The movie you just watched

F250

"Man on Fire," for like the 1000th time.  (I've probably posted in the thread.)

With respect to Keanu Reeves, John Creasy would kick the shit out of Baba Yaga.  John Wick is vastly superior with a weapon, but Creasy has the kinda savagely you can't beat.  When he flips that switch, game over.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

"Eye in the Sky."  Deals with the morality of a drone strike on a terrorist/not terrorist.  If you like the kinda ensemble performances in "Conspiracy" and "Margin Call," you'll like this.  Hellen Mirren (kinda miscast, and keeps her clothes on.  But still does great.)  Aaron Paul and Alan Rickman.

I don't know why I decided to watch this.  It's 100 years old this year. The first silent movie I've ever seen and the OG vampire movie. I made my wife watch it. I told her we would give it 15 minutes and if we didn't like it we would turn it off.  Ended up enjoying it. Only 80 minutes long.

• Like 1

We watched Good Nurse yesterday and thought it rally good. I googled Amy and Charlie and the real story is so horrifying. Hospitals kept hiring him without doing a background check. They think he might have killed 400. The real Amy looks a lot like Jessica chastain who does not get nekkid in this.

Mrs and I had a date night at the movies. Took in Ticket to Paradise. And you know what, laughed our asses off the whole time. Completely predictable and formulaic, but sometimes that’s just what you need. Clooney and Roberts deliver.

"Man on Fire," for like the 1000th time.  (I've probably posted in the thread.)
With respect to Keanu Reeves, John Creasy would kick the shit out of Baba Yaga.  John Wick is vastly superior with a weapon, but Creasy has the kinda savagely you can't beat.  When he flips that switch, game over.

Need to revisit this one. Been a while.

Mrs and I had a date night at the movies. Took in Ticket to Paradise. And you know what, laughed our asses off the whole time. Completely predictable and formulaic, but sometimes that’s just what you need. Clooney and Roberts deliver.

This. When folks have election/inflation/nuclear war/Covid fatigue, they don’t want everything entertaining politicized or carbon impact measured or CRT’d. I want to watch movies shows and sports with none of that. My wife wants to go see this so I’ll take her and get her some dinner and drinks. She’ll be so relieved at not hearing a political ad I’ll get laid.
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, HiggyBaby said:

Went to see it yesterday. Totally agree. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Went to the premiere of Sam & Kate last week at Austin Film Festival. Little brother worked on it and his college buddy was a producer. Sat right in front of the cast which was kind of cool, and got to meet a few. 

Holiday rom-com. Entertaining but not exactly groundbreaking stuff. Dustin Hoffman and Sissy Spacek both had good performances. Gosh I can’t believe he is in his 80’s. 

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 10/27/2022 at 9:07 PM, Parliament said:

"Eye in the Sky."  Deals with the morality of a drone strike on a terrorist/not terrorist.  If you like the kinda ensemble performances in "Conspiracy" and "Margin Call," you'll like this.  Hellen Mirren (kinda miscast, and keeps her clothes on.  But still does great.)  Aaron Paul and Alan Rickman.

After my DVR got fried by lightningand I got a replacement, it took my cable provider several, ahhh, months, shall we say, to realize I was receiving literally all the HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and a handful of others for free, about 60 different channels in all. Anyhoo, I would scroll and cherry pick movies to archive, and Eye In the Sky was one. Very cool and well done. Features the smallest robotic flying aerial camera spy device you ever saw. Well worth the watch. The English speaking skinny pirate from the Maersk Alabama plays a good guy, of all things.

On 10/28/2022 at 11:32 PM, Post Oak said:

I don't know why I decided to watch this.  It's 100 years old this year. The first silent movie I've ever seen and the OG vampire movie. I made my wife watch it. I told her we would give it 15 minutes and if we didn't like it we would turn it off.  Ended up enjoying it. Only 80 minutes long.

That’s a classic. I remember the first time I watched it as a kid. That scene where he stands up in his coffin while his whole body remains perfectly straight, that gave me chills. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Lucky Number Slevin

I forgot how good this movie was. What an incredible cast - in addition to the leads you had Freeman, Kingsley, Aiello, Tucci, and Stoll.

Hartnett should have been a bigger star, on par with Affleck and Damon. Not sure what happened there. Even Lucy Liu was good and I usually find her annoying. She and Hartnett had great chemistry.

I think at the time, the mid-2000s, people became weary of the all too clever dialogue that this movie had but watching it in the 2020s it's a refreshing change of pace.

Lindsay Lohan's first movie since 2013 I believe it was, Falling for Christmas.

Schlocky, Christmas movie. Netflix does it's best Hallmark movie impression (unpopular opinion alert, I love Hallmark movies this time of the year), complete formulaic garbage to cuddle up with in the cold weather next to a fire and fall asleep halfway into.

But really, it was like that 80's movie with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell (Overboard?) meets a Lindsay Lohan movie.