The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

So, yesterday I drew the short straw and received a two-paged double sided letter form plea from Ronna McDaniel, the RNC Chairwoman asking me to fill out a survey (also included) and donate to "help re-elect President Trump" yada yada yada. The survey lacks room for me to properly express my dismay in the GOP although it does have a nice example of how to properly fill it out (since it will likely be computer scanned). I am contemplating writing across it in Sharpie and sending it back, but am also considering fill it out in all seriousness. Or, I could go all psy-ops and fill it out as a Trumpkin and give them a sense of security so they don't spend any  money in Texas. The GOP is no longer a party I can support based on their convictions or lack thereof.

Did any of you receive one of these? Toss it in the trash? It will cost me a stamp so I have to consider my pain and suffering.

9 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

So, yesterday I drew the short straw and received a two-paged double sided letter form plea from Ronna McDaniel, the RNC Chairwoman asking me to fill out a survey (also included) and donate to "help re-elect President Trump" yada yada yada. The survey lacks room for me to properly express my dismay in the GOP although it does have a nice example of how to properly fill it out (since it will likely be computer scanned). I am contemplating writing across it in Sharpie and sending it back, but am also considering fill it out in all seriousness. Or, I could go all psy-ops and fill it out as a Trumpkin and give them a sense of security so they don't spend any  money in Texas. The GOP is no longer a party I can support based on their convictions or lack thereof.

Did any of you receive one of these? Toss it in the trash? It will cost me a stamp so I have to consider my pain and suffering.

you could, oh, I don't know...scan it and post it somewhere and let potentially thousands of people taint the survey.

10 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Cowards/Traitors/Cunts

It appears their strategy is to stay silent.  If the House pushes impeachment through, they'll acquit Trump and then say they've been quiet b/c it was all much ado about nothing.  And the public will buy it.  And Trump will use his war chest to overwhelm the Dem message.  And, through that and election fraud, he'll get reelected.  And then run again in 2024.

We're done. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

It appears their strategy is to stay silent.  If the House pushes impeachment through, they'll acquit Trump and then say they've been quiet b/c it was all much ado about nothing.  And the public will buy it.  And Trump will use his war chest to overwhelm the Dem message.  And, through that and election fraud, he'll get reelected.  And then run again in 2024.

We're done. 

I agree. They also have nothing to gain in terms of exposure if they speak up. I have been reading around, and this article here outlines some of their entanglements, many of which you are probably aware of, but these guys have been sticking their fingers in a lot of Russian pies. The article is way too long to post in its entirety, so I will just post the link:

http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/news/2019/oct/02/mississippi-lobbyists-associates-thick-trumps-ukra/

12 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I assume Mitch McConnell is ok with a Dem President asking China to investigate his wife and her close ties to her dad’s shipping company?  Dangerous precedent to set on this...

Oh yes, let me just say, the Dems will be big fat losers if they win the Presidency and the Senate and keep the House and don't put all these corrupt shitbags immediately on trial. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Oh yes, let me just say, the Dems will be big fat losers if they win the Presidency and the Senate and keep the House and don't put all these corrupt shitbags immediately on trial. 

You know how this will go.  They won’t do shit for fear they could lose the House or Senate.  It’s the same way they’ve been behaving up until the whistleblower.  

They are going to sweep everything under the rug in the election if they win, in the name of “bringing the country together”.

SAD! 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

11 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

See, we have to investigate any and all foreign business dealings of the family members of a past member of the executive branch, so that we can protect the duly-elected president who [checks notes] has numerous ongoing foreign business dealings and whose family members are actively engaged in favorable business dealings with numerous foreign powers.

See, it all makes sense.  Family members of the executive branch shouldn't have any business dealings with any foreign power, except it's totally cool for family members of the executive branch having extensive business dealings with several foreign powers.  Got it?

• Like 1

Well, it isn't a bit ironic that in our sports mad culture where there are clear winners and losers (and if you're not first you're last) we are discussing politics on a sports-themed message board. One of my children's teachers had a saying on her public social media espousing that there is no such thing as compromise. That to give any ground was losing.

If you ever troll through public social media accounts of coaches, trainers, 7v7 personnel, players, and all the hangers-on it is nothing but war, grit, grinding, and battle. Lions, tigers, bears, sand crabs, they all have to win or they are losers. (note-I understand the positives of athletics, but sport has changed over time, not all for the better)

I love sports, but sometimes I wish they weren't such a spectacle in our country.

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Well, it isn't a bit ironic that in our sports mad culture where there are clear winners and losers (and if you're not first you're last) we are discussing politics on a sports-themed message board. One of my children's teachers had a saying on her public social media espousing that there is no such thing as compromise. That to give any ground was losing.

