so that you may carry in other states where a license is still required, and has reciprocity with texas. 

11 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Add - they want Open Borders, they're taking away your guns, you can't say Merry Christmas, they'll raise your taxes, they hate Trump, and they're pro-abortion - and you have yourself a winning campaign message. Easy peasy. Works every time.

1 minute ago, Brandywine said:

Add - they want Open Borders, they're taking away your guns, you can't say Merry Christmas, they'll raise your taxes, they hate Trump, and they're pro-abortion - and you have yourself a winning campaign message. Easy peasy. Works every time.

And they’ll turn your kids gay!

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Crazy how thin the line between civil behavior in public and shooting people who annoy you is in Texas.