The movie you just watched

F250

10 hours ago, MeerkatBong said:

Lindsay Lohan's first movie since 2013 I believe it was, Falling for Christmas.

Wife is making me watch it right now. Lohan's face barely moves, what with all the botox and fillers in her face. She looks horrible. Julianne Moore is 26 years older than Lohan and looks better than her.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

Saving Private Ryan

Watched it for the upteenth time. Still get emotional every time I see it. I still remember the first time I saw it at it’s release in the theater. The crowd was in complete silence as we left. With each viewing I see something or hear something new each time.

Such a great movie.

Unfortunately, every time I watch it Vin Diesel's acting gets worse.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Been going through some of Stuckmann’s 2020 and 2022 best list. Hunter Hunter was a pretty good horror movie. Then I watched Titane.

W. T. F.

I didn’t know that much T&A could be that disturbing. Unless you’re in to girls fucking cars I guess.

Is this the old girl/Spanish fly/ stick shift story all over again. 

On 11/14/2022 at 11:14 AM, ajax said:

Lucky Number Slevin

I forgot how good this movie was. What an incredible cast - in addition to the leads you had Freeman, Kingsley, Aiello, Tucci, and Stoll.

Hartnett should have been a bigger star, on par with Affleck and Damon. Not sure what happened there. Even Lucy Liu was good and I usually find her annoying. She and Hartnett had great chemistry.

Josh. Hartnett. The dramatic range of a rock. A really stupid rock.

• Haha 2

On 10/30/2022 at 3:42 PM, HiggyBaby said:

Mrs and I had a date night at the movies. Took in Ticket to Paradise. And you know what, laughed our asses off the whole time. Completely predictable and formulaic, but sometimes that’s just what you need. Clooney and Roberts deliver.

Need to revisit this one. Been a while.

I....  Wish.... You.... Had..... More.... Time.

On 11/16/2022 at 11:28 PM, mininghorn88 said:

Saving Private Ryan

Watched it for the upteenth time. Still get emotional every time I see it. I still remember the first time I saw it at it’s release in the theater. The crowd was in complete silence as we left. With each viewing I see something or hear something new each time.

Such a great movie.

some beautiful set pieces.

A true masterwork.

But everything past the visceral opening scene and the sine parts of the terrific tank/final battle scene is vapid waster of cinematic bravado when all is said and done.

• Hook 'Em 1

The Imitation Game (2014)

I had heard good things, don't think this film as aged all that well and seems to be historically super hollywood washed. Thought Benedict Cumberbatch was just okay. Give it a B for entertainment value only (which I guess is why they took so many liberties with the historical facts and timelines).

On 11/21/2022 at 4:42 AM, RPM said:

Poker Face - Russell Crowe and a Hemsworth. Interesting crime story with few shots fired. Slow, but worth the watch.

Speaking of Russell Crowe, just saw Thor Love and whatever, and it was pure garbage EXCEPT for Russell Crowe's portrayal of Zeus as a fat, greasy Greek. Hilarious.

• Hook 'Em 1

Watched The Swimmers.

Story of Syrian refugee sisters, .Yusra and Sara Mardini, escaped Syria with hopes of swimming for her country in the Olympics.

Yusra ended up competing in the 2016 and 2020 Olympics with the "Refugee Olympic Team"

Pretty crazy story that I'm surprised I had never heard

Slumberland on Netflix

Jason Mamoa does not have "it" or at least he doesn't yet. He's good in specific roles but he can't carry a movie yet.

I think they cloned Saorsie Ronan because the little girl in the movie is her clone. Look at her.

th.thumb.jpeg.14e85097c66e6cf10a74746da3e0ef72.jpeg

It was okay. Really bogged down in certain parts and they should have spent more time building the relationship between the kid and the uncle.