The movie you just watched

F250

28 minutes ago, mdmost said:

That Thing You Do. I love this movie. My oldest picked it because she’s a Tom Hanks fan. I swear this movie has a gravitational field that’s very strong. I would always stop down and watch it whenever it was on HBO back in the late 90s.

I led you here. For I am Spartacus.

That's one of those movies I have to watch if it's on. If you get the chance watch the extended director's cut. You will learn things about Mr. White that you never knew before.

Another Hennessy for Del Paxton! 

On 6/18/2018 at 2:51 PM, 52-80 said:

Eye in the Sky.

Holy fuck a movie about 5 parties in 5 locations telephoning each other for 2 hours, with a 7th grader philosophy dilemma as the Crux

What a horrible horrible flick

Thought it was pretty good, not great but damn solid 

On 6/4/2018 at 10:04 AM, gecko said:

Was on a long haul flight and watched Geostorm, probably the worst movie ever made.

exact same...watched it on a plane.  there cannot possibly be a worse movie...ever.  this is an offensive piece of shit in every way and everyone and everything associated with it should be murdered.

19 minutes ago, sidis said:

exact same...watched it on a plane.  there cannot possibly be a worse movie...ever.  this is an offensive piece of shit in every way and everyone and everything associated with it should be murdered.

So.... thumbs down?

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2018 at 11:02 PM, sidis said:

I was scrolling through the movie selection on a recent long haul flight and came across this one.  Brief reading of the description told me enough to know it would be a piece of shit.  

I watched "Den of Thieves" instead.  Not bad... not great.  Wouldn't pay to go see it, but if you want to kill a couple of hours on a plane it serves its purpose.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

On 6/25/2018 at 2:15 AM, Trey3216 said:

Watched ‘The Notebook’ with the wife last night after we got home from going to the horse races all day.   Can’t help but appreciate the movie due to how up front it attacks Alzheimer’s//dimentia. I fucking hate those diseases 

liar.  you watched it to see ryan gosling in a wet shirt.

• Haha 1

On 6/24/2018 at 7:56 AM, TheStoicPaisano said:

The rebooted Tomb Raider (was kidsitting my cousin, fuck off). Vikander is a shredded smoke show, but this was one of the worst movies I’ve seen the last few years. They didn’t give her, Billy Crash or McNulty anything to work with. 

ex machina is much better to see vikander work

• Like 1

Death Wish remake

OK, about a 6/10

The original at least hada main character with some experience firing weapons, even if it was during his youth. This time he teaches himself to shoot and becomes a great marksman very quickly. That is my biggest complaint. Did like the comedic twist on the bad guys death scenes, which kept me from totally panning it.

Watched The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada last night. It'd been a while, forgot how good it was and just how fucking perfect Tommy Lee Jones is in this and pretty much any other movie he's ever been in. Dwight Yoakum was good too, he was great in Slingblade, maybe he's done more movies than I'm aware of but I can't think of any others besides these too.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2018 at 9:18 PM, Moby Ric said:

American Made.  If there is any truth to that story.  Holy shit.  But a cool movie to watch.

Yeah...fun to watch either way.

Tom not being the smug quiet guy was a refreshing change. Not quite Les Grossman material, but fun, nevertheless.

5 hours ago, RPM said:

Pretty sure the majority of that story is true or at least based on actual events. Mena was a huge story when it broke.

From what I have read, it is about 60/40, 60% true, 40% made up or changed from real events, to fit better in the movie.

46 minutes ago, bamachine said:

From what I have read, it is about 60/40, 60% true, 40% made up or changed from real events, to fit better in the movie.

That sounds about right for "dramatic license".

On 7/1/2018 at 4:56 PM, NateHitch said:

Watched The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada last night. It'd been a while, forgot how good it was and just how fucking perfect Tommy Lee Jones is in this and pretty much any other movie he's ever been in. Dwight Yoakum was good too, he was great in Slingblade, maybe he's done more movies than I'm aware of but I can't think of any others besides these too.

Where does one go about seeing this?  I searched various torrent sites to no avail.

I was looking for something to watch this morning and wound up throwing on the first episode of Rome which I had recorded and burned on DVD when it originally aired. Coincidentally that disc was burned on July 4. Fuck tyrants. 

I decided not to continue with the series right then and selected Miracle to watch instead. I hadn't watched it in a long time. It still holds up. Fuck Russia. 

USA! USA! USA!

Let's not forget when that chant started. Happy Independence Day.