The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

11 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

The Sunday shows would be so much better if the host could shock the guest, or release attack dogs, even dump bags of novelty goop. At least then there might be a moment of hesitation before they start lying and you can only see a shadow where the soul used to be.

right now Trump is making Republicans eat shit while claiming it's anything but.  They would have no problem with novelty goop. 

right now Trump is making Republicans eat shit while claiming it's anything but.  They would have no problem with novelty goop. 

What was that show on Nickelodeon ? It had goop. Dropped from the ceiling. I swear that show made me laugh so hard as a preteen. The firing squad scenes were my favorite.

What was that show on Nickelodeon ? It had goop. Dropped from the ceiling. I swear that show made me laugh so hard as a preteen. The firing squad scenes were my favorite.

You can’t do that on television. Was definitely a fan
  • Like 3

Remember back when people were all riled up because Kapernick knelt during the National Anthem?  And people were all up in arms because of flag burning?  And they were all like move if you don't respect it!  Those were the days.  Now they can cut up the Constitution and conspire with foreign governments.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Grandioso said:

From that NYT article. 

JFC. I.e., The more ignorant you are, the more likely you support killing people based on your own ignorant fucking opinions. 

This is very similar to anti-vaxxers (and other science-ignorant people): the less they know about science, the more convinced they are about their own scientific views.

54 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

This is very similar to anti-vaxxers (and other science-ignorant people): the less they know about science, the more convinced they are about their own scientific views.

Yeats:  The best lack or conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. 

I have been scrolling through not quite all of the Senators public twitter accounts over the weekend whenever I had a free moment. I should have written it down and may go back and do that because it is pretty obvious that the GOP has told everyone to either make an official statement essentially saying the Democrats are keeping us from passing important legislation or two only tweet/retweet puff pieces.

This statement by Graham today regarding Syria joins Romney's criticism as one of the few. They have all borrowed shells from Turtle and are hunkered down waiting instruction. They still have the numbers, but I wonder if someone can get the Colorado guy to crack?

It really is amazing how cowardly the GOP is. Trump is such a fucking joke and they won't dare criticize him. Imagine if a brutal Stalinesque leader were in office. They'd cheerfully help build the "enemies of the state" internment camps with their own hands. 

Edited by Grandioso
  • Like 1

Answer to his question: when you vote to confirm a guy who was only nominated because he took the view that sitting presidents cannot be indicted to the Supreme Court. Donald Trump cannot be described as an authoritarian unless people in the Congress allow and enable him to, and that’s precisely what Jeff Flake did. If ever there was a US Senator with a more appropriate last name, I’ve never heard of such a person.
Takin Oliver Bribes agrees

1 hour ago, F250 said:

What is wrong with these people?

It appears to be rapidly evolving into an existential crisis: the America we have known versus the one they want. Basically, lines are being drawn in the sand.

Not sure how else that sort of statement can be interpreted nor what the repercussions might actually be. I guess it depends on how far they're really willing to go.

What is wrong with these people? [/url]

They’re willfully ignorant and simply gross?

8a51417816760f93a9de158977e70f25.jpg

392ed9b739662bda4a195db1a2d03164.jpg

And who’s this Tarquin the Proud?

Ancient accounts of the regal period mingle history and legend. Tarquin was said to have been the son or grandson of Lucius Tarquinius Priscus, the fifth king of Rome, and to have gained the throne through the murders of both his wife and his elder brother, followed by the assassination of his predecessor, Servius Tullius. His reign is described as a tyranny that justified the abolition of the monarchy.

Tarquin commenced his reign by refusing to bury the dead Servius, and then putting to death a number of leading senators, whom he suspected of remaining loyal to Servius. By not replacing the slain senators, and not consulting the senate on matters of government, he diminished both the size and the authority of the senate. In another break with tradition, Tarquin judged capital crimes without the advice of counselors, causing fear amongst those who might think to oppose him.

Oh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

This is exactly what they want. Anyone remember the 2012 postmortem?  They looked at the analysis that said the only viable path forward was inclusiveness, and a toning down of the then implicit racist messaging.

They said fuck that, elected Donald Trump, and sold most of what they allegedly believed in for a few extra bucks. 

They know the long term consequences. They know the only way to stem the tide is rigging the system.

• Like 2

so i'm just back to work today after taking the family to the coast for a long weekend.

there was a reunion for some class of 1963 in the place where we stayed, so there were quite a few old white people there.

our neighbor upstairs hung a big trump/pence 2020 banner from their balcony. even on vacation i cannot get away from the lunacy.

who the actual fuck brings their politics to the beach with them?

trump supporters. republicans. jesus christ, just a beating, all of them.

26 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

so i'm just back to work today after taking the family to the coast for a long weekend.

there was a reunion for some class of 1963 in the place where we stayed, so there were quite a few old white people there.

our neighbor upstairs hung a big trump/pence 2020 banner from their balcony. even on vacation i cannot get away from the lunacy.

who the actual fuck brings their politics to the beach with them?

trump supporters. republicans. jesus christ, just a beating, all of them.

Yeah....we were down at the coast this summer, at a beach that draws a pretty mixed-race crowd, and some asshole redneck did their setup with tents and whatnot, and flew a big-ass Trump 2020 flag.

WTF?  Why?  I've been going to the beach etc. my whole damned life.  Never once can I recall seeing ANY "candidate' flag or banner flying (I mean, maybe an advertising plane flew over with a "Vote for X" banner or something, I dunno).  Ever.  This is not about political beliefs.  Their very identity is completely wrapped up in their cult.  And the display it not out of pride, but out of goading a reaction -- sweet libtears and whatnot. 

It's the difference between people who wear their team colors on game day, and people who purposefully put on as much of their team gear as possible and wear it on the opposing team's turf.  I mean, we have all seen that one dumbass aggy who, upon having the call to spend an evening in Austin out having drinks, puts on his Aggy jersey, his Aggy hat, and yells "WHOOP!" in the bar anytime something happens that he likes, as he's thinking "yeah, suck it T-sips -- wanna fight me?!"  It's just fucking pathetic.

7 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Happened to us at Port A on the beach also this year.  Rednecks next to us had a Trump flag on their golf cart.

A couple years back around the election, galveston beach was nothing but confederate battle flags, thin blue lines, and MAGA flags. That's been happening for a while lol

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult