The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Brace for the next GOP disinformation campaign:

According to Claremont, since 2020, SVB pledged / contributed over $73 million to the BLM movement, while JP Morgan Chase pledged / contributed over $30 BILLION.  (BLM Funding Database - The American Way of Life (claremont.org) - surprise, surprise, they're not really showing their work on coming up with those numbers.) Fox / NY Post / Breitbart and their smooth-brained followers are amplifying the shit out of this, making it sound like these were cash donations to BLM or something.  Nope, has nothing to do with the dismantling of regulation intended to avoid exactly what happened, it's all because "woke management at SVB wants to give all yer money to that colored fella over thar ..."

• Rage+1 1

28 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Can't wait for DeSantis to stammer through the "what does woke mean" question.  He's like the basketball player that can only has one move.  

Then again, we all know that "woke" doesn't really mean anything but is a dog whistle.

We’ve seen that it’s come to be a catch-all term for anything the right opposes. A label to attach to anything they don’t like. The collapse of SVB? Woke. Doing something about climate change? That’s woke. Maybe we could say that woke is the new wack. 

13 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That’s not YouTube. It’s not Twitter. You can’t embed Instagram. What’s the source on that and how did you get it to embed? Just pasting the link, I presume, but I can’t tell where it’s from. Where it’s hosted. I don’t even get a preview. I don’t know about everyone else but all I see is the little triangular play button sitting in empty space. I’ve seen these videos getting posted but I don’t know where they’re from and I’m curious.

I took a look at freedomnews.tv but all the videos I’ve seen posted there are from YouTube. What am I missing?

Also, fuck those weirdos. 

I found it in YouTube in case anyone wants to bookmark it. I’m just curious about the source of some of these new videos I’m seeing posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZDPK38xjuc

14 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

We’ve seen that it’s come to be a catch-all term for anything the right opposes. A label to attach to anything they don’t like. The collapse of SVB? Woke. Doing something about climate change? That’s woke. Maybe we could say that woke is the new wack. 

They co-opted the phrase and turned it into a pejorative without ever knowing its long history. Because of course they did.

18 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I can't watch these.  It's too cringy.  I already know they are idiots, I don't need to watch them be idiots.  It's just depressing.

it's short and it goes exactly how you'd imagine. the second you ask these sentient tree stumps to define something their brain short circuits and if there was a god their head would explode. but instead, this guy (amazingly) admitted he didn't know what CRT was his head unceremoniously did not explode

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Critical Race Theory and Woke are two words they use to mean black. They can't explain it because they don't want people to know they're super racist, at least not on TV

CRT for sure.  I think woke also encompasses any kind of minority they find icky.  Blacks, gays, jews, etc.

57 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

CRT for sure.  I think woke also encompasses any kind of minority they find icky.  Blacks, gays, jews, etc.

It started that way. Now it means anything the Democrats are for, and that means they’re against it, and that means it’s “woke.”

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Gap03 said:

Brace for the next GOP disinformation campaign:

According to Claremont, since 2020, SVB pledged / contributed over $73 million to the BLM movement, while JP Morgan Chase pledged / contributed over $30 BILLION.  (BLM Funding Database - The American Way of Life (claremont.org) - surprise, surprise, they're not really showing their work on coming up with those numbers.) Fox / NY Post / Breitbart and their smooth-brained followers are amplifying the shit out of this, making it sound like these were cash donations to BLM or something.  Nope, has nothing to do with the dismantling of regulation intended to avoid exactly what happened, it's all because "woke management at SVB wants to give all yer money to that colored fella over thar ..."

I spy a lot of the bullshit in the accompanying Newsweek article, viz.:

Companies and corporations pledged or contributed an astonishing $82.9 billion to the BLM movement and related causes (huh?). This includes more than $123 million to the BLM parent organizations directly. Dafuq?

A couple of examples are JPMorgan Chase—whose $30 billion "Racial Equity Commitment" includes billions in targeted investments to "close the racial wealth gap"—and Microsoft—whose $244 million in pledges includes a $250,000 contribution to the Minnesota Freedom Fund, a bail fund for BLM rioters.  Whoops, that ain't 30B to BLM.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Wow:

Probably a Qanon idiot.  My in-law said something similar, about how Putin is standing up for Christianity, against the gays, etc.

It's the dumbest fucking thing I've probably heard out of the Qanon contingent, and that includes the idiocy around Oprah and Tom Hanks draining little kids of their fluids so that they can stay young.

When you can't convince most Americans an election was stolen and you have little faith in your ability to win future ones, just be a traitor and renounce democracy and America.

https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/politics/young-federalist-society-members-spout-radical-new-theories-at-alarming-gathering-report/ar-AA18KHIR?ocid=sapphireappshare

• Rage+1 3

A relative is upset that Disney is releasing a new Peter Pan movie next month on Disney+, Peter Pan and Wendy, and Peter Pan is Asian, and there are Black girls amongst the Lost Boys (which the trailer mentions).  This woman doesn't subscribe to Disney+ or any streaming service, and Disney is not getting rid of any of the previous 5 or 10 Peter Pan movies that are out there, including their own versions.

She was not pleased that I thanked her because I didn't know there was a new movie coming out, and told her that my kids liked the looks of this one and will happily watch it.

It's stunning how much of a snowflake a lot of these people are turning into.  I'm sure Tucker Carlson will have a segment on "woke" Peter Pan when it comes out next month, and he'll get a bunch of 60- and 70-somethings who don't subscribe to Disney+ upset about it.

Fucking pathetic.  I'd make a joke that the Republicans used to be upset about bigger things, like what the Soviets are doing, but now they defend Russia, so...

No Idea Idk GIF by DefyTV

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

A relative is upset that Disney is releasing a new Peter Pan movie next month on Disney+, Peter Pan and Wendy, and Peter Pan is Asian, and there are Black girls amongst the Lost Boys (which the trailer mentions).  This woman doesn't subscribe to Disney+ or any streaming service, and Disney is not getting rid of any of the previous 5 or 10 Peter Pan movies that are out there, including their own versions.

She was not pleased that I thanked her because I didn't know there was a new movie coming out, and told her that my kids liked the looks of this one and will happily watch it.

It's stunning how much of a snowflake a lot of these people are turning into.  I'm sure Tucker Carlson will have a segment on "woke" Peter Pan when it comes out next month, and he'll get a bunch of 60- and 70-somethings who don't subscribe to Disney+ upset about it.

Fucking pathetic.  I'd make a joke that the Republicans used to be upset about bigger things, like what the Soviets are doing, but now they defend Russia, so...

No Idea Idk GIF by DefyTV

Peter Pan is a boy. Did they have a problem with Sandy Duncan playing that role for years on Broadway?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

When J.M. Barrie developed his novel, Peter Pan, into the play the part was played by a woman even then.  A later play, The Boy David, was written to be played by a female as well.

I do consider it interesting when folks get upset about new productions changing elements. If Americans (in particular) were more aware of theater productions or arts and humanities in general, they would know this is not uncommon. I understand being sentimental about specific works, but unless there is some sort of legal issue/copyright/what have you, it is the changing nature of things over time. Fairy tales change, people take works and create new elements and stories and the world keeps on turning. Heck, how many different versions of the Bible are there? If each Bible is the word of God, then how is it the words and meanings have changed over time?

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 2