The movie you just watched

F250

9 hours ago, Underdog said:

image.thumb.png.468c089c0e78af2f5b081f3c8ec4e970.png

Watched it Friday evening after I got back from the beach. Seeing it in 3D was pretty cool. Such a great movie from start to finish and I am glad I decided to watch it again because that is a timeless movie that has aged exceptionally well. Roy Scheider actually has a small nameplate plaque on the wall where I work because he was a regular there many years ago.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 7:51 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Relevant to the French Connection discussion above, The Wages of Fear.

The first action movie?  Decent, a bit plodding and navel-gazing and somewhat unrealistic, but I think the first of its type.

Further relevant to the French Connection is the Friedkin remake, Sorcerer.

It has pretty good reviews, but I wonder if I should watch it close on the heels of Wages.

I've only seen Sorcerer once, many years ago.  Need to see it again.  Was wallowing in my netflix queue so moved it up. 

sss,small,product,750x1000.jpg

The Duke (2020)

I really liked this, but it is kind of an "old folks" charming little gem.  A tad too sweet but if you buy into it it really works.

Perfect for if you're killing time with the old folks and there is nothing else to watch.

Jim Broadbent in this and Ciaran Hinds' character in Belfast - two guys I want to be like as I grow into the mantel of grandfatherly.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 9:11 AM, MissingInAction said:

Small Engine Repair

Dramas usually aren't my thing but the cast drew me in. The chemistry between the actors was incredible. 

The best summary is a dysfunctional family/friends come together over a common love.

An emotional roller coaster to say the least.

Trailer looks really good, definitely going to check it out. 

Postcards from the Edge.  Shirley McClain and Meryl at the absolute top of their games.  I really enjoyed it, but Meryl Streep can not dance. At all. 

I think Carrie Fisher would have found it darkly hilarious that Debbie Reynolds died literally the day after her.  Couldn’t even give her a day to herself in the spotlight.