The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

21 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

The GOP platform is literally “Fuck forgiving student loans we need to get grandma and grandpa back in the workforce.”

well it went from we need to sacrifice the grandma and grandpa to save the economy to get your ass back to work you retired bums 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

well it went from we need to sacrifice the grandma and grandpa to save the economy to get your ass back to work you retired bums 

By “retired”, you mean lazy

GOP dictionary
Retired = lazy old person
Black = lazy person on welfare
Latino = lazy person who is illegal
Barista = lazy young person who probably has a degree in ancient Tibetan poetry for the blind.
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Their governor looks like he's from Mississippi.  Don't ask me to explain it, but, white Miss men have "a look"; and it sure as hell doesn't conjure up images of the master race. 

In polite company I believe that is referred to as 'they don't care to travel because they prefer home cooking.'

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Their governor looks like he's from Mississippi.  Don't ask me to explain it, but, white Miss men have "a look"; and it sure as hell doesn't conjure up images of the master race. 

It's looks like a combination of FAS and poor nutrition. And a strange affinity for boat shoes

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Slack-jawed, doughy, with bushy hair parted to one side. Preppy attire. The standard uniform of untalented scions of Deep South old money. 

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

Methinks thou doth protest too much. Also, ironic last name is ironic. Fucking clown.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/01/politics/kevin-mccarthy-speech-biden/index.html

(CNN)House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy on Thursday called on President Joe Biden to apologize for invoking fascism to describe the ideology of former President Donald Trump and his supporters.

McCarthy made the remarks during a prebuttal speech ahead of the President's prime-time address later in the evening. The speech from the House GOP leader marks an effort to counter the President's message -- ahead of the 2022 midterms as Republicans fight to win back control of the House of Representatives.

"President Biden has chosen to divide, demean, and disparage his fellow Americans -- Why? simply because they disagree with his policies," McCarthy said in his speech. "That is not leadership."

"When the President speaks tonight at Independence Hall, the first lines out of his mouth should be to apologize for slandering tens of millions of Americans as 'fascists,'" McCarthy said.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Deplorables. 

Hillary was right.

She was wrong to use the term “basket.” There are a lot more than that. Biden was wrong to use the prefix “semi-“ when talking about American fascists. They’re full on fascists.

The Germans know a Nazi when they see one.

th?id=OIP.ydFZnYIb7OtN-jvCcIKAWgHaH0&pid

• Hook 'Em 5

On 9/1/2022 at 2:30 PM, trauma babe said:

Please stop denigrating lesbians by comparing Dan Patrick to us. 

Yeah, they do this when they call these deplorables cocksuckers too.  The fucking white straight guys always trying to turn the people they don't like into gay people so they don't have to claim them.  We don't want to claim these people either, motherfuckers!  Down with the patriarchy!

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

So... apparently this happened. 

Among the documents the FBI seized were dozens of empty folders that carried "classified" banners, according to the inventory. There were more than 48 EMPTY FOLDERS with a "CLASSIFIED" banner and 42 empty folders marked to return to the staff secretary or a military aide, DOJ said.

Well, either he lost the documents, or he's temporarily misplaced the documents... or perhaps, just maybe, he sold them.  FFS, who knows how much fucking damage he's done.  One would hope he would stop hurting the country after he wasn't president anymore... nope.
Edited by RabidM

Yeah, every right-wing radio show I listed to today clamored about "Most of those folders were empty...why raid a President's home for empty folders!!?!?!?!?!?!?"   

Nobody bothered to wonder why somebody would take home dozens of empty SCI cover sheets which clearly used to contain anywhere from 1 to 100 pages of paper

I have a question for some of the legal minds here.  So, if this judge does something batshit crazy like grant a special master to look for documents that have executive privilege, can't Biden just waive executive privilege?  I mean the whole argument they're making seems like legal lunacy.  How can you claim executive privilege against the executive branch of government, which owns executive privilege in the first place?  I believe they also own the documents in question as well.  Makes no fucking sense at all...

38 minutes ago, RabidM said:

I have a question for some of the legal minds here.  So, if this judge does something batshit crazy like grant a special master to look for documents that have executive privilege, can't Biden just waive executive privilege?  I mean the whole argument they're making seems like legal lunacy.  How can you claim executive privilege against the executive branch of government, which owns executive privilege in the first place?  I believe they also own the documents in question as well.  Makes no fucking sense at all...

There’s also the security classification problem.  A special master would have to have the proper clearances or they can’t look at them.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

There’s also the security classification problem.  A special master would have to have the proper clearances or they can’t look at them.

Both sides agreed that the master would have to have such clearance. They'll both submit a list of names if a master is appointed.  However, I'm sure the DOJ will appeal. I can't imagine they could lose on appeal. 

3 hours ago, RabidM said:

Yes Biden can waive privilege as to those documents.  But the former President retains the right to second-guess that waiver.

Trump v. Thompson is the case most on point, and the court held that Biden's White House counsel validly determined that the privilege must yield to the Congressional need for the evidence. So Trump's attempt to second-guess failed.  He could not articulate any personal or institutional reason, specific to the documents in question, that overrode the need for them by the investigating Committee.

That case, of course, decided disclosure of executive materials to Congress.  Nothing has ever explicitly considered executive-to-executive disclosure as in this case.  The common law and history of executive privilege and the PRA all point to executive privilege not being a barrier to executive-to-executive disclosure, so there's no court precedent to rely upon, just fairly inescapable analysis and argument.

Still, that Biden can waive, doesn't mean that he will waive (of course he will, but that's not the way courts work).  There's a decentish argument that this needs to go through the process, even though its outcome is virtually foreordained.

Also, I don't believe any of the classified material is going to be properly regarded as subject to executive privilege for any purpose.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, C-Man said:

Methinks thou doth protest too much. Also, ironic last name is ironic. Fucking clown.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/01/politics/kevin-mccarthy-speech-biden/index.html

Biden should fire back directly to this and lay out the facts/reasons why GQP is hell-bent on fascism...make them defend it. 

• Hook 'Em 3