The movie you just watched

F250

I Think We’re Aline Now. Post apocalyptic movie with great acting by Peter Dinklage. Has a great trailer on Hulu that sucked us in. Wife checked the dog doesn’t die. It’s a weird slow no action kind of movie. But an hour in its like a different movie was clipped in for the last 30 minutes. Like wtf was that?

18 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

The first was the best, as they progressed Harry became more cartoonish. Of the San Francisco police movies I think Bullitt is a better film and stronger story. But I rewatch Dirty Harry every few years.

The Enforcer is solid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Unfortunately those were never seen on film again from Julie Warner. But a fabulous clip that is.

My old man somehow wound up with babysitting duty when I was 10, and took me and a cousin to a movie. Count Yorga, Vampire was my first exposure to bare tits, glorious as they were on a 40 foot screen. He swore us to secrecy.

Movie dump

Black Phone- 6.5/10

Lux Aeterna- GasperNoe/10

King of New York- 6.5/10

Watcher- 7/10

Nope- 9/10

Jennifer's Body- 6.5/10

Assassination Nation- 6.5/10

Starred Up- 7.5/10

We're All Going to the World's Fair- 6.5/10

Holy Motors- 7/10

Bennedeta- 6.5/10

Stoker- 8/10

RRR- 7/10

A Prophet- 8.5/10

The Gift- 6.5/10

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead- 6.5/10

The Man Who Wasn't There- 7/10

Mad God- 10/10

Synecdoche NY- 6/10

On 9/26/2022 at 6:27 PM, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Just see X first. X was maybe my favorite movie of the year (possibly because I went in knowing nothing). Pearl was very good and worth seeing, but didn’t hit the same for me.

I saw Pearl last night and really enjoyed....especially Mia Goth's performance.  It is a smaller and somewhat "niche" movie and I am kind of fascinated that director Ti West was able to get 2 movies made at the same time.  Also, if you have seen X first (which I agree you should), make sure to stick around for the final post-credits scene.

”Disposible Heroes: The Other Side of Football” (1985)

Not a movie but an old HBO America Undercover documentary from the 80s about the risks of playing football. I can’t believe something like this came out way back in the 80s. Interviews with John Madden and OJ, but the main focus of the doc centers on the post football lives of Jim Otto & Roger Stillwell.

Watched it on YouTube - can’t link here 

5 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

ha yeah... the two uncut takes she did had me admiring of the balls involved. And I guess she was in every damn scene of the movie.

Kudos to her accent voice acting too.  The accent never faltered.  

She and Jenna Ortega have a very long exciting future in horror movies.  

I am watching Smile. This is an exceedingly hard movie for me to watch. If you have difficulties with random loud screeching and screaming noises that come out of nowhere this is not the movie for you. I am going to try to make it to the end because I like Sophie Bacon, but this is a movie I will never watch again.

My commentary about this movie is not whether it is good or not. It is just a warning to anyone who struggles with loud noise like I do.

Edited by UpperWestside

The Last Duel.

The action is excellent (I mean, it’s a Ridley Scott film), but I could have used more.  The rest of the movie is, well, a bit inert.  I like the 3 perspective design, but holy fuck they needed to shave 30 minutes off.  Still, perfectly watchable.

Honestly, my favorite part is Ben Affleck’s character, who is so ridiculous as to steal every scene he’s in.  

A Face in the Crowd, with Andy Griffith and Patricia Neal, is a masterpiece. It’s on Hulu now. It is a cleverly directed film, and brings a noir vibe to the postwar changes in the country. Whichever side you vote for generally, I think you’ll see it is an unfortunate commentary and predictor of American politics, big media, and cults of personality with celebrities. I think it’s easily a top ten political movie.

• Hook 'Em 2

Prey (2022) was pretty awesome.  Straight forward no-bullshit Predator action flick.

I would say they treaded dangerously close with a few sequences where some of the comanches, who werent exactly portrayed like UFC fighters, started to look like they were hitting kung fu moves with the predator. 

in the overall context of the movie it was a great popcorn flick.

On 10/5/2022 at 11:26 PM, UpperWestside said:

I am watching Smile. This is an exceedingly hard movie for me to watch. If you have difficulties with random loud screeching and screaming noises that come out of nowhere this is not the movie for you. I am going to try to make it to the end because I like Sophie Bacon, but this is a movie I will never watch again.

My commentary about this movie is not whether it is good or not. It is just a warning to anyone who struggles with loud noise like I do.

Just watched SMILE. Overall worth the price of admission if you like horror flicks. The movie is shameless in a good way IMO. I can’t imagine seeing this if jump scares/jump sounds are an issue for you.

Fall (2022).  Really pretty good, I thought.  Giving it an 8.  Very tense first half to 3/4 until you get used to it.  Had my palms actually sweating.  Ending was kind of quick and convenient, but it was after an interesting twist bit and a LOT of nerve-wracking build up. 

Spoiler

Important secondary lesson that if a desert rat sees you need help, he'll just steal your stuff and leave you.

Edited by TexLonghorn

Hadn't seen Once Upon a time in America (1984) for maybe thirty years. I had mixed memories, but noticed the other day that it had an 8.3 rating from IMDb so I found the time to watch all 3.5 hours of it. Epic fucking flick. DeNiro, James Woods, Eliz McGovern and a young Jennifer Connelly. This thing rivals The Godfather for the best Mafia movie ever.

The Director, Sergio Leone (the GB&U) produced ten hours of film, wanted to make two 3-hour movies, but the Producers said "No", so we end up with what is probably the most important and best acted scenes. Soundtrack by Ennio Morricone (the GB&U) is solid. Cinematography is amazing.

banner.png

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1