If you ever troll through public social media accounts of coaches, trainers, 7v7 personnel, players, and all the hangers-on it is nothing but war, grit, grinding, and battle. Lions, tigers, bears, sand crabs, they all have to win or they are losers. (note-I understand the positives of athletics, but sport has changed over time, not all for the better)

I love sports, but sometimes I wish they weren't such a spectacle in our country.

It's actually fascinating.  We have so lost our sense of community and the commonwealth.  The very traits that de Tocqueville observed as being the things that....yes, made America great...are now loathed.  We have created a high church of the individual, and for one to win, someone else must lose.  Hell, look at how Trump views all relationships -- with people, our allies, etc. -- they are entirely transactional, and they are zero-sum.  For the US to win anything, someone else must lose.  There is no such thing as a a mutually beneficial relationship.

That may be the most broken aspect of our culture.  We are all in this alone.  We are lonely and getting lonelier.  And the only path for me to be happy?  Someone else must suffer.  Fuck, that's some broken shit.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's actually fascinating.  We have so lost our sense of community and the commonwealth.  The very traits that de Tocqueville observed as being the things that....yes, made America great...are now loathed.  We have created a high church of the individual, and for one to win, someone else must lose.  Hell, look at how Trump views all relationships -- with people, our allies, etc. -- they are entirely transactional, and they are zero-sum.  For the US to win anything, someone else must lose.  There is no such thing as a a mutually beneficial relationship.

That may be the most broken aspect of our culture.  We are all in this alone.  We are lonely and getting lonelier.  And the only path for me to be happy?  Someone else must suffer.  Fuck, that's some broken shit.

This is the result that pure capitalism drives toward. I often wonder if we would have gotten here sooner if not for Teddy and then two world wars. 

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is the result that pure capitalism drives toward. I often wonder if we would have gotten here sooner if not for Teddy and then two world wars. 

That reminds me, get your flu shot if you haven't already.

(Since you all are mostly fellows, I will explain to you how that statement was derived. My spouse is used to it.) WWI>Flu pandemic of 1918>lives lost>anti-vaxxers>flu shots become available in October.

@Biff Tannenthe foreign policy betrayal is the wrinkle I should have foreseen, but didn't. Certainly the signs have been there going back thirty years. And Bill Barr. What was his mother thinking? Second oldest child. She could have steered him toward medical school. Instead we get him cutting his teeth on Iran Contra and helping with the wholesale: 'a pardon for you and a pardon for you, everybody gets a pardon'. Now he's gearing up for the sequel.

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

What’ll it be Mr. Torrance? 

I’m awfully glad you asked me that Lloyd. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It's been conditioned in a lot of people that they are special and that their failures are because of someone else. They just need a finger pointed in any direction. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

It's been conditioned in a lot of people that they are special and that their failures are because of someone else. They just need a finger pointed in any direction. 

The Conway article goes directly at this.

The lack of empathy is a feature, not a bug. It is never ever the narcissist's fault. 

13 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Haha! I did as well. Austin office. That's two.

Same here, and Cruz.  I may get a BS, totally non-related canned response.  They must have 3rd graders answering constituent's concerns.  I always ask for a response...seldom get one....but at least they know all voters here in Texas, do not like their lack of action.

I spent an half hour with some people who I assume all did/will vote for trump. All good people that work hard, care about their family, friends, etc. Sounds like they spend zero time watching Fox News or reading trumps twitter feed. They think the ultra Trump fans are just as weird as anyone does. They rarely discuss politics. Based on these rare comments they seem to perceive trump as a moron but they believe in trumps main message of America first, more jobs, and less illegal immigration. 

i know some comments to my posts are that these people are idiots for not caring about the bigger picture but they are a reason why trump can still easily win. There’s not much Dems can do to change their minds because they’re not listening.  They’re not listening to the Dem message and really not listening to trump. They have a good paycheck coming in, and the govt leaves them alone. 

they live their live, quietly identify as GOP and regularly vote.  They’re the reason that trump and Cruz win.  It’s not the crackpots that stand in line at trump rallies for 10 hours. It’s the non-political people that the gop won years ago. Now why did trump win and not McCain or Romney?  It’s a good question but perhaps Obama was just a force of nature that couldn’t be stopped.

• Like 2

There is a recession quietly standing in the corner, but the timing of when it decides to come forward to speak is uncertain. Barclay's is hedging at 30% in the next 12 months (CNBC) and pinning some of that on consumer spending in the next few months. I have zero background in that field, but as a rank novice, that seems a bit awkward because the next tariffs due to hit are for Dec 15 correct? So it would seem that anyone with half a brain will up their spending prior to that (for the holidays). Wouldn't that give a false impression? Like I said, I am a know-nothing regarding that topic, but I love to learn stuff so if someone has a low level explanation, I'm ready to read.

