The movie you just watched

F250

Borg vs. McEnroe (2018).

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQN13f9pKkpE6lyxj6kSUJ

I was really disappointed in this.  Two guys with tremendous personalities (well, McEnroe at least) who they bled dry of anything other than petulance and brooding. You see the actual shots at the end and there is so much potential cool late seventies juju and you wonder how they could make it so lifeless.

This is an entertaining movie
Everybody-wants-some-movie-trailer.jpg

Master plan for a higher man
Do it all wrong
Don’t fuck it up to make it alll right
Drink my cup
Shlong as long as the Nile’s bong
Hit it bitch
I’m 95 strong, I’m the raw dog
Rawest of raw
Four screwdrivers!

Street’s character was pretty hilarious.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2018 at 6:47 PM, tantric superman said:

Borg vs. McEnroe (2018).

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQN13f9pKkpE6lyxj6kSUJ

I was really disappointed in this.  Two guys with tremendous personalities (well, McEnroe at least) who they bled dry of anything other than petulance and brooding. You see the actual shots at the end and there is so much potential cool late seventies juju and you wonder how they could make it so lifeless.

LeeBouf out front should've told ya

4 hours ago, Texas_Rocks said:

Great movie.

Cocksure punk deputy- “I’m gonna...”

Steiger- “You’re not gonna do anything but sit down and shut the hell up!!!”

Loved that scene. lol

I've searched internet for the song played in the diner to no avail. 

The Color of Money.

not to get too “deep”, but as I have gotten older it gets better and better.

The hustle, gambling, mentor relationships, getting old, relating to a younger generation, yearning for the past, figuring your place in the world....

so many great themes.  I especially like Orvis(the pool hall manager who has seen it all).

Sorry to Bother You

Wow. Was NOT what I expected. Some friends and I that "grew up" in the Sunset Direct cold calling game back in the early 2000s went to check it out because we figured a movie about a telemarketer would hit the nostalgia vein.

Eh, it sort of did. And then it swerved. Hard. 

I suspect it'll get a lot of comparisons to Get Out, fair or not, though it echoed some of the same themes Mike Judge touched on in both Office Space and Idiocracy. Regardless it was entertaining and at times, thought-provoking. 

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:17 PM, Incredulity said:

The Color of Money.

not to get too “deep”, but as I have gotten older it gets better and better.

The hustle, gambling, mentor relationships, getting old, relating to a younger generation, yearning for the past, figuring your place in the world....

so many great themes.  I especially like Orvis(the pool hall manager who has seen it all).

The trick is to watch TCOM, then The Hustler, then learn the latter is the sequel, then rewatch Hustler & TCOM.

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

She was in a lot of films. Really like her in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Foreign_Affair
Of course that one also had the lovely Marlene Dietrich!

Love that movie for a lot of different reasons. She didn't make another movie after that until Shane. 

Another favorite is Only Angels Have Wings with Cary Grant.  Her next film was Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. 2 classics back to back.