The movie you just watched

F250

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

What quickly became clear was that the LOTR is the poster series for “read the books first”.

We joked about watching the extended editions.

Start them with the silmarillion. They'll never want to read another book again. 

• Like 2

On 2/13/2019 at 2:56 PM, Buffsoldier said:

Watched this for the first time in about 10 years or more last night. 
Damn, but this was a fun little movie:

You have to watch that and Support Your Local Gunfighter as a double feature. Pretty sure it's a law.

On 2/11/2019 at 6:59 PM, ztejas said:

3 hours? Why are you robbing them of the extended editions?

I had a great experience Sunday with the Two Towers, though. Watched the first 30 minutes. Slept through the next 80 or so. Woke up just in time for Helms Deep and The March of The Ents.

My daughter and I (when she was like 12) watched The Fellowship of the Ring and the Two Towers at home back to back then went to the theater and watched Return of the King. A great day and one of my favorite memories of her childhood.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Yeah, this blew me away when I saw it.  One of the posters on here, I forget which, gave me a real hard time about it.

I love the coldness of his movies, including The Seventh Continent, which is one of the coldest things I've seen.  There is so much precision to what's shown in the film but at the same time the focus seems to be more abstract, particularly on the linkage between what befalls the villagers and the way their little society is constructed.  Reminded me a little conceptually of that Twilight Zone episode "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" but obviously with much more depth.  

Edited by Fozzz

Two I have to report on.  1st one,

Passenger 57 

Willie Mays Hays is a true badass flight security dude (who hates flying btw) and takes on McConaughey the bad guy (this had to be his first big role was it not?) and one of Michael Jacksons sisters was the main squeeze flight attendant.  Elizabeth Hurley was also a flight attendant but unfortunately she was clothed the entire time.  They land in Lousyanna and the racism towards ultra black John Cutter commences.  I kind of think this movie wouldn't be made today in the PC world we live in.  Actually a really decent cast with Tom Sizemore (Sly Delvecchio, great fucking name) as an administrator for Atlantic International Airline and Bruce Greenwood (google him, you'll know him) as the president of the airline.  Delvecchio, as an employee of the airline, also not a fan of flying.  Pretty sure Greenwood wasn't either because he sends Delvecchio out so he can stay on the ground at his HQ.  Movie tripled it's budget surprisingly.

Bolero

I hadn't seen this since I was watching horizontal flipping Skinamax at a friends house in the mid 80's.  I remember it being a lot better, probably because I couldn't hear a fucking word any of these dumb women were saying.  It is as bad as you would expect it to be.  The only thing I will add is Olivia D'abo was 14 or 15 and leave it at that.

Edited by mulletpelini
tits
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Two I have to report on.  1st one,

Passenger 57 

Willie Mays Hays is a true badass flight security dude (who hates flying btw) and takes on McConaughey the bad guy (this had to be his first big role was it not?) and one of Michael Jacksons sisters was the main squeeze flight attendant.  Elizabeth Hurley was also a flight attendant but unfortunately she was clothed the entire time.  They land in Lousyanna and the racism towards ultra black John Cutter commences.  I kind of think this movie wouldn't be made today in the PC world we live in.  Actually a really decent cast with Tom Sizemore (Sly Delvecchio, great fucking name) as an administrator for Atlantic International Airline and Bruce Greenwood (google him, you'll know him) as the president of the airline.  Delvecchio, as an employee of the airline, also not a fan of flying.  Pretty sure Greenwood wasn't either because he sends Delvecchio out so he can stay on the ground at his HQ.  Movie tripled it's budget surprisingly.

Bolero

I hadn't seen this since I was watching horizontal flipping Skinamax at a friends house in the mid 80's.  I remember it being a lot better, probably because I couldn't hear a fucking word any of these dumb women were saying.  It is as bad as you would expect it to be.  The only thing I will add is Olivia D'abo was 14 or 15 and leave it at that.

Have you ever noticed just how much Bruce Payne looks like Matthew McConaughey? It’s downright uncanny...

Some real bright mfers on here I tried ta told ya.

Watched Upgrade last night.  Had heard a lot about it, pretty much all good.  It didn't disappoint.  Note to Hollywood, everything doesn't need a sequel, remake or half a billion dollar budget.  Good idea and good story go a long way.  5M budget made a pretty gd good movie.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:25 PM, Damor said:

Tonight was 'So I Married an Axe Murderer.'

Definitely a lot of 90s awkwardness, but the Scottish dad will always be one of my favorite movie characters. I was pleased to see that my boys reached the same conclusion.

'HEED... PANTS.... NOW!'

Woman, Whoa Man!

• Like 1

Deadpool 2

What do you get when you take 8 feet of chrome, one pinch of courage, a cup of good luck, a dab of racism, a splash of diabetes and a wheelbarrow full of Stage 4 cancer?

Answer: A fucking excellent movie.

The credits scenes are gold.

Edited by RPM

Just watched “A Bridge Too Far”(1977) and have to say it’s pretty good. While not a very violent war film compared to Saving Private Ryan or We Were Soldiers, it’s still good in that aspect. There’s great acting and if you like war films then I highly recommend it.  

Edited by DoneWithit

38 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Just watched “A Bridge Too Far”(1977) and have to say it’s pretty good. While not a very violent war film compared to Saving Private Ryan or We Were Soldiers, it’s still good in that aspect. There’s great acting and if you like war films then I highly recommend it.  

Favorite "happy" war soundtrack.

Kicks in around 2:20 for the opening:

Edward Fox is bloody daft but I'd make the jump if all the other capitol fellows were jolly well for it!