The movie you just watched

F250

On 1/6/2019 at 5:23 PM, Neonmoon said:

Just saw Favourite. Really well done, and surpirsingly funny. The actress who played the Queen did a great job. She will probably be up for an Oscar. 

It certainly was an interesting movie. We saw it tonight. I admit to being an Emma Stone fan. And I thought she was pretty good, as were the other two gals. It was a bit odd hearing such language from Ms. Stone. I liked it.

On 12/29/2018 at 3:30 PM, Underdog said:

Greatest movie ever made is currently on IFC...

You’re gonna need a bigger boat

Ripped the bluray version of this recently. Good lord it's gorgeous. Editing is phenomenal and obviously the Shaw/Dreyfuss chemistry is one of the greatest ever put on screen.

On 1/4/2019 at 2:55 PM, Damor said:

My 11yo and 13yo both begged to watch Raising Arizona last night.  O-kay, then.

Although few and fleeting, there are moments when I feel like I'm doing a good job as Dad.

Probably watch this once a year. One of my dad and mine's favorite movies and always have to text him a few quotes after watching.

"What was he wearing?"

"A dinner jacket. What do you think?"

-

"You tell him he's a damn fool, Ed."

-

"You ate sand?"

-

"These some damn good cornflakes miss McDunnough"

Watched "Mongol" (2008) the other night. Subtitled English. Russian director. Absolutely stunning shots of Mongolia and surprisingly historically accurate - although the plot wanders a bit and tends to drag. 

Vice was good but not The Big Short good. Something you should see once but not worth a rewatch. And holy shit does Steve Carell not kill anything he's in? The "What do we beleive in?" scene had me howling.

@Buzzrock I made a thread on The Matrix the other day. Quite simply one of the best films ever made. Again, recommend the blu ray or the rip. (And by rip I mean the T word)

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

Liked Serious Man the first time I saw it but REALLY liked it the second time.
Those crazy Jews.
I'm hoping the same thing happens for Inside Llewyn Davis when I get that another shot.

I read about Inside Llewyn Davis after watching it and it made more sense. I’m ready to watch that one again too.

Probably watch this once a year. One of my dad and mine's favorite movies and always have to text him a few quotes after watching.
"What was he wearing?"
"A dinner jacket. What do you think?"
-
"You tell him he's a damn fool, Ed."
-
"You ate sand?"
-
"These some damn good cornflakes miss McDunnough"
Watched "Mongol" (2008) the other night. Subtitled English. Russian director. Absolutely stunning shots of Mongolia and surprisingly historically accurate - although the plot wanders a bit and tends to drag. 
Vice was good but not The Big Short good. Something you should see once but not worth a rewatch. And holy shit does Steve Carell not kill anything he's in? The "What do we beleive in?" scene had me howling.
[mention=90]Buzzrock[/mention] I made a thread on The Matrix the other day. Quite simply one of the best films ever made. Again, recommend the blu ray or the rip. (And by rip I mean the T word)

Unpainted Huffines.

Finally saw Ant-man and The Wasp. Pretty lame, liked the first one better. The treatment that the science/physics got was embarrassing.

Agree that it’s not as strong as the first, but if you’re looking for realistic physics in Marvel movies then I’ve got news for you.

10 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I caught "Thief" w/ James Caan the other night. Had forgetten Willie Nelson was his buddy from prison.  Jim Belushi and Dennis Farina in early roles.  Worth a first/second look.

Maybe my favorite movie from Mann.  Refn lifted a lot from this movie when he made DRIVE.

23 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

that said, it couldnt have been as bad as Oceans 13, which is basically like Stephen Soderberghs version of the F&F franchise

Heist plot holes aside which you shouldn't focus on in these movies, there was zero comedy.  Oceans 13 is the weaker of the Clooney trilogy but they throw you some chuckles here and there.  This one had none and didn't really leave you guessing with any twists in the heist.

The Boxer's Omen:  An early 80s Shaw Brothers movie featuring eel barfing, rat chewing. bat melting, blood spitting, face melting, voodoo, snakes, reanimation, regurgitation, puke eating, baby birding, guts, black magic, brain eating, maggots, stuffing dead bodies inside dead alligators to make them come back alive, and copious full frontal nudity.   Fantastic.  

On 1/9/2019 at 9:32 PM, Fozzz said:

man-between-the-1953-004-hildegard-knef-

The Man Between. Excellent Cold War thriller from Carol Reed. 

Just saw this recently too.  Mason sprechen sie deutsch pretty darn well.

Also saw East of Eden on Netflix.  A failing of mine is that I could only see Raymond Massey as Boris Karloff.

• Like 1

Avengers: Infinity War - What a steaming pile of horseshit. Looked like they really didn't have a plan except "Hey, let's team every random character of the Marvel universe with another random character of the Marvel universe, then figure it out as we go." They need to record the voices lower, too. I was still able to hear them talk at times.

On 11/6/2018 at 4:17 PM, 52-80 said:

stumbled by this scene on youtube, which made me want to watch the movie again.

Margin Call is so so good.  In contrast to that trashy caricature of a wall street movie Boiler Room.

But Boiler Room is not about Wall Street.  Margin Call is alright. Id say that it was over cast or underperformed its cast. Not sure why you would even compare them. 

My turn to pick for movie night. We try to show the kids movies from our youth that they might also enjoy. Things like Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and Goonies. Went with this one.

MV5BMjUwNmY4ZmYtMzM2OS00N2UxLWFkMWEtZmI0

Enjoyable. A short movie at only an hour and 20 minutes. Next time I get to choose, I'm going with Cloak and Dagger.

• Like 1

My turn to pick for movie night. We try to show the kids movies from our youth that they might also enjoy. Things like Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and Goonies. Went with this one.
MV5BMjUwNmY4ZmYtMzM2OS00N2UxLWFkMWEtZmI0ODRlNWRmM2MwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTI4MjkwNjA@._V1_.jpg
Enjoyable. A short movie at only an hour and 20 minutes. Next time I get to choose, I'm going with Cloak and Dagger.

Compliance!

MV5BMjUwNmY4ZmYtMzM2OS00N2UxLWFkMWEtZmI0ODRlNWRmM2MwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTI4MjkwNjA@._V1_.jpg

Also in this vein: The Last Starfighter, Batteries Not Included, Wargames