The movie you just watched

F250

15 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

White Noise - Star Wars bad guy playing the lead opposite some chick that looks like a bunch of chicks but isn't.  Weird and slow.  Didn't like.

Where was this streaming? I saw an ad for it a while ago that it was coming soon and want to check it out. The source material (White Noise, by DD) is one of my favorite novels so I figure I oughta at least check out how they screwed it up.

The Full Monty has been running on either HBO or Showtime.

Great movie with one of the best final scenes in any movie with a great song to go with it. You Can Keep Your Hat On written by Randy Newman and performed by Tom Jones however the Joe Cocker version is better.

Cannot believe that movie is 25 years old. Released in 1997.

Highly recommended if you have never seen it.

• Hook 'Em 2

I saw Avatar 2 in IMAX, 3D with high frame rate today, and it was an incredible experience. Absolutely amazing work on the CGI and melding it with actual people and sets. Lots of beautiful landscapes and scenery, and the sound was so well engineered to give you that feeling of full immersion in the world. The 3D was not annoying at all, it was well done with none of the cheap jump scares in your face like a lot of other "3d" movies do. It just added depth to the visuals and made you feel more present in the movie. 

The story kind of sucked, but that's just Avatar for you.  The technicals are well worth a watch, but only in a theater that makes the most of it.  This is one of those movies that will never live up to its original billing when watching at home or on a plane. 

Very much enjoyed Babylon. If you have any interest in it at all, I recommend seeing in a theater while you still can. Not sure it will play the same on a TV.

It’s a fun, wild ride. Also too long and won’t be for everyone, but I got a real kick out of it. Damien Chezelle is definitely one of my favorite directors.

FYI it’s quite raunchy and a bit depraved if you are (or aren’t) into that kind of thing. The music/score is great and provides a lot of the film’s energy.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/4/2023 at 12:17 PM, Jerry Callo said:

White Noise - Star Wars bad guy playing the lead opposite some chick that looks like a bunch of chicks but isn't.  Weird and slow.  Didn't like.

White Noise 2 is weird because Starbuck is the female lead.  Except she's not playing herself, she's just the leading lady. 

9 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Haven’t seen a thread for it specifically, surprisingly, but anyone see M3GAN? So far 94% on RT. Comedy horror. We’re seeing it this afternoon, looks good. 

Yes. We all loved the trailer so we booked 4 tickets at Alamo. It was great. Good dumb fun. I can't get over the dance moves in the hallway. Wan really does good horror that's not over the top gore. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

This is fantastic; a comfort movie for me.

It was good. I had never heard the story. I know historically what happened to Jews in Russia but, I knew nothing of the movie.

It’s strange because so many of my father’s colleagues at the hospital were Jewish and I went to many Bar, and Bat, Mitzvahs (and the celebrations after) and we were little kids when this movie was released and I am surprised I was never asked to go see it in the theater.

All I knew was the “If I was a rich man” song. 

• Hook 'Em 1