But back to the voters, I see some folks like you described @Nice Guy Eddie and I think if their standard of living/bank account starts to drop, they will begin to notice. The problem is to whom will they pay attention?

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Now why did trump win and not McCain or Romney?  It’s a good question but perhaps Obama was just a force of nature that couldn’t be stopped.

It had everything to do with HRC being a lousy candidate that couldn't rally the Dems to vote.

I've posted this article before - it's about Wisconsin but could probably be applied to PA and Michigan and perhaps other states as well:

https://www.wiscontext.org/how-and-where-trump-won-wisconsin-2016

Also this:

I spent an half hour with some people who I assume all did/will vote for trump. All good people that work hard, care about their family, friends, etc. Sounds like they spend zero time watching Fox News or reading trumps twitter feed. They think the ultra Trump fans are just as weird as anyone does. They rarely discuss politics. Based on these rare comments they seem to perceive trump as a moron but they believe in trumps main message of America first, more jobs, and less illegal immigration. 

i know some comments to my posts are that these people are idiots for not caring about the bigger picture but they are a reason why trump can still easily win. There’s not much Dems can do to change their minds because they’re not listening.  They’re not listening to the Dem message and really not listening to trump. They have a good paycheck coming in, and the govt leaves them alone. 

they live their live, quietly identify as GOP and regularly vote.  They’re the reason that trump and Cruz win.  It’s not the crackpots that stand in line at trump rallies for 10 hours. It’s the non-political people that the gop won years ago. Now why did trump win and not McCain or Romney?  It’s a good question but perhaps Obama was just a force of nature that couldn’t be stopped.

Lot of troof in this.  It's going to be difficult for 99% of this forum to understand, but the vast majority of Americans DON'T spend every waking moment checking their twitter feed or watching cable news (be it FNC or MSNBC) or obsessing about what's happened in the last 10 minutes in the DC beltway.

At work, nobody's talking about Trump or impeachment.  With my neighbors, nobody's talking about Trump or impeachment.  That's why I don't get this sense of impending civil war no matter the outcome next year, but we'll see what happens in 2020 I guess.  Sure, you got your nutjobs like that Ceasar guy with the Trump van or the guy who shot Scalise, but most of the people aren't looking for the next outrage for a call to arms.

16 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Lot of troof in this.  It's going to be difficult for 99% of this forum to understand, but the vast majority of Americans DON'T spend every waking moment checking their twitter feed or watching cable news (be it FNC or MSNBC) or obsessing about what's happened in the last 10 minutes in the DC beltway.

At work, nobody's talking about Trump or impeachment.  With my neighbors, nobody's talking about Trump or impeachment.  That's why I don't get this sense of impending civil war no matter the outcome next year, but we'll see what happens in 2020 I guess.  Sure, you got your nutjobs like that Ceasar guy with the Trump van or the guy who shot Scalise, but most of the people aren't looking for the next outrage for a call to arms.

The people who are blissfully carrying on while a complete piece of shit is ruining our country are worse than the Trumpkins themselves. This shit matters and people need to start paying attention.

One of the biggest scumbag moves that Moscow Mitch made was blocking the bill that would have made election day a national holiday. Indefensible. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

A lot of what's wrong in our politics and interactions with others can be summed up in this statement.

those who make the conscious decision to support racists, felons, and traitors need to be called out for what and who they are. 

we are well past the point where it is acceptable for anyone to hide behind the "one issue voter" or "likes paying lower taxes" or "doesn't pay enough attention to politics" or "is brainwashed by Fox" excuses for supporting treason and the subversion of democracy, and people need to stop giving them a pass.  

too bad if that offends you.  

• Like 5

Reading this, Andrew Marshall's famous quote runs through my head:
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

8 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

those who make the conscious decision to support racists, felons, and traitors need to be called out for what and who they are. 

we are well past the point where it is acceptable for anyone to hide behind the "one issue voter" or "likes paying lower taxes" or "doesn't pay enough attention to politics" or "is brainwashed by Fox" excuses for supporting treason and the subversion of democracy, and people need to stop giving them a pass.  

too bad if that offends you.  

No offense taken - I understand where you're coming from.  But, and I can only speak for me, it is going to be impossible for me to "call out" or cut off all ties with anybody and everybody who supports or votes for Trump.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

But back to the voters, I see some folks like you described @Nice Guy Eddie and I think if their standard of living/bank account starts to drop, they will begin to notice. The problem is to whom will they pay attention?

Farmers are seeing their bank accounts and lifestyles threatened, and plenty still support him.   They are fools.  

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult