The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Yeah Ricky is just a couple years older than me.  I remember as a kid watching Silver Spoons and there was a scene where he took off his shirt and 14 year old me found religion.  Then he became a reprehensible piece of shit and aged well past his actual years.  Current me is a hard hard pass.

12 year old me prayed that Erin Gray would take off her shirt, so I kind of know what you mean.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Kevin long passed Joseph, so he's making an attempt to set an unbreakable record for shitty McCarthys.

An underrated part of McCarthy going full Trumpkin is he's from Bakersfield, which is one of the Trumpiest parts of the country.

On 5/13/2021 at 10:20 AM, Sawbonz said:

And yet they literally had a chance to intervene for a right wing president and didn’t. How much would you be willing to bet that the winner of the most EV in 2024 is sworn in in Jan 25 without the military being involved 

If the republicans control the house and the senate during the next presidential election, a democrat will not be sworn in as president, regardless of the EC or popular vote. Full stop.

At which point there are two possibilities:

The military doesn't intervene and the republican coup is complete and democracy is done in the USA,

or

the military intervenes and democracy is done in the USA.

Bookmark this post, and if I'm wrong in 2025, I'll admit it and you can taunt me mercilessly.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

4 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

If the republicans control the house and the senate during the next presidential election, a democrat will not be sworn in as president, regardless of the EC or popular vote. Full stop.

At which point there are two possibilities:

The military doesn't intervene and the republican coup is complete and democracy is done in the USA,

or

the military intervenes and democracy is done in the USA.

Bookmark this post, and if I'm wrong in 2025, I'll admit it and you can taunt me mercilessly.

I believe this to be 100% accurate. 

SIAP, but has this been discussed? Missouri saw Mississippi was stealing their oxygen on disenfranchising voters so this guy decides to run for senate? He's going to do what exactly? Wave a gun at "hordes" of *checks notes* people casually walking through a neighborhood and think that somehow makes your delusions real?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I am still baffled by how much house you can get in Saint Louis for under $2.0mm.

Also, they got that house cheaper because he sued for it.  It's a crazy story if you have time to read it. Upon graduating from SMU, this man's life has been nothing but lawsuits. Sues his family, other attorneys, neighbors. He's a conman but with some skills. Perfect for the Senate.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/the-st-louis-couple-charged-with-waving-guns-at-protesters-have-a-long-history-of/article_281d9989-373e-53c3-abcb-ecd0225dd287.amp.html

He'll be running against Greitens I believe. That's a whole nother level of crap right there.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Also, they got that house cheaper because he sued for it.  It's a crazy story if you have time to read it. Upon graduating from SMU, this man's life has been nothing but lawsuits. Sues his family, other attorneys, neighbors. He's a conman but with some skills. Perfect for the Senate.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/the-st-louis-couple-charged-with-waving-guns-at-protesters-have-a-long-history-of/article_281d9989-373e-53c3-abcb-ecd0225dd287.amp.html

He'll be running against Greitens I believe. That's a whole nother level of crap right there.

The wastewater treatment plant is too good for that Missouri Senate primary. 

The people that study this for a living--the experts, so to speak, have been warning about this for quite some time, pre-pandemic, pre-sedition. One could argue that since the experts make their living from this subject that they are keeping themselves in business. But that argument falls flat when one realizes that most sane individuals such as these experts do not want to live in an autocracy or a fascist dictatorship or a nation that is engaged in civil war.

Sadly, however, a lot of people who walk around America have a romanticized view of what this type of regime would be like, especially because they know they might be considered one of the 'in' groups. They are not such good students. They are not long-term thinkers. What they are, however, is an increasingly powerful minority of authoritarian loving, violence loving adherents. The time to be nice to them when they misbehave is over. Get democratic ideals front and center and enforce those. If the GQP doesn't want to play, then don't allow them to form coalitions, don't allow them to obstruct, and don't allow them to frame the discussion, or this will go as Robert Reich suggested.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

In shocking news, the party of attacking democracy doesn't want to investigate said attacks. 

Equally shocking is the democrats plan for it to be a bi-partisan commission with 5 members from each party.
-they still won't get Republican support
-if somehow they did get it passed, the 5 republican member would seize the spotlight and supeona powers to distract and gaslight. Reopen Benghazi! Investigate Antifa! Both sides!

FFS one party encouraged insurrection. You don't invite them to investigate themselves. The stupid hurts
  • Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Equally shocking is the democrats plan for it to be a bi-partisan commission with 5 members from each party.
-they still won't get Republican support
-if somehow they did get it passed, the 5 republican member would seize the spotlight and supeona powers to distract and gaslight. Reopen Benghazi! Investigate Antifa! Both sides!

FFS one party encouraged insurrection. You don't invite them to investigate themselves. The stupid hurts

yeah, hopefully this was the Dems one and only attempt to try to reach a compromise. The gloves are off. I hope they realize it.

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

yeah, hopefully this was the Dems one and only attempt to try to reach a compromise. The gloves are off. I hope they realize it.

The GOP already tried to have them killed and they didn’t realize it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

When you understand that McCarthy and McConnell are literally members of a terrorist organization, it all makes perfect sense.

They SUPPORT the violent overthrow of the Constitutional Republic.  So this position is consistent with that fact.

• Hook 'Em 3

Is this for real? Apparently so. How odd.

Also, that Pence story could be straight out of the Bible.

"Mike, you should've offered yourself up to the seditionists. You remember the parables. How can anyone enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can plunder his house. Whoever is not with me is against me"

"I know Greg, I know. I am but a weak man. Trying to do His will."

"You mean Trump's will, right Mike? Cause that's who we're talking about here."

*Sorry for the blasphemy of the good book, but this entire story is unbelievable.