The movie you just watched

F250

10 hours ago, Underdog said:

Greatest movie ever made is currently on IFC...

You’re gonna need a bigger boat

Caught the end of that one and decided to watch the movie right after - The Day After Tomorrow. Never seen it.  JFC, what a steaming turd.  It's "Twister" bad.  I"m not saying global warning is or isn't real, it's just that their take is regarded.  It's like being lectured on quantum physics by the stupidest person you know.  I was on the fence about Dennis Quade - not anymore.  He's on the shit list.  

Took the kids to see Bumblebee and fell asleep in the first half (not the film’s fault), then got a call I had to take so spent most of the second half in the lobby. I need to see it again because the nostalgic/80s/Spielberg/Hughes vibe was a good choice and working pretty well. It’s not the tiring explosion-fest of the other films, and the main actress is good.

On 12/30/2018 at 1:43 AM, Lhorn said:

Caught the end of that one and decided to watch the movie right after - The Day After Tomorrow. Never seen it.  JFC, what a steaming turd.  It's "Twister" bad.  I"m not saying global warning is or isn't real, it's just that their take is regarded.  It's like being lectured on quantum physics by the stupidest person you know.  I was on the fence about Dennis Quade - not anymore.  He's on the shit list.  

What about Dennis Quaid though? Is he ok?

Wife got to choose yesterday and today because she is working this week and I am not;  Pirates of the Caribbean 1 and 2 on New Year's Eve and 3 this afternoon.

I watched King Arthur: The Tale of the Sword on Monday before the wife came home from work. It lives down to the reviews.

Wizards. Stumbled across this on FXM this morning. 1977 Ralph Bakshi (Fritz The Cat, New Mighty Mouse, American Pop, The Lord of The Rings and a shitload of animated stuff going all the way back to Heckle & Jeckle) experimental animated movie about elves, wizards, tyrants and war. If you like GoT and LoTR type stuff you'll like this. This movie, LOTR and American Pop were genius.

We actually watched it for the first time a few months ago.  They liked it, but a lot of the Coen stuff was lost on them, so I was actually a bit disappointed in their reaction.

True to Coen humor, though, it grows on you and they both insisted on watching it last night (when they both usually take every opportunity to disagree) -- we all laughed our asses off, and they even picked up some things I'd never noticed.  It does help that it's one of their wackier and more accessible movies.

As far as appropriateness goes, nothing worse than some reproductive anatomy, a little l'amour/wife swappin' propositioning, and language no worse they hear a hundred times a day from their mom.

• Like 1

Watching Streets of Fire for the first time since it came out when I was in 6th grade. I remember it being so bad ass. It has some cringe worthy acting and dialog.

My father loved this movie. He even had the soundtrack. I remember it being ok when I was small, and I was terrified of Willem Dafoe in his trash bag outfit. Saw it not too long ago - seriously terrible acting. “Tom Cody” couldn’t act his way out of a paper bag.

On 1/4/2019 at 12:55 PM, Damor said:

My 11yo and 13yo both begged to watch Raising Arizona last night.  O-kay, then.

Although few and fleeting, there are moments when I feel like I'm doing a good job as Dad.

If your kids are begging to watch Raising Arizona, you've clearly done a fine job in raising them.  

Catching up on some classics with the 9 and 12 year old. Watched Men in Black over the weekend and it holds up pretty well. More language than I remembered for a PG-13 movie but my kids ride the bus so they’ve pretty much heard it all. 

I think The Matrix will be next. 

FIL stayed over Saturday night to help watch my 4 year old daughter, while I took my son to/from a birthday party. My wife was out of town. I leave to take my son, while he stays home with my daughter, and get back home about 30-45 minutes later to see them two sitting there watching Bird Box.  I ran over and turned it off, but the survivors were all already in the house, which means my 4 year old sat through the entire mass suicide scene after Sandra and her sister leave the hospital. 

I asked him what he was doing, and he said a button got pressed, and Netflix was all he could get to turn on. Luckily, my daughter either wasn't really watching that scene, or it didn't phase her, but still... old people are such idiots sometimes. The movie was good though, I enjoyed it.