The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

8 hours ago, Satchel said:

Trump lawyer, Jenna Ellis forced to admit she is a bald faced liar, and that her lies resulted in a loss of confidence in the American electoral process:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/09/us/politics/jenna-ellis-trump-2020-election.html

Jenna Ellis, a lawyer who represented President Donald J. Trump after his loss in the 2020 election, admitted in a sworn statement released on Wednesday that she had knowingly misrepresented the facts in several of her public claims that widespread voting fraud led to Mr. Trump’s defeat.

The admissions by Ms. Ellis were part of an agreement to accept public censure and settle disciplinary measures brought against her by state bar officials in Colorado, her home state. Last year, the officials opened an investigation of Ms. Ellis after a complaint from the 65 Project, a bipartisan legal watchdog group.

The group accused her of professional misconduct in her efforts to help Mr. Trump promote his claims of voting fraud and undertake “a concerted effort to overturn the legitimate 2020 presidential election results.” An earlier complaint about Ms. Ellis had been filed by a lawyer, Benjamin Woods.

According to the sworn statement on Wednesday, some of Ms. Ellis’s lies about election fraud were made during appearances on Fox News, several of whose top hosts and executives were recently shown to have disparaged Mr. Trump’s fraud claims in private even though they supported them in public. The revelations about these discrepancies have emerged in a series of court filings by Dominion Voting Systems, a voting-machine company that filed a $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox for promoting a conspiracy theory about its role in the election results

But she can’t be disbarred because there is no proof she lied.

• Rage+1 2

20 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

He looks like Wilford Brimley fucked …a beet.

Old people and technology is always funny...until you remember that these old fucks run the country in a digital age that they're not equipped to handle.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Gonna go out on a limb and predict that the suing family are not Republicans:

230310-Barnwell-family-press-conference-

Welp, when do we start fucking with the teacher and principal?  I'm working over Spring Break, I got spare time.  I can have the teacher stripped of her credentials and booted out of her house by summer break.  But it seems a tad extreme.  Then again, we know why this happened.  We're 24 hours away from having his blamed on CRT even though we know it's not.  Teachers are under stress, they have bad days.  I'll give her the benefit of the doubt but if we find anything else in her background.  

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

She had to admit to lying in order to remain a lawyer II good standing in Colorado. 

But how can you be in good standing after lying in your capacity as a lawyer? Especially considering the egregious and dangerous nature of her lies?

Know what happens if I make a serious med error? I am immediately put on suspension pending an investigation and peer-review, and i will lose my license if found at fault. In some instances, this also includes jail time.

There is a critical shortage of nurses throughout the country. I feel like we could stand to lose a few really shitty lawyers who abuse and lie to the legal system

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

You answered your own question.  Lawyers investigate other lawyers.  You're put on peer review but the panel is informed by who?  More lawyers.  

Shady lawyers protect shady lawyers.  Cost of doing business as far as I'm concerned.  Tax we pay for living in a pretty decent place.  Problem now though?  This isn't tort abuse, ambulance chasing, keeping bad guys outta jail, etc.  This is fucking with the fabric of our democracy.  In another life, we used to take people like this out back and beat the shit out of 'em.  But they're too high profile now.  

3 hours ago, safe sex said:

But how can you be in good standing after lying in your capacity as a lawyer? Especially considering the egregious and dangerous nature of her lies?

Know what happens if I make a serious med error? I am immediately put on suspension pending an investigation and peer-review, and i will lose my license if found at fault. In some instances, this also includes jail time.

There is a critical shortage of nurses throughout the country. I feel like we could stand to lose a few really shitty lawyers who abuse and lie to the legal system

Careful, twice and gator will be along shortly to explain to us dumbasses how the legal system does a great job at policing its own.

13 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

But she can’t be disbarred because there is no proof she lied.

Part of what I'm telling you dimbulbs is, see, she admitted she lied and not even in the context of a lawsuit and she barely gets her peepee whacked.  A sternly worded letter.  A strenuous objection.

At least SBOT was going for the gusto.  And may yet.

Edited by TwiceHorn

21 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Part of what I'm telling you dimbulbs is, see, she admitted she lied and not even in the context of a lawsuit and she barely gets her peepee whacked.

Last week it was "Pee pees aren't getting whacked because it's very difficult to prove someone lied."

This week, crazy cunt admits she lied yet no pee pee whacks.  You point out it's flaws with the system but nothing can be done.

We point out, "No fucking shit it's flaws with the system.  This system sucks by allowing outright treason."  But we're being unreasonable.

Yeah, Trump would never accept anything of value from a dictatorial American adversary.

Hey Steve, remember that time you swindled millions from MAGA donors who thought they were contributing to build a wall but their money went right into your pockets instead? Remember that? Why aren’t you in jail?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, brown water said:

As a parent of a special needs child I find it offensive to cite scripture on how my child should be disciplined.  I find it equally offensive when applied to my child without special needs. Fuck everyone whose world view can’t extend beyond their belief system. 

It's the cruelty.  That's the point.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

That had to be one of the best moments of that host’s life.  That dumb cunt goes “it’s hard to explain in a 15 second sound bite”, and the host goes “oh we have more time” LMAO feed me that shit by the bowlful nom nom nom nom nom.  I love watching idiots realize they are fucking idiots in real time, regardless of which side of the aisle they are on.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

That’s not YouTube. It’s not Twitter. You can’t embed Instagram. What’s the source on that and how did you get it to embed? Just pasting the link, I presume, but I can’t tell where it’s from. Where it’s hosted. I don’t even get a preview. I don’t know about everyone else but all I see is the little triangular play button sitting in empty space. I’ve seen these videos getting posted but I don’t know where they’re from and I’m curious.

I took a look at freedomnews.tv but all the videos I’ve seen posted there are from YouTube. What am I missing?

Also, fuck those weirdos.