The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Mapache said:

GOP...the party of evil, corrupt, spineless white motherfuckers. Those are the exact words that come to mind when I see them spewing their bullshit on the news shows. 

Not satisfied with bankrupting their personal businesses and the country, they’ve now completely declared moral and mental bankruptcy to deal the deal.

56 minutes ago, Xian said:

Eh. I’m not going to lose sleep over a wife beater being deported. I would much rather spend energy helping the kids locked in changes and general law abiding dreamers. 

Fuck that shit. This is a dude who served two tours for us and got fucked in the head for it. We owe it to him to try to rehabilitate him and not cast him aside. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Fuck that shit. This is a dude who served two tours for us and got fucked in the head for it. We owe it to him to try to rehabilitate him and not cast him aside. 

Sorry. I know a few veterans with documented ptsd. It’s not a valid excuse for wife beating. 

Edited by Xian

1 hour ago, Xian said:

Sorry. I know a few veterans with documented ptsd. It’s not a valid excuse for wife beating. 

I feel like you actually don't know much about this. If the man committed an act that he likely would have never committed had he never been to a war zone, then he still must account for a crime, but we owe it to him to help get him as right as he can be. 

Assault outside of self-defense is rarely something to be excused. Abandoning war veterans who pay prices we don't like to think about is always inexcusable. 

Your analysis is simplistic in my humble opinion.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 9:44 AM, Js1 said:

Torbush 

Oh somebody should tell Aunt Lindsey that lynching IS American, so much so that they made a song about it and the sheer terror of being murdered by mobs at a whim forced millions of black people to migrate from the south to the north. 

http://www.monroeworktoday.org/explore/
A map of lynchings through the US from 1836 - 1964.

Orange represents black victims
Yellow - Hispanics
Red - Asian
Pink - Native Americans
Green - White

Trump being held accountable for his actions through a Congressional inquiry is anything but a lynching. He's still living, breathing and being an overall POS. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

This comment from below his tweet:

No, we just assume that with all of the GOP hypocrisy, conspiracy theories, lawlessness, and pact with the devil they've made while pounding on their Bibles that they'll, at some point or another, self-combust.

• Like 1

Kevin Kruse tweeted something similar the other day as Slade's map.  I spot checked the one thing I knew about:  the largest mass lynching in US history was about 5 miles from where I grew up.  Confederates lynched 41 Union sympathizers.  Not on either of those maps.  Don't know what the means, but it is odd.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Hanging_at_Gainesville

8 hours ago, Slade said:

Oh somebody should tell Aunt Lindsey that lynching IS American, so much so that they made a song about it and the sheer terror of being murdered by mobs at a whim forced millions of black people to migrate from the south to the north. 

http://www.monroeworktoday.org/explore/
A map of lynchings through the US from 1836 - 1964.

Orange represents black victims
Yellow - Hispanics
Red - Asian
Pink - Native Americans
Green - White

Trump being held accountable for his actions through a Congressional inquiry is anything but a lynching. He's still living, breathing and being an overall POS. 

That somebody could also point out that the precious few green dots (white people lynched) were because the white person who was lynched was somehow being nice to a black person (hiring them to work in a hotel, defending a black woman from being beaten, enrolling blacks to vote, etc) or had dissed the Klan.

So, yeah, both sides.

• Like 1

He’s about to fuck up some Black and Latin lives in Kentucky 

That’s what I don’t get. Ideology aside...we’re going to have to deal with clueless, incompetent judges on run-of-the-mill cases - not abortion, or other hot issues - for decades. Why? What’s the fucking point? Truly, all I can come up with is “BECAUSE FUCK YOU AMERICA, THAT’S WHY!!!”
Again, set big political issues aside, why in the fuck is it a GOOD thing to put an unqualified idiot on the bench?
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

That’s what I don’t get. Ideology aside...we’re going to have to deal with clueless, incompetent judges on run-of-the-mill cases - not abortion, or other hot issues - for decades. Why? What’s the fucking point? Truly, all I can come up with is “BECAUSE FUCK YOU AMERICA, THAT’S WHY!!!”
Again, set big political issues aside, why in the fuck is it a GOOD thing to put an unqualified idiot on the bench?

It’s not but he’s a member of the federalist society and that is literally the only thing the court packing republicans care about. 

Rushing through as many young white male federalist society members to lifetime appointments on the federal bench is priority 1A to the Republican Party right now and there is no number 2, and that includes saving trumps sorry ass as he’s just a useful idiot to them. 

• Like 1

Spotted on the list of attendees at the Booball game last night was the GOP's own John Ratcliffe, congressman from Texas and member of the House Intelligence Committee. He is also a member of the Ethics Committee. Wow, John, that must be severe torsion for the old neural network. Ah well, just have your usual brain fart and you'll feel better soon. After all, once you've lied to everyone about arresting 300 illegal aliens in a single day, lied about prosecuting a group charged with funding Hamas bombers, and lied about the Mueller Report, what is a lie to yourself? Familiar territory.

