The movie you just watched

F250

won't you be my neighbor

always thought the show was lame AF as a kid, but this doc is worth a watch. few stories/scenes are actually pretty damn funny, come out of it just wanting to be a good/better/decent person. 

Maybe for a different thread, but it's really disturbing and sad how the proliferation of effed up sexual misconduct stories from catholic church to metoo had me almost on edge waiting for some shit like that to hit, or that the thought/suspicion of such a thing even entered my brain. 

Won't you be my neighbor.  Fred Rogers story is worth the time as this is a well done documentary with great footage of some of the memorable shows.  Kleenex is likely needed as it gets dusty in the theatre.

Junior Bonner. Great old McQueen/Peckinpah film from the '70's.  On the surface, it appears to be just a story about an aging rodeo cowboy watching his world fall apart.  His waning career, torn family relationships and other issues. But it's much deeper than that. It's morality play where Bonner is actually a Taoist. He just doesn't know it.  The film is also a strong anti-development film. 

• Like 2

Sicario-Day of the Soldado-agree with the Rotten Tomato reviews.  6/10 as it lacks the plot of the initial offering. 

Trivial thing that annoys me: it should be Dia del Soldado or Day of the Soldier. The blend doesn’t make any sense.

Just watched Justice League off my DVR, meh outta meh. Honestly, maybe a 4/10. Stupid way to bring him back, especially with the last scene of BvS. Totally threw that away. Only positive of bringing him back was showing how he is ridiculously overpowered compared to any of the others, in their little fight.

Just watched Justice League off my DVR, meh outta meh. Honestly, maybe a 4/10. Stupid way to bring him back, especially with the last scene of BvS. Totally threw that away. Only positive of bringing him back was showing how he is ridiculously overpowered compared to any of the others, in their little fight.
Yep. Superman is so overpowered that you wonder what everyone else is doing in the movie. Marvel has done a much better job with that.

10 hours ago, bamachine said:

Yeah, Steppenwolfe was not developed at all.  I wanted to see more of the initial Gods-Atlanteans-Amazons-Green Latern Corps. fight.  I know they scrapped a post-credit scene that teased the Green Latern Corps movie for 2020.  Womp womp.

I mainly watched it because I read how good Gal Gadot and Ezra Miller were.  They did not disappoint. Aqua Bro was lame, Cyborg was lame, Superman was way too powerful and Ben Affleck was awful.

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah, Steppenwolfe was not developed at all.  I wanted to see more of the initial Gods-Atlanteans-Amazons-Green Latern Corps. fight.  I know they scrapped a post-credit scene that teased the Green Latern Corps movie for 2020.  Womp womp.

I mainly watched it because I read how good Gal Gadot and Ezra Miller were.  They did not disappoint. Aqua Bro was lame, Cyborg was lame, Superman was way too powerful and Ben Affleck was awful.

Well Gal Gadot is the only hero I liked in the movie and just the hottest woman on the planet.  Flash was ok.  Everyone else sucked.

But AquaBro is getting his own movie coming out, Nicole Kidman will be playing his mother.  Ben Afleck is being replaced for the next Batman.  And Green Lantern is being re booted.  So DC will keep on sucking.

Oh seriously? DC is the worst.  I do not like them, I really only have watched WW and this one (for Gal Gadot and Ezra Miller).

Nicole Kidman, from winning awards for Big Little Lies to playing Mother AquaBro in a shitty DC movie.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Oh seriously? DC is the worst.  I do not like them, I really only have watched WW and this one (for Gal Gadot and Ezra Miller).

Nicole Kidman, from winning awards for Big Little Lies to playing Mother AquaBro in a shitty DC movie.

ew1519_bn_127629830120321133.jpg&w=1100&

On 7/6/2018 at 11:46 PM, wild_turkey said:

Get Out - Didn’t really care for it. It’s a horror/thriller flick full of cliches, dressed up with the theme of racial conflict. Maybe I’ve just grown out of horror flicks. Not sure what everyone else saw in this one.

Me neither. Very overrated movie. I thought it was just okay, and didn't get all the love being thrown it's way. 

I, Tonya - Enjoyed it more than I expected to. I was reluctant to watch it because I was afraid it would be sympathetic to Tonya Harding. My memory of the Harding-Kerrigan scandal is pretty limited because I was only a kid at the time, but I've always viewed Harding as the clear cut villain. The movie gave me a lot more info on Harding's life and I did end up feeling a bit sympathetic due to the culture she was born into.