The movie you just watched

F250

On 3/23/2023 at 10:48 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

I just got done watching The Yin and Yang of Gerry Lopez, directed by Stacy Peralta.  I very much enjoyed it, but I have liked all of Stacy's work and although I am not a surfer, I enjoy documentaries about it.  Especially the stories from the 60s and 70s where these globe hopping surfers venture off the beaten path for hidden waves.  Anyways, it is free on youtube.

Kind of hope someone makes a documentary about Bill and Mike Boyum.

Got about about halfway done with the Gerry Lopez doc and am really enjoying it. His deep dive into yoga kind of reminds me of Rickson Gracie.

Bowfinger. Its on Peacock. This might be the funniest movie Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy have ever been in. We rewatch it all the time. A clever premise, great cover mic acting and brilliant writing in a story about an Ed Wood style crew of losers who stumble into making a movie.

• Hook 'Em 1

The Rough Riders - Two part 1997 TNT movie that was very well done. Free on Youtube

Tom Berenger as Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel Theodore Roosevelt
Sam Elliott as Captain William "Bucky" O'Neill
Gary Busey as Major General Joseph Wheeler
Brad Johnson as Henry Nash
Illeana Douglas as Edith Roosevelt
Chris Noth as Craig Wadsworth Jr.
Brian Keith as President William McKinley
George Hamilton as William Randolph Hearst
R. Lee Ermey as Secretary of State John Hay
Nick Chinlund as Frederic Remington
Dale Dye as Colonel / Brigadier General Leonard Wood
Holt McCallany as Sergeant Hamilton Fish
Geoffrey Lewis as Eli
James Parks as William Tiffany
Dakin Matthews as Craig Wadsworth Sr.
Mark Moses as Captain Woodbury Kane
William Katt as Edward Marshall
Francesco Quinn as Rafael Castillo
Adam Storke as Stephen Crane
Titus Welliver as B. F. Goodrich
Diana Jorge as Mademoiselle Adler
Eric Allan Kramer as Henry Bardshar
Angee Hughes as Sara Bardshar
Bob Primeaux as Bob "Indian Bob"
Pablo Espinosa as Major Frederick Funston
Michael Greyeyes as Delchaney
Buck Taylor as George Neville

On 3/28/2023 at 9:29 PM, GoPokes83 said:

12 Mighty Orphans. True story. Depression era football movie about a Masonic home trying to field a first time team. Better than I expected.

We played Masonic Home when I was in HS. Beat them 98-0. True story.

13 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I had a free afternoon so I went to see Champions today. Such a cool and uplifting movie. I love watching Woody Harrelson so seeing him in this was time well spent. I wish Hollywood made more films with a positive and lighthearted message like this one. It was also pretty funny as well.

I saw that too. While in Greensboro for ACC there was some free time and not much to do there. I agree, it was a good film. 

Rocky marathon on Sundance today. I haven’t seen any of them in quite a few years. I’d forgotten a lot of the details but have enjoyed seeing them again if for no other reason than the nostalgia factor! I will say the fight choreography in the first two looked a lot more realistic to me in the 70’s when I was in HS. Half way through Rocky 3 now and Stallone looks like a completely different person that he did in the first. HGH and the roids have kicked in!!

12 Mighty Orphans. True story. Depression era football movie about a Masonic home trying to field a first time team. Better than I expected.

Read the book. It’s great. Where is the movie? Would like to see a movie about the author jim Dent, who was a great sports reporter I grew up with, but he had a bad problem with alcohol and is incarcerated at TDC Livingstone serving an 8 year sentence after his tenth DUI and jumping bail and living on the run for a year or two.

Read the book. It’s great. Where is the movie? Would like to see a movie about the author jim Dent, who was a great sports reporter I grew up with, but he had a bad problem with alcohol and is incarcerated at TDC Livingstone serving an 8 year sentence after his tenth DUI and jumping bail and living on the run for a year or two.

I think it was Stars or Encore, one of the second tier movie channels.

Operation Fortune - New Guy Ritchie film with Jason Statham, Hugh Grant, Aubrey Plaza and Josh Hartnett. Wasn't bad, lots of explody things and shoot outs, but not your typical Guy Ritchie energy. Slower paced action flick.

I know it’s old but it was on tv the other night…The Man from Snowy River, 1982. Kirk Douglas being the biggest star. I was still stuck for many years as a young girl about there being snow in Australia. It just didn’t compute. At any rate, the character Jim’s horse, Denny, a buckskin, was a total badass. To say I legit wanted that horse as a present or just to see in person as a kid was an understatement. I recommend watching for the ambiance, the horses, kinda a soapy western (sort of Yellowstone with the soapy plot.)  My favorite scene and imo the best one from the movie:

Anyway…I wanted that damn horse! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I know it’s old but it was on tv the other night…The Man from Snowy River, 1982. Kirk Douglas being the biggest star. I was still stuck for many years as a young girl about there being snow in Australia. It just didn’t compute. At any rate, the character Jim’s horse, Denny, a buckskin, was a total badass. To say I legit wanted that horse as a present or just to see in person as a kid was an understatement. I recommend watching for the ambiance, the horses, kinda a soapy western (sort of Yellowstone with the soapy plot.)  My favorite scene and imo the best one from the movie:

My family wore out that vcr tape when I was growing up. It was our favorite family movie. And not even close to Yellowstone. 
“And “H” is for…?”

”Uh…”Homeless!”  

Clancy was my favorite character. I really liked the way he rode his horse. As a kid the chase was my favorite part, but after I grew up and understood the movie better, I still get goosebumps when the guy in the sheepskin coat says, “Glory be- would you look at that!” and the trumpets and bull whip start. 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

My favorite part of the second one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Murder Mystery 2. My kid loves anything Sandler, even the Netflix stuff. It was not a terrible way to spend a couple of hours. Not a masterpiece by any means, but decent. You know what you’re going to get when you hit play but it’s a few hundred miles better than Hubie Halloween.

Watched Gentleman Jim this morning. Errol Flynn is James J. Corbett who goes from bank teller, to illegal fight boxer on the San Francisco docks, then World Heavyweight Champion. The only man who ever defeated John L. Sullivan (Ward Bond).  Flynn actually trained hard and did all his own boxing scenes. He wound up having a mild heart attack during filming because partying hard all night and doing heavy physical stuntwork all day does not go together well.

Alan Hale, Jack Carson, William Frawley and Alexis Smith co-star.

Raul Walsh at the helm.

12 minutes ago, RPM said:

Watched Gentleman Jim this morning. Errol Flynn is James J. Corbett who goes from bank teller, to illegal fight boxer on the San Francisco docks, then World Heavyweight Champion. The only man who ever defeated John L. Sullivan (Ward Bond).  Flynn actually trained hard and did all his own boxing scenes. He wound up having a mild heart attack during filming because partying hard all night and doing heavy physical stuntwork all day does not go together well.

Alan Hale, Jack Carson, William Frawley and Alexis Smith co-star.

Raul Walsh at the helm.

Very solid film.

Also a great cast.