I composed it on the fly this morning but with the amount of attention that game received, I'm sure others will do it as well with Halloween coming up. I get up somewhat early to cook breakfast for the family so usually post in a flurry after checking POTUS' calendar. It takes me quite awhile to catch up late in the day with everyone's comments. Some of you all are not only smart, but very witty.

Whenever I hear Ken Starr's name, all I think of is Woody Harrelson saying he has to give a little talk about date rape at Vassar College.  And I take Kingpin more seriously about sexual assault than I do Ken Starr  

Rep Kevin Brady (8th district) at the game the other evening. No Democratic candidate has filed to run against him. His district is solid Republican and >80% white, but you never know...

The President is not paying the Mrs. Brady any attention. Guess you have to be 17 or named Ivanka.

EH7PeY-XUAAq65M.jpg
EH7PeZCXkAA-JUv.jpg
EH7PeY8WkAEIn6W.jpg
5:36 PM - 27 Oct 2019

Dan Patrick seems like a piece of shit.  He is letting the state's non-partisan budget agency fall apart:

The LBB provided invaluable, unbiased information, which is critical to the development of the state budget,” former state Rep. John Zerwas, a Richmond Republican who chaired the House Appropriations Committee, said in a statement.

The quality of that information may be in jeopardy; the agency is moldering as a quiet war erupts between its two masters.

State law names the lieutenant governor and House speaker as co-chairs of the 10-member board, which is supposed to jointly appoint an executive director to lead the agency. Last year, for the first time in nearly 70 years, that failed to happen; by Halloween, the agency will have been headless for a year.

Veteran employees have departed in droves with no one to replace them, leaving behind a trail of vacant offices and a dearth of institutional knowledge. Staff size has fallen 26% since 2015 — from 146 to 108 employees — and four of the agency’s five executive leadership positions will soon be unfilled. The agency’s lone remaining executive told a tearful staff last week that he, too, intends to resign.

Now, with House Speaker Dennis Bonnen announcing he will not run for reelection next year amid a scandal that has shaken the entire lower chamber, the board finds itself in its most precarious position yet.

Interviews with more than a dozen budget agency staff, Capitol staff and state lawmakers — who requested anonymity to discuss private board deliberations — indicate that the Senate’s presiding officer, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, has wielded a kind of veto power over the board to keep the agency undermanned and under fire.

They contend that his motive is to remake the agency to give the Senate more direct control over the number-crunchers; the current group of nonpartisan bureaucrats has produced analyses that at times conflicted with the lieutenant governor’s political messaging.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/10/29/texas-lt-gov-dan-patrick-wages-war-texas-legislative-budget-board/?utm_campaign=trib-social-buttons&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Trump approves.

Years of infighting among Clark County Republicans took another turn this week, with concern over an appointment leading to at least one resignation and several other denouncements from party officials.

Dan Clark, a precinct committee officer with the party, was previously convicted after repeatedly sneaking into a teenage girl’s bedroom and giving her alcohol.

On Tuesday, he was elected chair of the party’s Bylaws and Resolutions Committee with 70 percent of the vote in a secret ballot, according to an email from Clark County Republican Chair Earl Bowerman obtained by The Columbian.

The 10 voters had previous knowledge of Clark’s criminal past, the email said.

Over a two-month period in 2010, and despite a previously filed restraining order preventing him from contacting her, Clark repeatedly snuck into a 15-year-old girl’s bedroom in the Sherwood neighborhood, according to an affidavit of probable cause filed in Clark County Superior Court.

After tapping on the window to grab the girl’s attention and using a folding metal chair to enter the room, Clark — 43 at the time — and the girl would hug and kiss on her bed, the affidavit said.

Clark and the girl would also read poems and consume alcohol, and he gave her a cellphone that allowed them to communicate, according to the affidavit. The girl told police that, “he loves her, wants to marry her” and provided her with a wedding dress magazine, the affidavit said.

Linky-dink

I checked the list, and did not see any Texas reps on the committee. Call your rep anyway. Let them hear from you. Again and again. I am calling Flores' office. He will not be running in 2020, but he has all the GOP talking points on his twitter feed, including how the Democrats ARE DELAYING voting on important bills. Call them and call them out.

10 minutes ago, plimon said:

I'm just spitballing here, but I'm going to guess they were going to discuss women's reproductive health options.

I didn't see anything about that in the markup documents from the committee, but I skimmed pretty quickly. There was a section in the Deborah Sampson Act that provided counseling and medical care for women's sexual trauma, which to the GOP white males, never happens because women are always asking for it. In reading some of the comments from the tweet, the chatter is that the Rs had added some 'toxic' amendments and that was creating issues. This was or should have been fairly bipartisan, so it does come across as stupid, short-sighted, and petty because it is. Democrats have walked out due to amendments to bills in the past, but it's time the circus stopped with the sideshow tactics and kept bills clean, workable, and sent from committee to the House at large and then sent off to the Senate.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Spelling

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult