The movie you just watched

F250

Juliet Naked - Would have been better if Linklater directed it.   Has Linklater directed a Hornby novel, before?

Margin Call - watched to commemorate the ten year anniversary of the recession and this is still a great movie.   Standouts all, but especially Irons.  Loved that he picked up the lion doll when talking to Moore. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dogbreath said:

Margin Call - watched to commemorate the ten year anniversary of the recession and this is still a great movie.   Standouts all, but especially Irons.  Loved that he picked up the lion doll when talking to Moore. 

I found this one on Amazon Prime.  Was a good movie.

On 6/4/2018 at 2:57 PM, RPM said:

Watched Red Sparrow last night. Not the greatest spy flick I've seen, but nude JLaw makes it watchable.

On 6/10/2018 at 7:16 AM, ScottishHorn said:

Red Sparrow.   I can't tell you had good it was.  Too focused on jennifer's body.  Makes me wish I could be a foreign diplomat and get taken advantage of by Russia's whore spy division 

finally watched..

movie was meh.. but damn JLaws body was rockin

Watermelon Man - Godfrey Cambridge (1970)

Bigoted white insurance salesman wakes up one day and he's black. My oh my, how his world changed. Godfrey Cambridge was a one of my favorite comedians of that era and this was his best work. Very funny and edgy for the times. This was 4 years before Blazing Saddles.

Screen+shot+2011-04-21+at+11.13.20+PM.pn

• Like 1

Nah, not really.  The main character is very sexy:

giphy.gif

but the boobs while very pretty, cause some consternation regarding the legality...

il_570xN.936285927_ylqr.jpg

All in all, not near as interesting as Swimming Pool or Frantz (other Ozon) but this Marine Vacth is pretty striking.  She did another movie called "Double Lover" with Ozon which I will report on shortly.

marina-vacth-the-double-lover-photocall-

Tag.

Thought it was hilarious and lol’ed on the plane against my will. I thought two things made this movie really enjoyable for me:

1) the music was amazingly curated. From danzig to crash test dummies to 90’s rap, and added texture to the scenes. Exceptional way to use music.

2) the casting was pretty spot on. The four complimentary personas. I really enjoyed them all and liked Hannibal probably the best which is weird because I thought I was out on him (he Silicon Valley guy part had me dead)

2.5) the real life angle brought it down to earth and made it real which added some emotional depth to the end, surprisingly.

Found this movie Endless and had 94% RT rating or something like that.  It was supposed to be sci-fi/thriller/horror.  

But in fact it's a film school level production with horrible acting.

Lighting, post production, direction were all terrible and I kept waiting for the finale - something to polish this turd - but nothing happened.  It ended and I was left with the thought of, well there goes 2 hours of my life that I'll never get back.

Check it out.

Saw Black Panther last night.  I enjoyed it--or at least I was entertained.  But I guess I was expecting more.  Seemed like everyone went on and on about what a great movie it was.

Saw Blockers last week based on a recommendation from a guy at work.  I was skeptical, and for good reason.  I can't believe I paid for that POS.  At least it was only $6 for PPV and not $100+ for tickets, drinks, snacks, babysitter, etc to see it in the theater.

The Post on HBO. Not great, not terrible either. Good for getting someone to read more about what really happened. It kind of told the story but from the wrong POV. Should have been from the NYT side, since they were the ones who really took the big chance. The Post probably should have been about what followed, maybe starting with them being part of the Pentagon Papers Supreme Court trial and making it's way into their real blockbuster story, Watergate.

Also Gardens of Stone.  Another great cast. 

Gardens of Stone is a 1987 American drama film directed by Francis Ford Coppola, based on the novel of the same title by Nicholas Proffitt. It stars James Caan , Anjelica Huston , James Earl Jones , D. B. Sweeney , Dean Stockwell and Mary Stuart Masterson .

The Old Guard is responsible for Arlington Cemetery.  This is a story about them during Viet Nam. 

Also has Lawrence Fishburne in it, but he is credited as Larry, not Lawrence. 

It's part of Amazon Prime right now.

Edited by pyrohornIII