The movie you just watched

F250

Mission: Impossible 20: Falloff

It was entertaining. It helped that my wife and I were two of six or so people in the theater so we could make fun of stuff. 

Nothing will ever top the first one - Brian De Palma is all that is man. Here comes Phlegm to rage over the TV show being better. Shut the fuck up, Phlegm. 

17 hours ago, tantric superman said:

The Rider (2018)

This was slow and restrained and a lot sadder than I anticipated but it packed a wallop in the end I thought.

105670.jpg

Came here to post that.

I'd say this movie is just like you think it would be, but a much better version of it. Really well done IMO. I plan to rewatch.

Wheelhouse for me in that it is a true/real version of the Horse Whisperer. I grew up in this world, more or less, so it is cool to see it done well in a movie.

I've been putting off watching The Rider.  I'll have to watch.

Watched lately:

Tag - stupid fun humor.  It had me laughing out loud.

Bloodwork - Not Eastwoods best, but I have all of his movies, and wanted to watch a 90's movie I hadn't seen in awhile.  It was good.  I hadn't seen it since it came out, so I like those where I forget the twists.

Deadpool 2 - Pretty good.  I didn't enjoy it as much as the first.  I may just be burnt out on Marvel.  It took me forever to watch the new Thor, and I've started the new Avengers, but haven't gotten around to watching the rest.

School of Rock - Hadn't seen it since release.  Still great.  Love the music.

Seabiscuit - Someone here mentioned that, so I watched that.  GREAT Movie.  It also got me to watch Secretariat also, another Great movie.

Upgrade - It was just ok for me

American Animals - Pretty stupid.  I quit toward the end.

Bad Samaritan - I usually like these type of movies and big fan of David Tennant, but it sort of sucked.

Action Point - Knocksville movie, I made it maybe 20 min. Bad.

9 hours ago, BNB said:

Seabiscuit - Someone here mentioned that, so I watched that.  GREAT Movie.  It also got me to watch Secretariat also, another Great movie.

If you liked those, watch 50 to 1. There's a Surly connection. Old age prevents me from remembering the member's name, but I will never forget his wife.

On 8/26/2018 at 1:13 PM, wild_turkey said:

Y Tu Mamá También - Really enjoyed it. It's been on my list for years but never got around to it until last night. I regret putting it off for so long.

What did you miss out on by putting it off?  Not naming your last dog Tenoche instead of your next dog?  Not being able to silently fart and say "Do you smell bread?" in Spanish when your kids were younger?

23 hours ago, crackamacgowski said:

Mission: Impossible 20: Falloff

It was entertaining. It helped that my wife and I were two of six or so people in the theater so we could make fun of stuff. 

Nothing will ever top the first one - Brian De Palma is all that is man. Here comes Phlegm to rage over the TV show being better. Shut the fuck up, Phlegm. 

Going to see this tonight....I've only heard good things

Joe- Nicolas Cage movie that came out in 2013.   For all the crap that Cage puts out in the last several years, this movie was really good and worth watching.  I'm blown away by the absolute POS dad of the kid that Cage is trying to help out.   Unbelievable that the guy was a homeless dude that they pulled off the streets in Austin and this was his only role ever.   That guy was so real.  

1 hour ago, PatSolitanojr said:

Watch Seven Psychopaths. Same director that did Three Billboards and In Bruges. But, Seven Psychopaths is my favorite movie of all time. Best dialogue of any movie I've ever seen. 

Seen it and liked it. It would not be my top movie of all time but it was a solid 8/10 for me. FWIW, 7 and above are rewatchables. 9 and above are ones I would actually own.

All the Money in the World (2017)

I thought this was really terrific.  Pretty simple kidnapping procedural, but all of the actors really humanized this thing.  Top notch. 

Plus, since Wahlburg can do no wrong, every one of his flicks is like revisiting Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch again and again and again for the first time.

Al23-JAN-World-Bumped.jpg?f=16x9&w=1200&

On 8/29/2018 at 6:13 PM, yoshi said:

Joe- Nicolas Cage movie that came out in 2013.   For all the crap that Cage puts out in the last several years, this movie was really good and worth watching.  I'm blown away by the absolute POS dad of the kid that Cage is trying to help out.   Unbelievable that the guy was a homeless dude that they pulled off the streets in Austin and this was his only role ever.   That guy was so real.  

He was probably just playing himself, the way Cage does...

PBS reran the Ken Burns biomentary "Mark Twain" earlier this week.  I'm about 75% along and so far have savored and enjoyed it more than the first time around.  Keith David's narration is right on the money, and the images draw you right into the pre- and postwar era.  One thing jumps out.  The clarity and quality of nineteenth century still photos.  Samuel Clemens comes off as somewhat full of himself but he was entitled, right?  We sure could use a voice like his today. 

On 9/8/2018 at 6:20 AM, Bama Llama said:

The clarity and quality of nineteenth century still photos

Most of those were 8x10 negatives (large format) giving incredible quality.  It's amazing, isn't it?

Check out http://www.shorpy.com  It's got historic and archival images, and some of the quality is incredible.  Cool stuff.

Went and saw Blood For Dracula, an odd film which carries Andy Warhol's name even though he wasn't all that involved, last night. If you want to see a movie involving 1. massive bush, 2. Pro-communist allegory that is actually cleverly disguised anti-communist allegory, and 3. A young Udo Kier vomiting blood more than once check it out.

Plane movies part 2 -

I Feel Pretty - another Amy Schumer trainwreck about chubby girls being pretty, self confidence, yay women’s empowerment 

Geostorm - LMAO. At least the visuals were fine 

Solo movie - surprised I enjoyed it actually 

New Jumanji - funny and entertaining

third Maze Runner movie - I would have rather died 

Mission Impossible 6 - Entertained the whole time.  Was cool seeing the scenes they shot in Paris where I had to walk through the set to get out of my hotel.  Henry Cavill is amazingly hot, would not kick him out of bed.

Solo - Actually thought it was better than TLJ.  I thought the kid was good as Solo.  Gave off the vibe that was needed for the character.