The movie you just watched

F250

On 11/27/2022 at 12:23 PM, PittsburghTiger said:

I remember walking out after having seen the first one, back around 1989, and thinking how ungodly stupid it was. And I think they have made four, or five, more.

On 11/27/2022 at 1:44 PM, Underdog said:

What?

On 11/27/2022 at 3:26 PM, Buzzrock said:

Yeah you’re on your own on that one. Unpopular opinion thread is over there. 

Eh, I think I was pretty clear. I thought it was stupid as all get out. It seems that they have gotten even more ridiculous with each successive movie

I had never watched traditional slasher horror movies in my youth but got into watching them last year and this year around Halloween. 
I’ve learned that the Halloween franchise takes a steaming dump all over the Friday the 13th movies and Nightmare on Elmstreet franchise. 
Except for Halloween III Season of the Witch which was terrible and unintentionally funny. 
Danielle Harris was super cute as a kid and a really great actress for her age and considering the genre.  
The reboots or whatever they’re called were pretty good too

I just can’t get into Nightmare of Elmstreet movies except for having Dokken do the theme song. 

33 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

That Thing You Do

Was on one of the movies channels over the weekend.

Tom Hanks' directorial debut.

Very good movie and it looks great.

And it still really holds up.    Setting it in the 60s made that possible.   I love that as the song gets better and more crisp the band is falling apart.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

And it still really holds up.    Setting it in the 60s made that possible.   I love that as the song gets better and more crisp the band is falling apart.

Yes it does....

Watched a short clip on Youtube about the making of the movie and it was fascinating because none of those guys were musicians at all and and all four learned how to play well enough to actually play for the cast and crew gathering just before shooting began.

One of things that made it work was the actors actually became a band together before they began shooting the movie.

Obvioulsy other musicians recored the songs used in the movie but still that is quite amazing that they all learned to play in about 30 days.

I loved this movie and it’s so true to life. I was in the music business in high school and college managing a blues band. End of my senior year of college we got a record contract and we’re going on the road opening for BB King for a few weeks. The guitar player said he didn’t want to go on the road and quit to sing with a country singer he was banging.

There were several bands and individuals in that time that could have been great but just couldn’t get over the challenges of women, drugs, jealousies, day gigs, and crossways personalities.

16 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

That Thing You Do

Was on one of the movies channels over the weekend.

Tom Hanks' directorial debut.

Very good movie and it looks great.

If you get an opportunity watch the extended version. It's excellent.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I loved this movie and it’s so true to life. I was in the music business in high school and college managing a blues band. End of my senior year of college we got a record contract and we’re going on the road opening for BB King for a few weeks. The guitar player said he didn’t want to go on the road and quit to sing with a country singer he was banging.

There were several bands and individuals in that time that could have been great but just couldn’t get over the challenges of women, drugs, jealousies, day gigs, and crossways personalities.

Wow, he might be the dumbest fucker, ever, in the history of bands.

Tried watching Minions, The Rise of Gru with my kid tonight. Seemed like a fairly good Minions movie, but the reason I say tried is because my kid constantly pauses the movie when she leaves the room, backs it up because she sees something in the background that I just HAVE to see, my wife had no problem walking into the room and asking multiple questions about something or other (really wasn’t listening) to do with Christmas, a notification on my phone… Am I the only one who has to go to the theater to really enjoy a movie these days?