Subsribe/Follow Threads

Trying to build my list back of subscribed threads.  I got used to clicking on settings first thing to get a list of all updated threads.  I found where I can manage the threads I follow but it doesn't have a the button to go to first new post.  Am I missing something? 

tenor.gif?itemid=5458893

I think I'm working this out. So far I go to Activity, My Activity Streams, My Activity Streams, click on Content I follow or Create New Stream. 

Show Me: content items only

Read Status: Content I haven’t read     

Following: only content I follow

Clicking unread items: take me to the first unread item

then create name for stream.  seems to be working ok, but I don't want to see what was posted from that stream.  I follow a lot of tv threads and don't want to find out Jon Snow died if I don't click on the thread. 

Anyone else messing with this?

2 minutes ago, Red Sundance said:

Anyone else messing with this?

Yes.  The stream will list threads that have new posts once for each new post.  I haven't figured out how to get a list of threads with new posts that just lists each thread once.  I can only imagine how useless this is going to be when we get a F5 worthy thread and the stream has 200 listings of the same damn thread.

Well, it looks like we have the power after all.  You can set your own custom stream with the settings as mentioned in the post I just linked and it only lists topics once.  Working pretty good right now.  I've got a custom stream with the following settings:

Showing topics I posted in, I have not read and posted in for the last 365 days.

Edited by bernorange
  • Like 3

Just now, bernorange said:

You can also make a custom stream for new content using the same settings as listed above, but changing Ownership to Everything.  Working pretty good on my end.

Isn't that the same thing as All Unread Content?

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

yeah, there is a box to "add to my streams"

When I say dashboard, I mean adds to the drop down under my activity. 

Clicking that Add does add it to the My Activity Streams dropdown. And if you make it default it will show up on every page in the top right and bottom right corner. 

• Like 2

On 3/26/2018 at 12:51 PM, bernorange said:

Well, it looks like we have the power after all.  You can set your own custom stream with the settings as mentioned in the post I just linked and it only lists topics once.  Working pretty good right now.  I've got a custom stream with the following settings:

Showing topics I posted in, I have not read and posted in for the last 365 days.

Very helpful, thanks.

17 hours ago, Rick Blaine said:

Is there a setting for "enter" (paragraph return) that does not result in a double-space?

No, but there is a work-around if you are on a computer.
Open Notepad and compose your message there.
Then copy/paste the message into the message editor.
Then click on the black toolbar that pops up to paste as plain text (sometimes).
Then enjoy neg reps for not spacing your paragraphs.